[REMOVE ADS]

Help finding unreleased and hard to find Ross and Supremes

I saw a link on here a few weeks back for a CD of "Diana Ross' Lost And Found / Soul Kiss" and some other rare items. I tried ordering these through Ebay but they had been removed. The seller sent me a message through Ebay and told me to send him my email address, also through Ebay, but Ebay blocked my attempts to do so. Can anyone help get me in touch with that seller?

Also, does anyone have a good quality audio recording of Diana Ross and The Supremes' "Return To Love" concert that he or she is willing to share?

A private message would be nice: mistercarter2u@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance if anyone can help out.

Hi , I sent you a PM with the seller's info.

I know I'd love to get my hands on that Diana Ross Lost and Found set.

I am also interested in the sets, but they are no longer offered on eBay.

The seller's name is Ben. He's from Germany. His email address is:

divarareties@gmx.de

I've been very happy with the albums I purchased from him and am going to buy more.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
    The seller's name is Ben. He's from Germany. His email address is:

divarareties@gmx.de

I've been very happy with the albums I purchased from him and am going to buy more.
    I am too. He has new ones that just came out.

@vgalindo, which is the favorite of what you purchased from him? I haven't played the Lost & Found that much yet, but I like it a lot. I absolutely love the Baby It's Me expanded set. That one is fabulous.

@vgalindo, which is the favorite of what you purchased from him? I haven't played the Lost & Found that much yet, but I like it a lot. I absolutely love the Baby It's Me expanded set. That one is fabulous.
    I love the "Lost Sessions". And you are right. BIM is absolutely fabulous. I bought it just for the packaging because I already had the download from I tunes. I love all 4 that I bought.

Got a response back that the DR Lost and Found is sold out. Dammit. Oh well.

The Supremes Sing Ballads And Blues is amazing...i love these releases...the attention to detail is second to none...wish i had the talent to make covers like these for all the "Motown Unreleased" cds that ive downloaded and burnt to cd...it would make the collection look amazing..well done that man.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    The Supremes Sing Ballads And Blues is amazing...i love these releases...the attention to detail is second to none...wish i had the talent to make covers like these for all the "Motown Unreleased" cds that ive downloaded and burnt to cd...it would make the collection look amazing..well done that man.
    I've purchased several of his collections as well, and I've been happy with each package. Mowsville, I'm curious - what was the track list of the Sings Ballads And Blues collection? I guess I missed this one...

Johnnyb im at work at the moment but will post tracklisting when I get home tomorrow...its one of his new releases so its still available along with "Sing Country Western & Pop" mono/stereo + 2 bonus trks..plus a few others

I am assuming the Country & Western cd with the mono version of the album being ripped from vinyl?

I'm thinking not. I've actually created my own "expanded" Country Western & Pop with the alternate versions from that Motown Unreleased 1963 set. From what I remember, the CD version of the album that came out in the 1990s was in mono, and the more recent iTunes version of it was in stereo.

As for the other stuff, I really like the look of the album cover for "Ballads And Blues", but I don't need to buy it as I already have all the tracks listed [[bar the mono mix of My Imagination), I can probably fiddle with my iTunes tracks to create it if I wanted to.

It's wonderful he's putting such attention to detail in these releases. I'm definitely planning to purchase several of those, though I'll happily purchase the official releases down the line, if they're ever released. At the moment, these bootlegs will certainly suffice.

I received my 'Baby It's Me' set yesterday and it is, indeed, SUPERB! The bonus cuts are terrific and the sound is great; the packaging / graphics are Hip-o worthy and I love the extra Skrebneski photos from the session. A great release all-around.

Indeed Country, Western & Pop cd from '94 is in Mono. Apparently Sam Cooke cd was in mono as well. Does anyone know if the Liverpool cd from the early 90s was in mono too? As far as the mp3 versions on iTunes and Amazon can Andy, George or Harry confirm that those are in stereo? I may have to download them now....lol

The CD of "Sam Cooke" and "Liverpool" I have are both in Stereo.
    As far as I know only the "Western, Country & Pop" CD was in Mono.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbfly View Post
    The CD of "Sam Cooke" and "Liverpool" I have are both in Stereo.
    As far as I know only the "Western, Country & Pop" CD was in Mono.
    I don't have the Sam Cooke, but I agree the "Liverpool" is Stereo, but pretty poorly mastered. The vocals seem to mostly be channeled to one side and most of the instrumentation on the other. I like the album more than I used to; I think with a good remastering it might actually make it a very good listening experience.

I sent an email but got no response as of yet.

