I am reluctant to enter into this elementary discussion; however, someone must at least attempt to inject a sense of logic here.

Do y'all really think Oprah literally meant that the Supremes were the first black folks one television? LMAO?! Even though there is a mountain of evidence to contradict a claim as significant as that?!! Lord and have mercy. Instead, and bear with me here, LOL!, do you suppose she could have meant that the Supremes appearance on Ed Sullivan was the first time that blacks appeared on television as harbingers of their own culture? This was the first time a group of black individuals appeared on national television, singing their own music, written by African-American writers, choreographed by African- American choreographers, and being promoted by an African-American owned company. Additionally, The Ed Sullivan Show was an American staple. Appearing on such a program was significant because it meant your appearance was viewed my almost everyone in American. American Bandstand was significant, but it's was marketed to teenagers; Sullivan's audience was the entire country. See the difference?

I wonder why I even took the time to type this because I know it will bear no significance to those who have their own agendas and who are hell bent on finding diversion where none exists. Carry on!