[REMOVE ADS]

Motown and MLK's Funeral

I've been on an MLK and King family research rabbit hole for the last week or so. Ran across a photo of the Supremes at Dr. King's funeral, which I had seen before, but it made me curious. Does anyone have any idea of which Motown artists went down for the tragic occasion? Obviously the Supremes, and I believe Gladys and the Pips also went down. Any other Motown attendees?

BG and Stevie were present, as well as future Motowners Sammy Davis, Jr., Bill Cosby and Diahann Carroll.
    Last edited by sansradio; 04-03-2023 at 07:06 AM.

Thanks Sans! Not at all surprised Stevie was there. One thing about Stevie, he don't hardly miss a funeral. [[Which, of course, I say not to downplay his reasons for paying his respects to Dr. King.)

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Thanks Sans! Not at all surprised Stevie was there. One thing about Stevie, he don't hardly miss a funeral. [[Which, of course, I say not to downplay his reasons for paying his respects to Dr. King.)
    No problem! Yes, he's always dependable to pay his respects in person, with Dionne a close second.