Quote Originally Posted by robb_k View Post
Name:  av-5.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  21.1 KB
I grew up mostly living in the same house with my father's parents, but when we weren't there [[almost 4 months out of each year), we were staying with my mother's parents. So, all 4 of my grandparents were like 2 more sets of parents to me. I had two homes. So, no one could threaten me with "banishment" to my grandparents' homes. But, I was pretty well behaved and got good grades, and was an integral worker in my father's store, and was working on a sub career that would result in my paying my own way through university with scholarships. So my parents would never have had to threaten me, anyway. As it was I ended up paying my own way through university. The only thing my parents could ever hold against me is not giving them any grandchildren or great grandchildren. Luckily, my sisters did that.
Robb, that is excellent! Don't get me wrong. We were not like Juvenile Delinquents[[I've seen the inside of NYC's Juvenile Justice Centers aka Kiddie Prisons and those kids have murdered their own parents). We were more mischievous especially my older brother Robert. He would follow or mimic older kids and I would follow him into every kind of trouble a small kid could get into back in the sixties LOL! We were both very good students. Always earning A's and B's.

I don't how it would have worked out for us if my grandparents on either side had lived with us. Both of my parents believed in corporal punishment..........none of my grandparents did especially in regards to their grandkids. They would not allow it and that would have caused all types of problems.