[REMOVE ADS]

how long do songs/albums stay in diana's show

Carry On from EDIAND came on while listening to a playlist on a drive. and i've always liked that song and so hit the back button to listen to it again. made me think though how much this album was pretty much tossed aside. I think CO would be a great anthem to end her shows with, even though it too is a cover. but it's less known and so might be seen more as "hers" than I Will Survive

that made me think about Someday and how it never seems to be present in her shows. and then other albums

Clearly there are some tunes that are ALWAYS there - like Mountain, Im Coming Out, The Boss. but what about other tunes and projects? thought maybe we go album by album

DR 70 - Mountain and ROAT seem to always maintain
    EIE - I'm Still waiting is one she often still does, at least in Europe
    Surrender - Remember Me was in the show a long while but by 1980 or so was it still present much? i think she did Reach out in RTL
    TMITM - the title track is still used a lot
    LTISH - i think this most dried up pretty quick, although she did the title track on the Muppets in 1980
    DR 76 - Mahogany and LH are always still used
    BIM - none recently
    Ross 78 - none recently
    The Boss - title track
    diana - I'm coming out, UD
    WDFFIL - title track. when did Mirror drop out?
    SE - muscles, when did it drop out?
    Ross 83 - none recently
    SA - Missing You still around?
    EA - Chained Reaction is pretty frequent in her shows
    RHRAB - none
    WO - none
    Force - none
    TMH - I Will Survive
    EDIND - none
    Blue - none
    ILY - more today

Every tour I saw Diana [[from the 80s ) on, every tour had songs from her last album.
    In the 80s ,she did most of the big hits with recent singles.
    After, every tour,Workin Overtime, the force behind, take me higher
    All featured five or so songs from each, but most of the songs were dropped.
    Her shows now are mostly a hits collection.
    I was disappointed when I saw her last week.only one new song ,
    Thank You.

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    Carry On from EDIAND came on while listening to a playlist on a drive. and i've always liked that song and so hit the back button to listen to it again. made me think though how much this album was pretty much tossed aside. I think CO would be a great anthem to end her shows with, even though it too is a cover. but it's less known and so might be seen more as "hers" than I Will Survive

that made me think about Someday and how it never seems to be present in her shows. and then other albums

Clearly there are some tunes that are ALWAYS there - like Mountain, Im Coming Out, The Boss. but what about other tunes and projects? thought maybe we go album by album

DR 70 - Mountain and ROAT seem to always maintain
    EIE - I'm Still waiting is one she often still does, at least in Europe
    Surrender - Remember Me was in the show a long while but by 1980 or so was it still present much? i think she did Reach out in RTL
    TMITM - the title track is still used a lot
    LTISH - i think this most dried up pretty quick, although she did the title track on the Muppets in 1980
    DR 76 - Mahogany and LH are always still used
    BIM - none recently
    Ross 78 - none recently
    The Boss - title track
    diana - I'm coming out, UD
    WDFFIL - title track. when did Mirror drop out?
    SE - muscles, when did it drop out?
    Ross 83 - none recently
    SA - Missing You still around?
    EA - Chained Reaction is pretty frequent in her shows
    RHRAB - none
    WO - none
    Force - none
    TMH - I Will Survive
    EDIND - none
    Blue - none
    ILY - more today
    Interesting post!
    Mirror, Mirror was constant until 2000, typically closing the first segment of her show. It’s popped up a few times since that time.
    Muscles vanished completely by 1990.

It’s My House is in and out of the show regularly.

I saw Diana last night in Boston and as satisfying as the show was, I can see someone leaving somewhat frustrated at the songs she didn't perform. Of course, with so many hits under her belt, she can't possibly do them all. I used to think the same after leaving an Aretha concert.

From the Diana shows I have personally attended in the U.S.:

REACH OUT AND TOUCH used to be a given but I've attended a few concerts in recent years where she didn't sing it.

AIN' T NO MOUNTAIN HIGH ENOUGH has always been included.

I first heard REMEMBER ME during Tour '79 and it stayed until 1982. It was dropped when I saw her in 1983 but it was back in 1984. That was the last time I attended a concert when she sang it.

TOUCH ME IN THE MORNING is a given.

Out of the many times I've seen her, THEME FROM MAHOGANY was not performed in 1984. But that was the only time that I recall.

LOVE HANGOVER was performed at the concerts I attended in 1977 and 1979. After that, I didn't hear it again until 1989, and it has remained.

THE BOSS was dropped for awhile in the early 80s but came back during the MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY tour. Ditto for IT'S MY HOUSE.

UPSIDE DOWN and I'M COMING OUT have been done at every concert I've attended of hers since their release.

I think IT'S MY TURN goes in and out. I never heard her perform it until 1984 and after that, only in 1997.

ENDLESS LOVE used to be a given but seems to be in and out since the I LOVE YOU tour.

WHY DO FOOLS FALL IN LOVE has never been dropped, to my knowledge.

MIRROR, MIRROR remained in the act for some time, usually right before intermission or a costume change. It was gone when she debuted the I LOVE YOU tour in 2006 and reduced her show's running time. She put it back in for the first leg of the MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY tour but since then, I haven't heard it live.

I think MUSCLES was dropped after the WORKIN' OVERTIME tour.

MISSING YOU lasted a long while. But again, it was gone when she debuted the I LOVE YOU tour in 2006. She put it back in for the first leg MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY tour, making a medley of it along with YOU ARE NOT ALONE as a tribute to MJ. I think it has been in and out since then but I haven't heard it live since then.

CHAIN REACTION was performed at most I attended from 1989 to maybe 1996 or so. Ditto for DIRTY LOOKS.

I think WORKIN' OVERTIME was dropped after that tour. PARADISE lasted at least until 1991.

I think I WILL SURVIVE has stayed in the show since 1995. I believe TAKE ME HIGHER may have been dropped in the late 90s but came back for the MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY tour and has remained.

I never heard anything from EVERY DAY IS A NEW DAY in concert, which is sad because there are some very good songs on it. I always thought CARRY ON could have replaced I WILL SURVIVE.

MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY has remained from the I LOVE YOU album. On opening night of that tour, it was the only song from the album that she performed. The next night, she added the title track. For subsequent tours, she added WHAT ABOUT LOVE and THE LOOK OF LOVE. But none of them have lasted as long as MTTY.

The last two times I saw her, she sang at least three songs from THANK YOU, including the title track, TOMORROW, IF THE WORLD JUST DANCED, and COUNT ON ME.
    Last edited by reese; 05-17-2024 at 10:01 PM.

Diana did Mirror Mirror when I saw her in Chautauqua last summer. She was also performing it regularly during her 2010 tour. She also did It's Hard For Me To Say at a show or two, last summer [also performed regularly during her 2010 tour]. She's also done He Lives In You, on and off, along with Amazing Grace [I think we can count this as a track from her Christmas
    cd ], mostly for the orchestra shows, which she hasn't done much of in the last few years. If We Hold On Together and Best Years were in the show, on and off, pre-covid.
    Last edited by carlo; 05-17-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Sometimes "He Lives in You" from Every Day is a New Day pops up in her show. Such as this one from last year:

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
    Interesting post!
    Mirror, Mirror was constant until 2000, typically closing the first segment of her show. It’s popped up a few times since that time.
    Muscles vanished completely by 1990.

It’s My House is in and out of the show regularly.
    interesting Mirror stayed in for so long. it's solid tune and live, it works well