[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Eddie, Berry and Diana

Just watched the whole Eddie Unsung episode. I didn’t know he felt Berry didn’t support him because of his affair with DR . His widow said it is very upsetting and the higher ups were not pleased that Diana broke a window. Did others know Eddie felt his career affected by this?

Here is comes. I have my popcorn ready. Get ready for the list of all of the bizarre and cruel things Diana did back in the day. I have my money placed on a certain person who is salivating, as we speak, at all of the juicy "inside information" he's going to share for the 85th time.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Here is comes. I have my popcorn ready. Get ready for the list of all of the bizarre and cruel things Diana did back in the day. I have my money placed on a certain person who is salivating, as we speak, at all of the juicy "inside information" he's going to share for the 85th time.
    But she’s having hits and on tour so it’s causing erections where none have happened for years

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Just watched the whole Eddie Unsung episode. I didn’t know he felt Berry didn’t support him because of his affair with DR . His widow said it is very upsetting and the higher ups were not pleased that Diana broke a window. Did others know Eddie felt his career affected by this?
    In your case a day without Diane Ross is a Day not lived.

Let Eddie Rest in Heaven.

Yes, there is a video interview with Eddie on Youtube where he talks about the cold shoulder Berry Gordy gave him throughout his career at Motown.

Diana Ross did not care that he was married and living with his wife. She wanted him! She went to their home and tried to break in to get at Eddie! LOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Diana Ross did not care that he was married and living with his wife. She wanted him! She went to their home and tried to break in to get at Eddie! LOL!!!!
    Thats a real funny story. Hehehehehe. I remember hearing that Mary Wilson used to sneak around the side streets of Beverly Hills waiting to meet Tom Jones until his wife Linda Jones threatened to kick her butt, but Mary didnt care cause she wanted Tom. After that Tom and Mary used to meet in motels.Those Supremes were something else back in the day. Hehehehe.

And I see the 7th graders are out in full force.

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    And I see the 7th graders are out in full force.
    Keep in mind that this was years before she became an alcoholic and drug addict. That is how she was..... Still it was unfair for Mr. Gordy to take it out on Eddie Kendricks. He was not the one doing the chasing.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-12-2018 at 12:19 AM.

Marv sometimes you just need to zip your lip. You are part of the problem.

This is how Eddie described his problems with Berry. Had nothing to do with Diana. That dude who was talking was just trying to start some mess. Even Eddie's ex-wife was like "I'm not even gonna discuss it, it's the past."

But here from CORN's mouth. Had nothing to do with Diana. Starts at 0:32.

Some of y'all are messy as Quincy lmao

Also, Unsung's a hot mess anyway since they didn't wanna book the Five Stairsteps due to them being told they didn't "have much drama"...

I like how folks go on about what happened in the '60s when Eddie didn't sign his name on his daughter's birth certificate until he was near death. That's more cold than anything that went on between Diana and Eddie.
    Last edited by midnightman; 02-11-2018 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    This is how Eddie described his problems with Berry. Had nothing to do with Diana. That dude who was talking was just trying to start some mess. Even Eddie's ex-wife was like "I'm not even gonna discuss it, it's the past."

Also, Unsung's a hot mess anyway since they didn't wanna book the Five Stairsteps due to them being told they didn't "have much drama"...

I like how folks go on about what happened in the '60s when Eddie didn't sign his name on his daughter's birth certificate until he was near death. That's more cold than anything that went on between Diana and Eddie.
    Nah, you're not reading it right or rather listening to it correctly LOL! Eddie, being the eternal gentleman does not flat out say it was because Diane was chasing him that Berry Gordy did not like him. Eddie's daughter told the whole truth about it on Unsung! Even his ex-wife did not want to come right out and say things because it was very embarrassing for Miss Ross. Eddie evidently excited Diane and she just could not get over it! LOL!!!! oh LOL!!! He was so cool. BTW, Eddie's son Paul is my nephew's best buddy.
    Last edited by marv2; 02-12-2018 at 12:21 AM.

You heard Eddie say right in the video that you posted [[which by the way there is a much longer version of interview out there....) "he didn't particularly care for me. I guess he had his REASONS....". What was he suppose say. Berry Gordy didn't like me because Diane Ross was chasing my jock? LOL! His daughter told it in the "Unsung" program and I guarantee you that he, Eddie is the one that told his daughter!

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Marv sometimes you just need to zip your lip. You are part of the problem.
    I'm going to be a bigger part of the problem if it means having to lie, cause I ain't. So close your eyes........hehehehehehe! The only time there is a "problem" here is when anyone and I do mean anyone says anything that is not purely flattering or praising Diana Ross. There is a thread about Quincy Jones, Marvin Gaye, Marlon Brando etc here and it is not a problem gossiping about them, huh? Diana Ross was chasing Eddie Kendricks and he was not interested. That did not matter to her LOL!!!!
    Last edited by marv2; 02-12-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Great thread Luke! I'm outta here.......!