Strange the Sam Cooke cd doesnt say Stereo at the top like the other Supremes cd. Guess they didnt want to put too much into the release
    ..lol

I don't have the Sam Cooke, but I agree the "Liverpool" is Stereo, but pretty poorly mastered. The vocals seem to mostly be channeled to one side and most of the instrumentation on the other. I like the album more than I used to; I think with a good remastering it might actually make it a very good listening experience.
    I have "Liverpool" in a 2-fer set that came out in the early 2000s. If I recall, the other album included was TCB [[it was a very odd pairing). And it sounds the exact same way, very shoddy stereo with vocals on one side [[I've never understood stereo mixes that do that, it's annoying as hell listening through headphones). I made my own mono mixes by just combining the channels, and I think it sounds a lot better that way. That album can definitely do with a more pleasing and balanced stereo remix.

Quote Originally Posted by DJMoch View Post
    I have "Liverpool" in a 2-fer set that came out in the early 2000s. If I recall, the other album included was TCB [[it was a very odd pairing). And it sounds the exact same way, very shoddy stereo with vocals on one side [[I've never understood stereo mixes that do that, it's annoying as hell listening through headphones). I made my own mono mixes by just combining the channels, and I think it sounds a lot better that way. That album can definitely do with a more pleasing and balanced stereo remix.
    Yes, that's the one I have. I agree, a very odd pairing. I think in the early days of stereo it was such a novelty that they would channel the voices on one side like that. But you'd think by the time these came out on CD Motown might have done a better job at least at the pairing on the 2-fers. Put Liverpool with C&W or Sam Cooke or Rodgers & Hart or something. Some of these definitely seemed like rush jobs just to cash in as usual.

Does anyone knows if the "Liverpool" and "Sam Cooke" LP that was released on iTunes a few years back is a new remastered one or did they use the same Stereo tracks as on they used on the CDS???

Quote Originally Posted by mrbfly View Post
    Does anyone knows if the "Liverpool" and "Sam Cooke" LP that was released on iTunes a few years back is a new remastered one or did they use the same Stereo tracks as on they used on the CDS???
    I always wondered the same thing about all of the albums that say "Remastered for iTunes." What kind of remastering was done? Andy??????

But you'd think by the time these came out on CD Motown might have done a better job at least at the pairing on the 2-fers. Put Liverpool with C&W or Sam Cooke or Rodgers & Hart or something. Some of these definitely seemed like rush jobs just to cash in as usual.
    While they were doing the 2fers, I always thought TCB should have been released with GIT, and LIVERPOOL with WE REMEMBER SAM COOKE, etc. But I think George Solomon posted that some of these odd pairings came about because he wanted to get certain albums on cd while he had the chance.

I will say that it was nice that when the LIVERPOOL/TCB 2fer was re-released, it contained the entire TCB album, unlike the earlier release which edited the title songs, and some dialogue/applause.

When I used to record all my vinyl onto cassette, prior to CDs, I would pair albums with more thought and planning. I remember pairing Gaye's "Hello Broadway" with "Tribute to Nat King Cole," for example. They played great together. I put all 3 of the Supremes' concept albums [[Liverpool, C&W, Cooke) onto one cassette, and it's fun to listen to them together. I would often pair live albums from different points in a group's career, as long as the repertoire was different from one LP to the other. In the case of the Temps, they had several live albums, so this was easy. If the artist had only one live album [[such as the Vandellas and the Marvelettes) I would pair it with the group's Greatest Hits album on the other side.

A Bit Of Liverpool was the only other Supremes album that fit because TCB was long. It was also a long shot that Liverpool would ever come out. At The Copa was already mastered coupled with We Remember Sam Cooke but it never came out. I don't remember why but it was finished and the artwork was done. We talked about Meet The Supremes with Country Western. I didn't have much to do with these but they'd ask my opinion. If I recall it was a choice of just doing TCB alone or putting whatever fit along with it. Given the choice I preferred to have Liverpool on there than not at all. But it probably was the oddest pairing of them all! I wasn't happy about A Go Go coupled with Love Child either ...

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    A Bit Of Liverpool was the only other Supremes album that fit because TCB was long. It was also a long shot that Liverpool would ever come out. At The Copa was already mastered coupled with We Remember Sam Cooke but it never came out. I don't remember why but it was finished and the artwork was done. We talked about Meet The Supremes with Country Western. I didn't have much to do with these but they'd ask my opinion. If I recall it was a choice of just doing TCB alone or putting whatever fit along with it. Given the choice I preferred to have Liverpool on there than not at all. But it probably was the oddest pairing of them all! I wasn't happy about A Go Go coupled with Love Child either ...
    Well, there is an explanation that makes sense, and which would have never occurred to me, and one with which I heartily agree.

