[REMOVE ADS]

Mary Wilson | American Black Journal... The Entire Interview!

This was such a fun day!

This interview should give you guys enough to argue about for the rest of this summer and into the fall! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    This interview should give you guys enough to argue about for the rest of this summer and into the fall! LOL!
    Lol Right! Most of y'all argue about any and everything concerning the Supremes anyway, so why should this interview be any different?

First of all, I enjoyed seeing this fresh Ed Gordon. I've been a fan of his interview style since the 90s and it's great to see that even being this "green" in his career, his confidence and slick humor were always a part of the way he approached most people he interviewed.

Other than that, the interview was pretty much the same ole same ole we get every time Mary gets interviewed, although the questions are a bit more National Enquirer in this vid than most of the ones in recent years, probably due to the close proximity of Mary's first book's release. Ed hit the nail on the head though with the comment about Mary telling everybody how much she hates Diana Ross. 95 percent of the people who tuned in were hoping to hear her say that. Then as today people salivate at negativity. I could almost hear the thousands groaning at the same time when she said she doesn't hate Diana Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Lol Right! Most of y'all argue about any and everything concerning the Supremes anyway, so why should this interview be any different?

First of all, I enjoyed seeing this fresh Ed Gordon. I've been a fan of his interview style since the 90s and it's great to see that even being this "green" in his career, his confidence and slick humor were always a part of the way he approached most people he interviewed.

Other than that, the interview was pretty much the same ole same ole we get every time Mary gets interviewed, although the questions are a bit more National Enquirer in this vid than most of the ones in recent years, probably due to the close proximity of Mary's first book's release. Ed hit the nail on the head though with the comment about Mary telling everybody how much she hates Diana Ross. 95 percent of the people who tuned in were hoping to hear her say that. Then as today people salivate at negativity. I could almost hear the thousands groaning at the same time when she said she doesn't hate Diana Ross.
    Umm, let me see. They'll argue because Mary said something? LOL!!!!

Ed Gordon was one of our local news guys, along with Lloyd Gite. We were all happy and proud when he made it and went to national television. He's a good guy. Some Detroit news people were a bit abrasive [[Bill Bonds RIP), not Ed, he was always a gentleman with good humor.

I always ask people to show me in print or on video where Mary Wilson says she hates Diana Ross. Now, Cindy Birdsong actually said "I hate Diane" according to J. Randy Taraborelli, but for some reason Ross fans like to pin that on Mary. I think, knowing what most people now know, it would not be surprising if Mary Wilson hated Ross' guts because that would be the normal human reaction to years of bullshit.

Well said Marv. Miss Ross should be very grateful for Mary’s graciousness and fairness. I didn’t find this same old at all. The interviewer was direct and Mary was as articulate as always. No matter how people may try they can’t get venom out of Mary!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Well said Marv. Miss Ross should be very grateful for Mary’s graciousness and fairness. I didn’t find this same old at all. The interviewer was direct and Mary was as articulate as always. No matter how people may try they can’t get venom out of Mary!
    If you pay REAL close attention, you'll see Ed does try to get a little venom out of Mary. Ed was a Detroiter and like most have a "thing" about Miss Ross. Ed had to go home from work and face his neighbors,etc. You heard what one of the callers said.

Umm, let me see. They'll argue because Mary said something? LOL!!!!
    They sure do, but you also do the same when it comes to Diana. It's always tit for tat with a group of y'all, pointing the finger at the other saying "he/she started it". It's a vicious cycle but I'm guessing it's too much fun for y'all to end it now. [[I'm hearing Smokey singing "We've Come Too Far to End It Now"...must be the Diana Fans vs Mary Fans theme song.)

Ed Gordon was one of our local news guys, along with Lloyd Gite. We were all happy and proud when he made it and went to national television. He's a good guy. Some Detroit news people were a bit abrasive [[Bill Bonds RIP), not Ed, he was always a gentleman with good humor.
    Yeah, I see that's been his style forever. He did get in Omarosa's ass though a couple years ago. Lol I love Ed but I wish he had kept his cool. But she clearly pressed his button HARD because he's never that unprofessional. I'm glad she's disappeared from the public...for now...after selling us out for a seat on "the Trump train".

Yeah, I see that's been his style forever. He did get in Omarosa's ass though a couple years ago. Lol I love Ed but I wish he had kept his cool. But she clearly pressed his button HARD because he's never that unprofessional. I'm glad she's disappeared from the public...for now...after selling us out for a seat on "the Trump train".
    I remember he got in Omarosa's ass at that conference. Like I said, Ed is a Detroiter. We can be civil, but are less tolerant of BS than perhaps some others from other places. You probably don't remember former Detroit Mayor Coleman A. Young? A lot of us [[including Ed, LOL) grew up during his time as Mayor of Detroit. He had to be bleeped many times on the local news.

