[REMOVE ADS]

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You have to take what Oprah says with a big grain of salt! She gushes over Tina Turner the same way. She is simply taking advantage of the fact that she has a television show and has tried several times to promote Diana Ross over others and it never works. Diane has not experienced any true tangible benefits from being on the Oprah Winfrey show which in itself is amazing. She went on that show to promote her book, her CD "Everyday", her "RTL Tour" etc,etc and they all failed! So Oprah pretending that she only saw Diana Ross on the Ed Sullivan Show and before that there were no Black people, Black women on television is ludicrious! I learned my history lesson long before there was an Oprah Winfrey Show and I was also around long enough to have seen other famous Black performers on television before the Supremes and Diana Ross!

Now the fact that Diana Ross is the only one to inspire her is fine, but to say that all little girls watching TV in 1964 were inspired by Diane is a huge exaggeration! I heard her use the term "Dare to Dream", so evidently as quiet as it's kept, she must have been paying attention to another Supreme
    Last edited by marv2; 02-28-2011 at 04:37 PM.