[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I'm surprised that no one else is hearing the little pops and other sound effects... I guess it must be my connection.

thomas96 Guest
    Could you ask her as well about how I could get in contact with her? Possible work involved...

Hope to hear "It Should Have Been Me". "ISHBM" and "Love Me All The Way" are two of my very favorites.

Tyrone [[Atlanta)

Please let Kim know that . . .

Whenever I'm at loose ends and need something to pull me together, listening to Kim sing A LITTLE MORE LOVE works wonders for me. Her voice is both beautiful and thrilling.

The first time I saw Kim was on TV on Hullabaloo, teetering precariously high above the Hullabaloo Dancers. And Kim looked gorgeous and sexy to beat the band. But that pedestal they had Kim standing on was frightening!

Years later, I saw her in a discussion panel on The Sally Jesse Raphael Show. Kim spoke so elegantly and looked absolutely magnificent--so regal in the most amazing way. She was just remarkable and I remember thinking "Kim IS Helen of Troy. Truly. She is the woman that men would go into battle for." Her intense beauty was matched exactly by that of her amazing spirit, sense of self, and intelligence.

I've never forgotten Kim on that show. She raised that show to a whole other level that day--simply by being Kim.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 09-10-2013 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post
    I'm surprised that no one else is hearing the little pops and other sound effects... I guess it must be my connection.
    Carole - I had that problem only during the first half hour.

It seems to have stopped during the interview. Thanks for verifying that it wasn't just me.

Thanks John for asking Kim to share thoughts on Marvin for me!

John;
    What a treat to hear Kim Weston share her memories. She is obviously a survivor and deserves all the breaks that comes her way. Please give her a shout out of love from a fan in Canada! Hugs to Kim...............

Here's what Kim is talking about:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/01/ar...anted=all&_r=0

What Kim was saying about Barrett Strong, is that Barrett's name has been removed from the writer's credit of the song "Money".

You beat me to it Carole.

Johnny,

You say 'us'... because you are graciously sharing this interview with all of us!!!

Hi Johnny, I finally made it

Mickey Stevenson is credited for writing "He's My Baby"

thomas96 Guest
    Bye Kim! Thank you so very much!!!

John;
    A wonderful evening of conversation for sure. Could you please mention the name of that recent British recording Kim did once again. I was going to write it down and my phone rang, and whatever it was escaped me completely. Thanks!

Thank You so much for sharing with us Kim! You are the best!!

Johnny,

You say 'us'... because you are graciously sharing this interview with all of us!!!
    I think you're right, Carole [[*smile)

I thought I heard the Mandante in the background at the beginning of that one, but maybe I was mistaken.

What a night for Kim and all you incredibly patient and huge hearted folks. I'm most appreciative of your being here for my chat with Kim.....I'll come back tomorrow and address more specific posts...Thanks so very much!!!!

thomas96 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by R. Mark Desjardins View Post
    John;
    A wonderful evening of conversation for sure. Could you please mention the name of that recent British recording Kim did once again. I was going to write it down and my phone rang, and whatever it was escaped me completely. Thanks!
    Revenge Factory - Sexy Nerd [[Touch My Circuitry) feat. Kim Weston

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Thanks Thomas!!!

Good night - God bless you Johnny for ALL that you do!

What a wonderful treat that was to hear Kim in conversation like that--she's so candid and direct and right there at every step. Completely not of the ordinary but very special indeed. Thanks for the interview John.
    Last edited by Methuselah2; 09-11-2013 at 05:10 AM.

thomas96 Guest
    Great show John. Thank you so much. Looking forward to the complete singles!

Thank you, Kim. You're a star!

Have a great week, John. Looks like I've solved the time problem, so hope to be with you again next week.

Folks.....I know the show was unusual for you....me too. It required some changes in plans and a bit of reworking until Kim was able to spend time with us. And that she did...over 90 minutes! I appreciate all the questions that you came up with, and my apologies for not being able to get to all of them. When Kim was able to join us on air, the most important thing at that point was to help her feel as comfortable as possible, and a lot of that meant taking my cues from her as to what she wanted to talk about.
    But again, I want to thank you all for your patience, and your love for Kim shown through with your wonderful responses to her here on this thread. Thanks so much for your support. I'm beginning to think that Motown is the SOUL of "Nightflight"...and that you folks are the HEART. Thanks so much for being part of this...and all the "Nightflight" shows.
    Remember...next week....oyyyy vey...The Complete Motown Singles....

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Thank you, Kim. You're a star!

Have a great week, John. Looks like I've solved the time problem, so hope to be with you again next week.
    Martin..you have a great week too! Hope you can listen next week. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by thomas96 View Post
    Great show John. Thank you so much. Looking forward to the complete singles!
    Thanks so much, Thomas! Glad you'll be with us for TCMSs!!

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah2 View Post
    What a wonderful treat that was to hear Kim in conversation like that--she's so candid and direct and right there at every step. Completely not of the ordinary but very special indeed. Thanks for the interview John.
    Thanks, Bruce. I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by msjoys View Post
    Good night - God bless you Johnny for ALL that you do!
    Thank you so much, Msjoys! Always a pleasure to see you. And God bless you too...I do just what YOU do....love the music and the folks that created it!

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    I thought I heard the Mandante in the background at the beginning of that one, but maybe I was mistaken.
    Kenneth...Mandante....yes...I DO love that! Thanks!

John;
    Thank you, Mark...
    I know you got this from Thomas here last night....but just in case....

Quote Originally Posted by lovechild View Post
    Hi Johnny, I finally made it
    Tony....so glad you caught up with us!!

Carole...thanks so much for posting this link to the Barrett Strong NY Times articlethat Kim brought up...VERY troubling....
    Kim brought this up related to people, including her, that didn't get credited for their
    involvement in writing songs.

BTW, Carole...thanks for all you do...much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Thanks John for asking Kim to share thoughts on Marvin for me!
    Of course, Glen...glad you brought it up! Hope your friends enjoyed the show.

John;
    You really are a wonderful, considerate guy. You helped Kim feel very much at ease under a stressful situation for her. And what wonderful stories she shared. I very much look forward to her memories when she gets to committing them on paper!

John;
    You really are a wonderful, considerate guy. You helped Kim feel very much at ease under a stressful situation for her. And what wonderful stories she shared. I very much look forward to her memories when she gets to committing them on paper!
    Mark....you are very kind. Yes...Kim did share some wonderful stories, and not always
    pleasant one. She didn't have an easy time of it always. It would be wonderful if she would create an autobiography. Thanks, Mark!