[REMOVE ADS]

KYG [H]oliday - Angel Girl [[ ambient soulful cloud hip hop 2019 )

Last edited by kygholiday; 03-12-2019 at 11:21 AM. Reason: For jess

Sorry KYG & Jess, but wrong category, if this is non-Motown related. I suppose could be transferred somewhere in Soulful Detroit forum instead.

And even if it is, rap in general, has long lost meaning of being called "music" to me, for a long time.

Only Motown rap I do take sometimes-seriously, would be: Queen Latifah, MC Trouble, and Rich Nice.

Well, I try to be open minded when it comes to music, but this is not very good IMO. Not for me anyway. I don't hear any soul in it.

I don't know much about Motown rap, or Motown in the 90s apart from Boyz II Men or Shanice.

Bump it up like ayh

Arr im a pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Well, I try to be open minded when it comes to music, but this is not very good IMO. Not for me anyway. I don't hear any soul in it.

I don't know much about Motown rap, or Motown in the 90s apart from Boyz II Men or Shanice.
    Lemme educate ya a little on some nineties, which I'm sure, along with Boyz II Men, Shanice, surely you know Johnny Gill?

Rich Nice - I first noticed his name when I read an article on "New Motown Revue" on Jheryl Busby's [[1988- 1992-ish) Motown, and Rich Nice was included on the acts. Although like most of the rest of the "New" Motowners was brief, his piece from it, "Outstanding", ran actually pretty cool and smooth, although much credit from it was built around the chorus of the Gap Band tune of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbisvINoYp8
    Last edited by Ngroove; 03-16-2019 at 11:51 PM.

Yup thats how it be

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Lemme educate ya a little on some nineties, which I'm sure, along with Boyz II Men, Shanice, surely you know Johnny Gill?

Rich Nice - I first noticed his name when I read an article on "New Motown Revue" on Jheryl Busby's [[1988- 1992-ish) Motown, and Rich Nice was included on the acts. Although like most of the rest of the "New" Motowners was brief, his piece from it, "Outstanding", ran actually pretty cool and smooth, although much credit from it was built around the chorus of the Gap Band tune of the same name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbisvINoYp8
    I have heard of Johnny Gill, but don't know much about him [[other than he was in New Edition) or any of his songs. I'll have to give him a look.

I enjoyed Rich Nice's "Outstanding" though! It is similar to The Gap Band's original, although there's nothing wrong with that.

Dear jhonny, please come please come home