Truth be told by the last remaining Temptation Otis Williams, Kendricks romantically pursued Diana Ross, and according to Mary Wilson it was she and Eddie that had a "fling". Now as far as Mr. Gordy the issue according to Eddie was that Mr. Gordy did not like him because he was too Outspoken. It would seem to me that he had that same problem with Flo. Long time ago Motown Love stories.

David Ruffin too. In fact, he was the first artist [[after Mary Wells) to sue Motown claiming he was not given what he deserved.

The beef many artists had with Berry had more to do with how their contracts were produced than any hanky panky going on. And everyone who was everyone at Motown had some physical contact in one form or another.

I know the truth. Had nothing to do with one artist or anything. This is why Motown gossip always goes backwards here.

I'm mad at myself for walking into this thread knowing damn well that it was going to consist of some bullshit. Luke be honest: you started this thread to give Marv a chance to let loose, didn't ya? And of course Marv burst through like the Kool Aid man; couldn't wait to give his take on a "What Diana Ross Did 50 Years Ago" story. Silly rabbit. And Midnight, did you notice how he went on and on about what Diana Ross supposedly did but skipped right over the part where you bring up Eddie and the child issue? That's the crazy that I was referring to in the other thread.

I would love to be a fly on the wall if there was ever a moment where Marv and Diana Ross come face to face. Let me see the raised hands of those who believe Marv would talk shit to her face...

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I'm mad at myself for walking into this thread knowing damn well that it was going to consist of some bullshit. Luke be honest: you started this thread to give Marv a chance to let loose, didn't ya? And of course Marv burst through like the Kool Aid man; couldn't wait to give his take on a "What Diana Ross Did 50 Years Ago" story. Silly rabbit. And Midnight, did you notice how he went on and on about what Diana Ross supposedly did but skipped right over the part where you bring up Eddie and the child issue? That's the crazy that I was referring to in the other thread.

I would love to be a fly on the wall if there was ever a moment where Marv and Diana Ross come face to face. Let me see the raised hands of those who believe Marv would talk shit to her face...
    Yeah. That's why I avoid replying directly. It's like talking to a brick wall. LOL

See! 2 erections! And it’s been years

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Thats a real funny story. Hehehehehe. I remember hearing that Mary Wilson used to sneak around the side streets of Beverly Hills waiting to meet Tom Jones until his wife Linda Jones threatened to kick her butt, but Mary didnt care cause she wanted Tom. After that Tom and Mary used to meet in motels.Those Supremes were something else back in the day. Hehehehe.
    I'm not sure this story is verifiable. Wilson had/has no name recognition so Mrs. Jones most likely thought she was just another of the thousands of random groupies that threw themselves at TJ.

If a tally were kept on who diddled whom at Hitsville between 1960 and 1980, it would probably require several reams of legal-sized paper. Gordy wanted to keep illicit couplings [[and thus possible public scandals) inside the "corral" at it were — probably because gossip might be easier to monitor and control that way. He got very upset about Mary and Tom Jones, not so much because it was happening but because she was venturing outside the confines of the company. Reportedly, he made a very crude remark, which I won't repeat verbatim, to the effect that she could certainly have found what she wanted at Motown. I also remember reading that he got angry at Betty Kelley because she was dating a member of Little Anthony & The Imperials rather than someone at Hitsville.

Perhaps Betty was "on the outside lookin' in"...

Well at least the friction between Eddie Kendricks & Berry Gordy didn't affect Eddie's ability to score a string of major hits during the early '70s. And according to Eddie's Unsung episode; when he was jailed for failure to pay child support to his ex-wife, it was BG bailed him out.

if all the above was happening in the 'who's banging who' world of 2018,all the stars mentioned above would be even bigger stars than they were at the time.. the public LIVES for this stuff!! Miss Ross= Liz Taylor! you GO, gurl!

all the pretentious "Judge Mental!!"stuff makes me laugh out loud! it wasn't a nunnery: it was MOTOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Well at least the friction between Eddie Kendricks & Berry Gordy didn't affect Eddie's ability to score a string of major hits during the early '70s. And according to Eddie's Unsung episode; when he was jailed for failure to pay child support to his ex-wife, it was BG bailed him out.
    "You got yourself in trouble again, huh, boy?" - Berry Gordy to Eddie lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    if all the above was happening in the 'who's banging who' world of 2018,all the stars mentioned above would be even bigger stars than they were at the time.. the public LIVES for this stuff!! Miss Ross= Liz Taylor! you GO, gurl!
    Man, if Motown was happening in 2018... not only would all of them get headlines for being MESSY but... I can imagine Marvin's Twitter and IG lmao can you imagine Mary getting into it with Martha?

