[REMOVE ADS]

Huey Lewis & The News

Hi everyone, I thought I’d make a thread about a band who are actually one of my favourites, Huey Lewis & The News. Although they made many an 80s classic, in most of their music you can hear their love of 50s/60s R&B and soul, including and especially Stax and Motown.

Their 1994 LP Four Chords & Several Years Ago was a cover album of 50s and 60s R&B songs, including a nice rendition of Shorty Long's "Function At The Junction"…

And here’s my favourite, the very Motown-esque "Stuck With You"…

Any other fans out there?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi everyone, I thought I’d make a thread about a band who are actually one of my favourites, Huey Lewis & The News. Although they made many an 80s classic, in most of their music you can hear their love of 50s/60s R&B and soul, including and especially Stax and Motown.

Their 1994 LP Four Chords & Several Years Ago was a cover album of 50s and 60s R&B songs, including a nice rendition of Shorty Long's "Function At The Junction"…

And here’s my favourite, the very Motown-esque "Stuck With You"…

Any other fans out there?
    Lurv ALL their output from day 1. Especially "Back in Time" on the "Back To The Future " soundtrack. Agree with your sentiments too. Good thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Lurv ALL their output from day 1. Especially "Back in Time" on the "Back To The Future " soundtrack. Agree with your sentiments too. Good thread.
    Good to hear nativeNY! And thank you. "Back In Time" is one of my favourites too, but I'm a huge Back to the Future fan, so I’m not exactly impartial.

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    I used to have a copy of that 4 Chords CD and quite liked it. Wish I'd held onto it.

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    I used to have a copy of that 4 Chords CD and quite liked it. Wish I'd held onto it.
    Hi gary, what do you mean by 4 Chords CD?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Hi gary, what do you mean by 4 Chords CD?
    The one pictured in the "Function At The Junction" video at the top of this thread. Here is a playlist for the songs on the cd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEI7...dxvtSpirazrpWF

Quote Originally Posted by lockhartgary View Post
    The one pictured in the "Function At The Junction" video at the top of this thread. Here is a playlist for the songs on the cd:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEI7...dxvtSpirazrpWF
    Oh yes, of course! I’ve somehow managed to misunderstand my own thread.

[To be fair, I thought it meant a CD that came with sheet music. LOL!]
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 07-04-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Tom, this is one of my favorite groups. My two fav songs are a tie between "If This Is It" and "Simple As That". I could always hear the influence of 60s music in what they were doing. Sucks about Huey's hearing. I really hated learning of that when the news broke.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Tom, this is one of my favorite groups. My two fav songs are a tie between "If This Is It" and "Simple As That". I could always hear the influence of 60s music in what they were doing. Sucks about Huey's hearing. I really hated learning of that when the news broke.
    Nice one Ran! And "If This Is It" is a great one!! Not too familiar with "Simple As That" so will have to check it out.

edit: I really like "Simple As That"!!
    Last edited by TomatoTom123; 07-07-2022 at 07:55 PM.