[REMOVE ADS]

Martha, Mary, David and Eddie......"Dancing In the Streets"!

Now here is something special and rare. Martha Reeves, Mary Wells, David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks perform the finale "Dancing In the Streets" in concert!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Now here is something special and rare. Martha Reeves, Mary Wells, David Ruffin and Eddie Kendricks perform the finale "Dancing In the Streets" in concert!

Wow Marv this is rare! How do you come up with these jewels?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post

This was recorded at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood California, where the Los Angeles Lakers played before the went to the Staple Center. If I remember correctly they did two maybe three shows. Because I worked at the Forum during that time I was in attendance for all of the concerts, which were a treat for me to see these Motown greats. The sad thing was all the concerts were poorly attended imo for such a large venue. The attendance may have 2500. The Forum seated at least 15,000 in the arena. The other thing that I didn't care for was neither Martha or Mary had background singers.

God Bless Dr. Miss Martha Reeves the First Lady of Motown, but sweet Jesus, I wish her mic would have been turned down a bit. Like, to OFF.

I saw this tour in Cleveland, Oh. I was about 10 or 11 years old at the time. It was at a venue on Cleveland's lakefront.

I have a DVD of that concert, still out there on Amazon:
    http://www.amazon.com/Dancin-Street-.../dp/6305712093

The song list is:
    Mary Wells:
    You Beat Me To The Punch
    Two Lovers
    The One Who Really Loves You
    My Guy

Mary Wells & Curtis Womack:
    Wonderful World
    He Will Break Your Heart
    Chain Gang
    Bye Bye Baby
    Shout

Martha Reeves:
    I'm Ready For Love
    Nowhere To Run
    I'll Have To Let Him Go
    Jimmy Mack
    Heat Wave

David Ruffin & Eddie Kendricks:
    Get Ready
    Keep On Truckin'
    [[My Whole World Ended) The Moment You Left Me
    Musical Cake
    Statue Of A Fool [[David says he wrote it as a young man)
    Just My Imagination
    Ain't Too Proud To Beg
    My Girl
    The Way You Do The Things You Do
    [[I Know) I'm Losing You

Grand Finale:
    Dancin' In The Street

I always regretted that I didn't go to see this tour when it played in my city. They played a small club and for the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't go. But all of them did do a radio interview to promote the concert, and I was able to catch that.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    God Bless Dr. Miss Martha Reeves the First Lady of Motown, but sweet Jesus, I wish her mic would have been turned down a bit. Like, to OFF.
    Now now my dear marybrewster Dr Martha Reaeves can sing her hits as. Loud as she like lol. She sounds real good to me and steal the show IMO.

Fondly,

Roberta

Quote Originally Posted by rod_rick View Post
    This was recorded at the Great Western Forum in Inglewood California, where the Los Angeles Lakers played before the went to the Staple Center. If I remember correctly they did two maybe three shows. Because I worked at the Forum during that time I was in attendance for all of the concerts, which were a treat for me to see these Motown greats. The sad thing was all the concerts were poorly attended imo for such a large venue. The attendance may have 2500. The Forum seated at least 15,000 in the arena. The other thing that I didn't care for was neither Martha or Mary had background singers.
    I have the VHS and DVD of that show.
    This was when DVD's were first coming out.

edafan

My favorite part of the show is that Eddie and Davids background singers were dressed in black , but the gentleman in the middle did not get the memo, and thought they were wearing white, and he must have vowed to Dance his _ _ _ off, because he did.