Rumors of this and that... lol people take for granted how tight a ship Motown REALLY was... all this stuff was revealed before there were such a thing as GOSSIP COLUMNS. Hell, Motown gossip help to MAKE the gossip column what it is today lmao

So people thinking it was one person causing all of this is tripping... as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    If a tally were kept on who diddled whom at Hitsville between 1960 and 1980, it would probably require several reams of legal-sized paper. Gordy wanted to keep illicit couplings [[and thus possible public scandals) inside the "corral" at it were — probably because gossip might be easier to monitor and control that way. He got very upset about Mary and Tom Jones, not so much because it was happening but because she was venturing outside the confines of the company. Reportedly, he made a very crude remark, which I won't repeat verbatim, to the effect that she could certainly have found what she wanted at Motown. I also remember reading that he got angry at Betty Kelley because she was dating a member of Little Anthony & The Imperials rather than someone at Hitsville.
    Well, Gordy may have been overlooking Wilson's looking for a white guy. Also she may have already run through the M'twn stable by that point, or just been unable to find anyone else there interested.

“BTW, Eddie's son Paul is my nephew's best buddy,”

My 3rd-cousin’s coworker’s neighbor was the friend of Diana’s elementary classmate’s former step-mother.
    Last edited by Circa 1824; 02-12-2018 at 03:34 PM.

And Lord God, one was named Luke I’m sure

Quote Originally Posted by motown eddie View Post
    well at least the friction between eddie kendricks & berry gordy didn't affect eddie's ability to score a string of major hits during the early '70s. And according to eddie's unsung episode; when he was jailed for failure to pay child support to his ex-wife, it was bg bailed him out.
    thank you motown eddie,i was about to mention that very point,also mary herself states that although she was attracted to eddie,nothing happened,and one more small thing folks,if there was any[hanky panky]going on between-eddie-diana-mary-eddie..please remember that eddie was in the[primes]diana-mary were[primettes]long before they worked for berry,so if anything it would've happened back then,eddie forever!!

If Eddie was attracted to Diana, does that mean the people who like[[d) Eddie and do not like Diana now do not like Eddie because he [[Eddie) liked Diana? Or, perhaps, those same people [[who do/did not like Diana) but like Eddie now, instead, like Diana because Eddie liked Diana? Of course it makes sense that for those of us who like Diana AND Eddie now like Diana and Eddie even more, knowing they liked each other. And since Eddie [[apparently) chose Diana over other Supremes, does it mean that those who previously liked other Supremes more than they liked Diana now like those Supremes less since Eddie also liked them [[afore-mentioned other Supremes) less? THESE are the issues we must ponder, not the nonsense about music that sometimes ends up on this forum.

Great thread Luke! I'm outta here.......!
    by outta here you mean outta the forum forever?

A gal can dream cant she. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    by outta here you mean outta the forum forever?
    No, he meant "Thanks Luke for the assist. Our plan worked great! You creating the thread as though you're ignorant to the subject left me open to come in and talk shit, while also leaving me to claim that I don't start threads about Diana Ross. And now that I've whipped everyone into a frenzy, I can sit back and read all their comments while pretending I've left the building."

I'm going to have to stop coming to Soulful D so often if I'm beginning to understand the crazies around here.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    No, he meant "Thanks Luke for the assist. Our plan worked great! .

Well, you have to admit it's not that hard to trigger the wrath from a certain flurry of snowflakes who eagerly wait here for an offender so they can become indignant and go into attack mode !!!
    It's all so predictable , right down to the responses of each !! lol!!

But back to the topic of the thread:

Didn't know there was even a hint of a possible "love" connection between Eddie Kendricks and Diana Ross!

marv2:

And I certainly did not know this ! What year approximately?

And a broken window!!?

gonna kiss and hug ya baby
    whoa ooo ooo ooo ooo

boogie down!!
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-13-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Haha no one was triggered.

If that was the case, posts on this thread would be angrier than they are.

Very true. The topic is so idiotic that pretty much all of us have posted with unattached humor. Who really cares to read about Tom Jones and his groupies again?

Well I did say I was mad at myself for coming into the thread, although I should have said I was mad at myself for reading past the first post. I came into the thread thinking the Eddie in question was Eddie Holland. Thought the three of them might have been seen somewhere and a pic was posted. Should have run out of the thread when I realized it was 50 year old gossip but instead I had to be nosy. So I was angry at myself...triggered by my own stupidity. Perhaps that's what the person is referring to? Oh well, who cares.

It's okay, RanRan.

Luke just made the post because Eddie's Unsung came on Sunday, that's all.

It's okay, RanRan.

Luke just made the post because Eddie's Unsung came on Sunday, that's all.
    Yes, that is why Luke made the post. It's all good. Poking fun at Luke and Marv is sometimes the only fun to be had around here.

I think it’s fitting to end this post making the point that Tom Jones was apparently large even though he was not a tall man

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I think it’s fitting to end this post making the point that Tom Jones was apparently large even though he was not a tall man
    That is a lie according to someone I know........LOL!!!!!

Someone you know? Uh huh ... I had no idea Tom Jones swung both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I'm glad this important and dignified thread has inspired such upstanding posts.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny_raven View Post
    Someone you know? Uh huh ... I had no idea Tom Jones swung both ways.
    Sure did! Uptempo AND ballads.

Right......youve given more "alternative facts" over the years than Kellyanne Conway.