They sure do, but you also do the same when it comes to Diana. It's always tit for tat with a group of y'all, pointing the finger at the other saying "he/she started it". It's a vicious cycle but I'm guessing it's too much fun for y'all to end it now. [[I'm hearing Smokey singing "We've Come Too Far to End It Now"...must be the Diana Fans vs Mary Fans theme song.)
    What I do is tell the truth about Diane, warts and all. If some cannot take it or don't want to take it, oh well.......I don't lie about her.

I always ask people to show me in print or on video where Mary Wilson says she hates Diana Ross. Now, Cindy Birdsong actually said "I hate Diane" according to J. Randy Taraborelli, but for some reason Ross fans like to pin that on Mary. I think, knowing what most people now know, it would not be surprising if Mary Wilson hated Ross' guts because that would be the normal human reaction to years of bullshit.
    Mary always says she loves Diana. You'll never find her words in print or audio where she says anything close to hating Diana. Maybe she does love her. Maybe her public professions of love for Diana are for show and behind the scenes it's something else. Diana always says she loves Mary too. But they have years of bullshit between them on both sides. Diana has wisely chosen to keep her distance. Mary is always popping up every six months telling the world that she wants to reach out to Diana. Personally I chalk that up to Mary's issues with abandonment stemming from her childhood, this need to be "close" to someone she feels left her behind. I would love for the two of them to sit down behind closed doors and hash things out since they are two people responsible for my favorite group in the history of music, but I get why they won't. Sometimes you have to be mature enough to leave some things and some people in your rear view mirror. When it comes to the Supremes there are all kinds of sides to the story. IMO Florence had the most balanced view. She told it like it was. She wasn't perfect, Diana wasn't perfect, and Mary wasn't perfect. There's enough blame for how this thing crashed and burned to go around.

As for Cindy, yeah she's quoted as saying she hated Diana. Of course we know for Cindy that "hatred" didn't last long. She, like Mary, didn't hesitate to ask Diana for financial help while in need. You don't go to people you hate or consider an enemy and ask for money. For Diana's so called nastiness, Mary and Cindy apparently knew that she wouldn't be nasty when it counted. That's good to know.

Of course none of this explains why various fans of Mary Wilson and Diana Ross hate the guts of these former Supremes. It's such a weird phenomenon. I'd like to see the mental health community study this effect and see what conclusions they reach such as if all of these people have a certain kind of childhood in common, or maybe some weird brain development.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    You've never heard Mary answer these same questions before? Must not see many of her interviews. Diana never insults Mary in public. I would say after everything more recent than anything that happened while they were Supremes, Mary too should be thankful for Diana's graciousness. I love that whatever is really lurking in their hearts, they keep to themselves.

What I do is tell the truth about Diane, warts and all. If some cannot take it or don't want to take it, oh well.......I don't lie about her.
    Now did you type that with a straight face? That's the same line the other side gives: they're just telling the truth about Mary. None of y'all know the truth. Y'all only know what you've been told, what you've read, and what you believe in your head. But set aside the moments where you just "tell the truth", you also take digs at Diana just like they take digs at Mary. Announcement that Diana is planning on releasing a new album, there you are in the thread with negativity. Mary doing anything, and there come the usual suspects into the thread with negativity. Now that's truth. Most, if not all, of y'all are old enough to be someone's grandparent. It's childish. But will y'all ever cut it out? "We've come too far too end it now..."

Now did you type that with a straight face? That's the same line the other side gives: they're just telling the truth about Mary. None of y'all know the truth. Y'all only know what you've been told, what you've read, and what you believe in your head. But set aside the moments where you just "tell the truth", you also take digs at Diana just like they take digs at Mary. Announcement that Diana is planning on releasing a new album, there you are in the thread with negativity. Mary doing anything, and there come the usual suspects into the thread with negativity. Now that's truth. Most, if not all, of y'all are old enough to be someone's grandparent. It's childish. But will y'all ever cut it out? "We've come too far too end it now..."
    Somewhere someone else suggested this meta is the fuel that keeps the forum alive. I'm beginning to believe this is the case. I've stopped engaging it since its annoying as hell. If that is what is needed to keep things alive, its not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    Somewhere someone else suggested this meta is the fuel that keeps the forum alive. I'm beginning to believe this is the case. I've stopped engaging it since its annoying as hell. If that is what is needed to keep things alive, its not worth it.
    It was not always like this. This began to happen when a few hardcore Diana Ross fans came here from the old Yahoo Groups and hooked up with folks like Jobeterob that throw stones and then hides his hands. Pay attention to his snobbish comments about Mary Wilson and all other Motown artists except Diana Ross. This is what keeps this stuff going. The ones that came here from the Yahoo Groups had/have a mission to destroy this forum. It hasn't happened and that is what frustrates them. I have a long list of the ones Ralph has had to ban over years when their destruction frustration would get the best of them and disrupt the forum.

They started it! hehehehehehe! I have held back with a huge amount of things I could have said over the years...trust me!
    Last edited by marv2; 06-18-2019 at 11:45 PM.

