[REMOVE ADS]

The Masqueraders

The Masqueraders are back with five members who go back to the 1960's with them. The current members are: Abdur-Rahman Hatim [[formerly Lee Jones), Harold "Sundance" Thomas, Robert "Tex" Wrightsil, David "Cowboy" Sanders, and Sam Hutchins. They just performed at our anniversary celebration in New Jersey. They sound incredible and are the nicest guys. Some people in attendance were moved to tears. We wouldn't hesitate to hire them again. They performed their hits like "One More Chance", "I'm Just An Average Guy", "I Ain't Got To Love Nobody Else", and "They Call Me The Traveling Man". They also sang a number of other songs. We consider them one of the best vocal groups around today. Hatim's lead voice is as strong as ever but any of the members can sing any part. How can we get this group more work in the Northeast or elsewhere? We'll be posting photos and maybe short video clips soon on our web site www.classicurbanharmony.net
    Pam & Charlie Horner

thats great news Charlie! these guys are amazing...

Damn...they have to come to Cleveland!!

Best,

Mark

Mark,
    ....... apart from being great singers, they're such nice unassuming helpful & cheerful guys.
    They deserve every success that they get to enjoy.

They made me cry when I saw them at the Luther Ingram benefit in Memphis some years ago.
    Sweet harmonies.

Classy number on Detroit's Labeat label http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=948BU52wyLU

We are working on a major article on the Masqueraders. Having assisted in getting the five original members back together, we have also completed a four hour interview with the group. We believe the groups original recordings as The Stairs were never released. We could be wrong. Does anyone have a copy of The Masqueraders record on MK [["Man's Temptation"/"Dancing Doll")? We'd love to get scans of the label and maybe mp3's.
    Pam & Charlie Horner
    www.classicurbanharmony.net

Thanks Hekki,
    We were aware of your articles and they were very helpful to us when we interviewed the group members. When we write something on the group, we will certainly credit your ground breaking research. Have you ever seen the record on MK?
    Best regards,
    Charlie & Pam Horner

Hi Charlie & Pam!

I haven't seen it, and that's why I asked the boys to sing it over the phone :-) - just to be sure that we're talking about the same tune.

Best regards
    Heikki

I have to wonder...why hasn't anyone in the UK attempted to re-release the HBS and Bang LP's on CD?

Best,

Mark

Mark,
    .... although just about every record that the group put out was great [[I personally prefer their Bell stuff above all the rest) --- the NS fans only go for their 60's dancers, the 'soul group' fans have most of the groups vinyl that they want & the 'younger' soul audience haven't really been exposed to much of the group's music.
    There has to be existing demand for a UK company to pay to license the HBS & Bang stuff for CD release.