[REMOVE ADS]




Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    Kelly and Company TV shows featuring Motown artists

    I was reading where a local Detroit TV show Kelly and Company, during the Ian Levine era, had shows in which Martha & the Vandellas, Marvelettes, and Contours appeared on. It was also reported that the Elgins and Mary Wells also appeared on it.

    Perhaps Marv can dig up a YouTube of some of these. He is an expert at finding things on YouTube and he probably recalls the TV show.

    Help us out, Marv. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Oh yeah, John and Marilyn Kelly were staples of Detroit television for years. Here'
    s the "Marvelettes"


  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Thanks Marv. I knew if anyone could resurrect these videos you could. You are the Motown Forum YouTube expert. Thanks again. I hope everyone appreciates your
    efforts as I do.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Thanks Marv. I knew if anyone could resurrect these videos you could. You are the Motown Forum YouTube expert. Thanks again. I hope everyone appreciates your
    efforts as I do.
    You are most welcome Woodward and thank you. I don't know some do or not, but oh well.......hehehehehehehe!

  7. #7
    Remember that John Kelly started off on WJBK Channel 2 like in the late sixties and Marilyn was on WXYZ Channel 7 before they got married.

  8. #8
    and then there was the "Rita Bell Prize Movie" on channel 7 LOL!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I was reading where a local Detroit TV show Kelly and Company, during the Ian Levine era, had shows in which Martha & the Vandellas, Marvelettes, and Contours appeared on. It was also reported that the Elgins and Mary Wells also appeared on it.

    Perhaps Marv can dig up a YouTube of some of these. He is an expert at finding things on YouTube and he probably recalls the TV show.

    Help us out, Marv. Thanks.
    Mary Cindy and Scherrie sang Itís All Been Said Before on Kelly and Company.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    and then there was the "Rita Bell Prize Movie" on channel 7 LOL!
    Marv, Detroit had the best media in the country!!!! That whole channel 7 news team had more class than any news team in the US! But really all the stations were great. Glad I had the opportunity to grow up in Detroit! Those summer nights shooting pool on 8 Mile with the doors open are fond memories!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv, Detroit had the best media in the country!!!! That whole channel 7 news team had more class than any news team in the US! But really all the stations were great. Glad I had the opportunity to grow up in Detroit! Those summer nights shooting pool on 8 Mile with the doors open are fond memories!
    Sadly, that is in the far away past. Our collective good memories of Detroit. Remember going over to Bob-Lo Island in the summer? How about River Rouge Park?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv, Detroit had the best media in the country!!!! That whole channel 7 news team had more class than any news team in the US! But really all the stations were great. Glad I had the opportunity to grow up in Detroit! Those summer nights shooting pool on 8 Mile with the doors open are fond memories!
    I know you are right about having the best media. When went away to school in Denver, just about everything in media sucked. Their local television, radio stations and newspapers could not come close to Detroit's.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

[REMOVE ADS]

Ralph Terrana
MODERATOR

Welcome to Soulful Detroit! Kindly Consider Turning Off Your Ad BlockingX
Soulful Detroit is a free service that relies on revenue from ad display [regrettably] and donations. We notice that you are using an ad-blocking program that prevents us from earning revenue during your visit.
Ads are REMOVED for Members who donate to Soulful Detroit. [You must be logged in for ads to disappear]
DONATE HERE »
And have Ads removed.