[REMOVE ADS]

London Lamont Dozier show now cancelled!

I've just had an email saying that the London Union Chapel show on February 15th by Lamont Dozier has now been cancelled, saying I will be refunded. Really, really sad news. Anyone have any news about what's going on?

https://www.unionchapel.org.uk/event...lamont-dozier/
    Apparently not for lack of ticket sales as venue was SOLD OUT. Health issues?

Oh dear, that's not good to hear.

It was health issues that caused the cancellation of the original concert dates last year. Maybe Lamont does still have problems, but we've not heard about them. Sounds a possibilty though. The key point is that this time it's a full refund, so for the moment at least he's not rescheduling. A real disappointment, because as far as I know the tour would have been his first ever appearance in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    I've just had an email saying that the London Union Chapel show on February 15th by Lamont Dozier has now been cancelled, saying I will be refunded. Really, really sad news. Anyone have any news about what's going on?
    The cancellation is down to ongoing health issues. We should respect Lamont's privacy at this time. I am sure more details will be released as and when it is deemed appropriate.

I rang the Manchester venue 2 days ago...I was told everything was ok...but now it seems not.
    No notice of refund yet

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    The cancellation is down to ongoing health issues. We should respect Lamont's privacy at this time. I am sure more details will be released as and when it is deemed appropriate.
    I'm sorry to hear that Lamont is still not well and certainly respect and understand any decision he makes as a result. Thanks for the news. It's a pity the promoter just sent a basic 'cancelled' message out without explaining just a little more.

Just had a reply from booking agency...they have had no information regarding cancellatipn from the venue as yet.

Confirmation received that Manchester show cancelled due to I'll health.

The Union Chapel website now says: 'Unfortunately Lamont Dozier has been advised by his medical team that he is unable to travel, and as a result his shows at Union Chapel have been cancelled. If you have a ticket you will be issued with a refund from your point of purchase. I’m sure you will join us in wishing Lamont the very best wishes'.

The Ents 24 ticket site has all venues in the tour as being cancelled.

Sad news. As Lamont postponed for the same reason last year, I hope his condition isn't too serious. While disappointing news for fans, it must be very concerning for Lamont himself. So far, no news or comment on his own website. Recover soon Lamont!