[REMOVE ADS]

Stephanie Mills vs Sam Smith

Mills is a wonderful talent, but ... I regret that she so frequently seems aggrieved. Doesn't an individual have the right to like or not like any particular singer? And just what does Mills mean by 'you people'? A truly regrettable phrase to use in our current political atmosphere. I don't care for MJ myself. Never did. Does that reduce me to 'you people'? Sorry, Stephanie. Not a wise statement. I've supported you since The Wiz on Bwy and your nightclub debut at The Grand Finale but ... 'you people' ? Not acceptable.

http://dlisted.com/2018/08/14/stepha...chael-jackson/
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 08-14-2018 at 07:55 PM.

Stephanie needs to pipe down. I saw this the other day and she comes off as an angry bitter black woman. It's disheartening to see such negativity come from such a great talent. We have a right to like or dislike whoever we want to. I hope Stephanie chills out.

Quote Originally Posted by glencro View Post
    Stephanie needs to pipe down. I saw this the other day and she comes off as an angry bitter black woman. It's disheartening to see such negativity come from such a great talent. We have a right to like or dislike whoever we want to. I hope Stephanie chills out.
    Right?? As I said I've been a SM fan for decades, and I regret saying this but here in the NY area she was rumored long ago [[I mean, LONG AGO) as being unreasonable. Will say she was lovely when I met her but that was during her Grand Finale years in the pre-hit 70s. I wish her happiness and success but for me 'you people' was a last straw.