Thanks George Solomon!

Quote Originally Posted by George Solomon View Post
    wasn't happy about A Go Go coupled with Love Child either ...
    Especially since it was Love Child and THEN A Go-Go

yes ,some strange 2 fers but was glad to have them at the time

As I am writing this, I am listening to The Supremes Sing Ballads and Blues Expanded Edition CD that I ordered from Europe and I'm falling in love with the women's amazing harmony all over again!

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Has anybody heard about any additional releases from this vendor Intelsat 3-4 weeks? Thanks.
    I got the Diana Ross live at the Grove. He also had Martha Reeves and the Vandellas Black Magic Expanded and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Has anybody heard about any additional releases from this vendor in the last 3-4 weeks? Thanks.
    The Vandellas all have expanded editions coming out. So far Natural Resources and Black Magic have been released. The Vandellas sets [[so far anyway) even come with booklets!

He also did the Mary Wilson album recently with the additional tracks she recorded around the same time, and a few remixes of Red Hot.

A 2-CD edition of Rodgers and Hart also came out lately. Disk 1 has the Mono/Stereo versions of the original LP. Disk 2 has the additional 13 tracks which were unreleased for a long time, and some live medleys from a TV special.

I think the Supremes Christmas album is next, followed by Disney.

I really love what he did with the C&W and Sam Cooke and am loving having those on CD.
    Last edited by kenneth; 09-10-2017 at 01:43 PM.

Is there a link or website that shows these other cds? Would like to take a look.

@aarondillon2011, I don't think so. But his email is in the thread above and you can get in touch with him.

I have bought all the Diana Ross related CDs from this seller and they are absolutely wonderful! He now has the full unreleased Disney album available.
    Last edited by djessie; 09-11-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    I have bought all the Diana Ross related CDs from this seller and they are absolutely wonderful! He now has the full unreleased Disney album available.
    So have I. Agree they are wonderful. I just bought the Disney album and can't wait to get it.

The Martha/Vandellas expandeds are killer.

Supremes Sing Ballads and Blues

Tracklist

1 Mr. Blues
    2 My Heart Can't Take It No More
    3 Come On Boy
    4 My Imagination
    5 I Idolize You
    6 Lazy Bones [[Early Mix)
    7 After All
    8 You're Gonna Come To Me [[Version 3)
    9 The Tears
    10 You Didn't Care [[Early Mix)
    11 Funny How Time Slips Away [[Early Mix)
    12 Heavenly Father
    13 Hey Baby [[Version 4)
    14 Save Me A Star
    15 Beginning To The Ending
    16 Come On Boy [[Stereo Mix)
    17 My Imagination [[Stereo Mix)
    18 The Tears [[Stereo Mix)
    19 Heavenly Father [[Stereo Mix)
    20 After All [[Stereo Mix)
    21 Save Me A Star [[Stereo Mix)

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    Where is he advertising his cd's for sale these days ?

Quote Originally Posted by greg jones View Post
    Where is he advertising his cd's for sale these days ?
    I don't know. I get an email from him when he has new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveSupreme View Post
    Supremes Sing Ballads and Blues

Tracklist

1 Mr. Blues
    2 My Heart Can't Take It No More
    3 Come On Boy
    4 My Imagination
    5 I Idolize You
    6 Lazy Bones [[Early Mix)
    7 After All
    8 You're Gonna Come To Me [[Version 3)
    9 The Tears
    10 You Didn't Care [[Early Mix)
    11 Funny How Time Slips Away [[Early Mix)
    12 Heavenly Father
    13 Hey Baby [[Version 4)
    14 Save Me A Star
    15 Beginning To The Ending
    16 Come On Boy [[Stereo Mix)
    17 My Imagination [[Stereo Mix)
    18 The Tears [[Stereo Mix)
    19 Heavenly Father [[Stereo Mix)
    20 After All [[Stereo Mix)
    21 Save Me A Star [[Stereo Mix)
    Are any of these versions unavailable elsewhere? If yes, then I’m very curious as to where he is getting these.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Are any of these versions unavailable elsewhere? If yes, then I’m very curious as to where he is getting these.
    I really don't know but I am really excited about the Disney album because it includes the 3 songs that were never released. And I have never heard them before.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    I really don't know but I am really excited about the Disney album because it includes the 3 songs that were never released. And I have never heard them before.
    So that answers my question. If he/she has songs never released, they must be from other bootlegs. I doubt these are trickling out through authorized channels.