[REMOVE ADS]

Stevie Wonder Set To Perform At 2023 Grammys With Smokey Robinson And Chris Stapleton

Info from uMusic.com-

Stevie Wonder will perform during the 65th Grammy Awards on February 5 alongside Smokey Robinson and Chris Stapleton.

Robinson is this year’s recipient of the MusiCares Person of the Year award, along with Motown founder Berry Gordy. The award will be presented at a gala tonight [February 3] in Los Angeles. Stapleton is a nominee this year for best country song for “I’ll Love You Till The Day I Die.”

As for Wonder, the legend has amassed 25 Grammys over the years and is the only artist ever to win album of the year with three consecutive studio albums.

Stevie and Smokey were on stage. Berry remained in the audience. It would've been nice if someone sang a little of "Money That's What I Want".

Later in the show, Barrett Stong and Lamont Dozier were included in the memoriam tribute.

I saw the segment with Stevie & Smokey as Berry sat in the audience. Stevie was singing "Higher Ground", and Smokey sang "The Tears Of A Clown. The band was smokin', and Stevie & Smokey were in particularly fine voice. Smokey looked especially amazing in his green suit. The guy just seems to look younger every time I see him. Wish I knew his secret!

A good facelift?

The Smokey/Stevie/Chris segment was one of my favorite performances of the show. But since he was one of those being honored as MusiCares Person of the Year, I think they could have let Smokey do at least one more song.

Being the old school soul that I am, that segment of the show was one of the few occasions in which I knew what was being sung and could understand the words.

I recorded the show. Started watching today, about half way through. The entire Motown segment was excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    A good facelift?
    Yeah! HaHa! Well, if he did, he got himself a good one!
    Last edited by Philles/Motown Gary; 02-09-2023 at 02:58 AM.