[REMOVE ADS]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I saw the Tonight Show that night when Joe Namath hosted and The Supremes did do Nathan Jones. I remember the band made a false start and Jean had asked them to start again. I believe they wore those hot pants outfits. Personally I wished they would have lip synced because live just took so much away from that song. I was told years ago that the tape of this no longer exists. Most of you have probably seen the picture of Merv Griffin presenting them with a gold record for Nathan Jones. That show I didn't know about. That was a fantastic record.

Quote Originally Posted by nathanj06 View Post
    I saw the Tonight Show that night when Joe Namath hosted and The Supremes did do Nathan Jones. I remember the band made a false start and Jean had asked them to start again. I believe they wore those hot pants outfits. Personally I wished they would have lip synced because live just took so much away from that song. I was told years ago that the tape of this no longer exists. Most of you have probably seen the picture of Merv Griffin presenting them with a gold record for Nathan Jones. That show I didn't know about. That was a fantastic record.

Nathan...I do agree with you. They really never should have done it live because it would have been virtually impossible to duplicate the awesome sounds that Frank Wilson created in the studio.