It's still worth it, thanxal. "Hang On In There, Baby". Johnny Bristol in the house today.
    RanRan preachin' this morning!:
    Most, if not all, of y'all are old enough to be someone's grandparent. It's childish. But will y'all ever cut it out? "We've come too far too end it now..."
    Lol.
    Johnny's "We've Come Too Far..." will not be the same again to me!
    Thanks, RanRan.
    It was a great way to start this gray June Gloomy morning.
    [[I will still keep faith in another Johnny song: "Someday We'll Be Together". But I resent the grandparent reference.)
    Last edited by lucky2012; 06-18-2019 at 10:35 AM.

They started it! hehehehehehe! I have held back and huge amount of things I could have said over the years...trust me!
    You havent held back diddly squat marv2 and your credibilitty is totally shot around here........trust me.

Preach RanRan79 Preach.

I am someone's grandparent and we play all the time!

...... I have a long list of the ones Ralph has had to ban over years when their destruction frustration would get the best of them and disrupt the forum.
    And you were one of quite a few who were banned quite a few years ago. But somehow [[????) you got Ralph to let you come back and Marv became Marv2.

And if Mary were to announce that she would soon be releasing a new coffee table book, or if Diana were to announce that she would soon be releasing a new CD, unlike you, none of us would have the indecency to say

She's almost 80 years old. It couldn't be too soon.......hehehehehehehehehe! LOL!!!

Hey, Supremes, what you think of this thread?

D: "Eh, same ole same ole. "

M: "If these fools will stop bickering over us, that'll be cool..."

F: "The host is cute."
    Last edited by midnightman; 06-19-2019 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    I am someone's grandparent and we play all the time!
    I am someone's great grandparent and we play all the time!

And there’s one person on here who doesn’t know play, love and joy at all / sadly

Very lucky for you, your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren ! Very good response

Ah RanRan, I sure am glad you reconsidered your choice to block and ignore...

And there’s one person on here who doesn’t know play, love and joy at all / sadly

Very lucky for you, your children, grandchildren and great grandchildren ! Very good response
    Indeed there is, and we all know who that is. Perhaps the very fact that he has missed out on all this love is a major factor behind his anger and bitterness. Loneliness can be a terrible burden to carry. It is very very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    Indeed there is, and we all know who that is. Perhaps the very fact that he has missed out on all this love is a major factor behind his anger and bitterness. Loneliness can be a terrible burden to carry. It is very very sad.
    An angry and lonely and pathetic and sad and real bitter unhappy man whos still real upset that Diana Ross security team had him kicked out of a concert in Denver in 1984 after asking him nummerous times to stop taking flash photos. His obsession with Diana Ross is sick and real unhealthy. Hes just pitiful and should be pitied.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    An angry and lonely and pathetic and sad and real bitter unhappy man whos still real upset that Diana Ross security team had him kicked out of a concert in Denver in 1984 after asking him nummerous times to stop taking flash photos. His obsession with Diana Ross is sick and real unhealthy. Hes just pitiful and should be pitied.
    Agreed, but it is difficult for me to pity someone who has uttered the endless stream of vile vindictiveness towards someone he has never even met.

I recall you pointing this out before. And in the wake of a negative response by the forum leader to something I said, I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Hey, Supremes, what you think of this thread?

D: "Eh, same ole same ole. "

M: "If these fools will stop bickering over us, that'll be cool..."

F: "The host is cute."
    Love it Midnight!!

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Ah RanRan, I sure am glad you reconsidered your choice to block and ignore...
    I took a few people off ignore a little while ago. Was in the mood to test myself. As you can see, test a HUGE failure. Well not a huge failure, since I didn't get into a nasty back and forth with anyone. And luckily I haven't been insulted either. But I vowed to stay out of the fray of Diana fans vs Mary fans and here I go wading back in. I'm trying to remind myself that this isn't my forum, the posters don't belong to me, I can't control adults, I have to let people be who they are. So in the words of the great Diana Ross and the Supremes [[who I think are actually the Andantes), I'll let a little breeze blow me out the door...

I recall you pointing this out before. And in the wake of a negative response by the forum leader to something I said, I'm inclined to agree.
    I've felt some of these responses are just for clicks for a long time now. I believe that's why so many knowledgable industry vets stop posting on the forum because some of the banter that go on is crazy to put it mildly. I still enjoy the forum and will post every now and then, but refuse to get caught up in the nonsense that go on here at times.

RanRan, I really enjoy your posting. They are always insightful and thought provoking and never mean spirited. Keep up the good work.

I totally agree and have suggested that without the back and forth, this Forum might have folded

I often wonder if Marv is a plant to keep this Forum alive.

I think your Posts are relevant and entirely valid points of view. I also completely support Roberta for standing up to online bullying and mistreatment and am glad I do so as well to some extent

Does anyone else occasionally wonder if Marv is a plant?

Does anyone else occasionally wonder if Marv is a plant?
    Yes. Surely an invasive weed of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    clever ...

Id say the white Snakeroot plant. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    clever ...
    Thank you. You saw what I did there ...

Thank you. You saw what I did there ...
    yes, I did. And it made me laugh out loud. So, THANK YOU