PDA

View Full Version : Kelly and Company TV shows featuring Motown artists

test

woodward
10-03-2018, 12:32 PM
I was reading where a local Detroit TV show Kelly and Company, during the Ian Levine era, had shows in which Martha & the Vandellas, Marvelettes, and Contours appeared on. It was also reported that the Elgins and Mary Wells also appeared on it.

Perhaps Marv can dig up a YouTube of some of these. He is an expert at finding things on YouTube and he probably recalls the TV show.

Help us out, Marv. Thanks.

marv2
10-03-2018, 01:03 PM
Oh yeah, John and Marilyn Kelly were staples of Detroit television for years. Here'
s the "Marvelettes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TV9Gmrnmbo

marv2
10-03-2018, 01:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHfD1101_uo

marv2
10-03-2018, 01:09 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dm8gE8YoG6A

woodward
10-03-2018, 03:35 PM
Thanks Marv. I knew if anyone could resurrect these videos you could. You are the Motown Forum YouTube expert. Thanks again. I hope everyone appreciates your
efforts as I do.

marv2
10-03-2018, 03:40 PM
Thanks Marv. I knew if anyone could resurrect these videos you could. You are the Motown Forum YouTube expert. Thanks again. I hope everyone appreciates your
efforts as I do.

You are most welcome Woodward and thank you. I don't know some do or not, but oh well.......hehehehehehehe!

marv2
10-03-2018, 03:41 PM
Remember that John Kelly started off on WJBK Channel 2 like in the late sixties and Marilyn was on WXYZ Channel 7 before they got married.

marv2
10-03-2018, 03:42 PM
and then there was the "Rita Bell Prize Movie" on channel 7 LOL!

detmotownguy
10-04-2018, 12:24 AM
I was reading where a local Detroit TV show Kelly and Company, during the Ian Levine era, had shows in which Martha & the Vandellas, Marvelettes, and Contours appeared on. It was also reported that the Elgins and Mary Wells also appeared on it.

Perhaps Marv can dig up a YouTube of some of these. He is an expert at finding things on YouTube and he probably recalls the TV show.

Help us out, Marv. Thanks.

Mary Cindy and Scherrie sang It’s All Been Said Before on Kelly and Company.

detmotownguy
10-04-2018, 12:45 AM
and then there was the "Rita Bell Prize Movie" on channel 7 LOL!
Marv, Detroit had the best media in the country!!!! That whole channel 7 news team had more class than any news team in the US! But really all the stations were great. Glad I had the opportunity to grow up in Detroit! Those summer nights shooting pool on 8 Mile with the doors open are fond memories!

marv2
10-04-2018, 01:09 AM
Marv, Detroit had the best media in the country!!!! That whole channel 7 news team had more class than any news team in the US! But really all the stations were great. Glad I had the opportunity to grow up in Detroit! Those summer nights shooting pool on 8 Mile with the doors open are fond memories!

Sadly, that is in the far away past. Our collective good memories of Detroit. Remember going over to Bob-Lo Island in the summer? How about River Rouge Park?

marv2
10-04-2018, 01:10 AM

I know you are right about having the best media. When went away to school in Denver, just about everything in media sucked. Their local television, radio stations and newspapers could not come close to Detroit's.