[REMOVE ADS]

Officer accused of inappropriate conduct with Whitney's body the night of her death.

You can't cross the thin blue line and accuse your fellow cops of something and expect not to have repercussions. If they don't trust you, they'll hang you out to dry or worse, fail to back you up in a pinch. I recognize that we need the police, but to survive as a cop, you either have to be dirty or willing to look away from dirty cops [[which in my opinion is just as bad).

That is a disgusting account, but it's one cop's word against another one's and I'm not surprise they "cannot find the report". They can't find it because they balled it up and threw it away immediately. The complainant signed his career's death warrant the day that he opened his mouth [[and probably told the truth). That reminds me of that crazy cop, Christopher Dorner, that was railroaded and went nuts earlier this year. I would never want to be a policeman.

Testing...testing...

There are sleazy people in all professions. This is really sleazy.

When I read the headline, I was thinking it would say he did something fairly bad or inappropriate to the body.

I bet a million other cops have done the same thing.

I suppose it would be hard for a lot of male cops, or any EMT professional, to resist looking. Still, it was unprofessional for him to actually say what he was thinking. If he had just looked, this would not have even been an issue.

I tried to respond to this thread yesterday and twice had my post erased, hence my above
    comment. Anyway, here is what I said :
    The title of the thread [[ as soulster alluded to ) might lead some to assume that some
    actual necrophiliac action had taken place. Still, though I agree with most of what Jerry Oz
    said, I will add this: I think the cop who reported it, Weir, is an idiot. As insensitive and
    inappropriate as the other cop's, Nuthall, if I'm remembering his name correctly, remarks
    were, they still are only words. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see where Weir confronted
    Nuthall about his comments while they were still on the scene or after. I'm guessing he
    is either a big Diva Range Whitney Houston fan or had previous beef with Nuthall or both.
    Regardless, what started as only careless words, Weir took to the next level as act with his
    police report. What did he think was going to happen? Where I come from 5-0 shoots innocent and unarmed people and then their brothers and sisters try to cover it up. Did he
    expect a blue gospel choir to get behind him while he sang out this condemning song? PD
    don't play that shit nowhere. Unless Whitney's body was physically violated or her family
    members present to overhear the cop's remarks, Weir should have kept his mollyfocking
    mouth shut to his superiors....

Now that this got out to the media, Weir may as well apply for a job at McDonalds under an assumed name. Dude could have pooped in the LAPD Christmas party punch bowl and had more support from his fellows than he will after he tried to roll on his fellow pig over a distasteful but otherwise trivial matter. Can you imagine their reaction when they rough up a street punk over a dirty look or fondle some drunk hooker while handcuffing her? All of which happens every day with LAPD, by the way.

You can think what ever your perverted little mind can dream up, just don't say it!

Let's get real, though, many, many professionals do say inappropriate things about their clients/patients/detainees. They should just make sure the wrong person doesn't hear it! Some women would be horrified by what some medical professionals say about their bodies while under anesthesia. In fact, some hospitals and ethical doctors and dentists now make videos of procedures to protect them in case the patient ever comes back and accuses them of saying or doing something inappropriate.

Honestly, if every inappropriate thing that I've said at work made it back to my boss, I'd have been fired a dozen times this year alone. Of course, I'm not tactless, nasty, or pervy enough to even look under the sheet at a naked corpse, let alone talk about how attractive it is.

But shop talk is nothing new in any profession.

Looking at corpse as a sexual object is just plain sick, anyway.

I think that there are a lot of sick cops who become detectives. They have to be able to see the most horrible things imaginable and process it scientifically to determine facts. Who could take the emotion out of a depraved situation better than someone who is depraved?

Cops become desensitized by the very nature of their work. Same with medical professionals and people who work in mortuaries.

If anyone thinks what this cop said was bad, just think of what the morticians said amongst themselves!

And doctors... And psychiatrists... And teachers and deacons and child welfare workers and coaches and...

Exactly! Anyone who works with the public. But, what's horrifying to most people is that some of these service professionals have access to, or are in intimate contact with their bodies.

I guess if seeing the human body wasn't so taboo in our culture, it wouldn't be such an issue.