[REMOVE ADS]

Page 103 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 113 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,150 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

I'm going to try and watch tonight's game without falling asleep so I'll be back.

I'm watching the first quarter. I have Austin Ekeler and Justin Herbert playing and I need 3 points to win. Should have it by the 5 minute point of the first quarter unless the bottom drops out.

Which it has in years past.

Fell asleep and just woke up to see your post. I'm guessing you're still watching.

I won my game halfway through the first quarter but stuck it out. That game was a much of a dog as the recent Thursday night games. You didn't miss anything by falling asleep. The NFL is putting a bad product on the field in a whole lot of games this season.

Remember when they were saying the AFC West was the scariest division because of Mahomes, Herbert, Wilson and Carr? Only Mahomes is worthy of the respect right now.

I watched Tomlin's press conference today. I am guessing that he will proceed with Kenny Pickett. Some guys that did not play Sunday will return to the lineup. I do think Watt will return after our break.

I agree, Jerry; only Mahomes.

Dolphins Nation is rumbling over Tomlin's statement that Pickett will be a full participant in practice. Miami coach Mike McDaniel was all but called a whip-cracking sadist for how Tua's situation was handled a couple of weeks ago, even though he followed protocol to a "T". According to concussion protocol, Pickett shouldn't be in practice for at least four days and he'd have to work his way back into being cleared. Teddy Bridgewater didn't even sustain a concussion but because he was pulled due to a spotter's questioning his health, he couldn't practice until Friday and by then, it was too late to install the game plan.

I'm not saying all of this to knock Tomlin or the Steelers' concussion handling, but I'm just shocked that the NFLPA isn't as concerned for the health of Pickett as they pretended to be for Tua. All of this uproar probably cost the Dolphins two games and in the end, nobody really cares about it at all.

Per the concussion protocol, players can be reevaluated on Thursday and they have to undergo the following steps to be cleared:

1. Symptom limited activity
    2. Aerobic exercise
    3. Football-specific exercise
    4. Club-based non-contact training
    5. Full football activity/clearance

If Pickett is hurt again on Sunday night, I strongly doubt the NFLPA will raise the stink they raised three weeks ago. Sorry for the rant.

I see no rant here, Jerry.

Simply put: You're right!

There is too much inconsistency but guys keep in mind it was the visual seen around the world that many, if not most people reacted to. Right, wrong or indifferent visuals are a powerful thing.

Truer words were never spoken. A picture is worth a thousand words. Of course, I'm rooting for the Fins on Sunday night, but I pray for Pickett's well-being.

I do, too. Not a good choice for Sunday, IMHO.
    And you know I want the Steelers to win

Steelers vs Dolphins'.hmmmm

I think it's going to be a fun game to watch but I'll be staying neutral on this one for obvious reasons.

I can’t remember the last time I agreed with JJ but...

OCT 18 JERRY VS. KRAFT & GOODELL? - NFL owners on Tuesday agreed almost unanimously on most things, but - according to ESPN - billionaire bosses Jerry Jones and Robert Kraft got involved in a heated exchange over the a new compensation package for commissioner Roger Goodell.

According to the story, the Dallas Cowboys owner at one point told the New England Patriots' boss, "Don't f--- with me!"

Replied Kraft, "Excuse me?"

"Don't mess with me," Jones repeated.

Meeting in New York, the owners voted 31-1 in favor of Goodell's deal, with Jones apparently the lone dissenter.

The New York Times reported last year that Goodell's total compensation over 2020-21 was nearly $128 million

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/...ting-31-1-vote

In other news during the NFL Owners meeting...

While there are multiple teams that want Snyder out as owner, Irsay{Colts owner} was the first one to publicly come out and say it.

"I assume we're going to get into more and more discussion on that," said Irsay when asked if Snyder has been a topic of conversation at these meeting. "You know, it's a difficult situation. I believe that there's merit to remove him as owner of the {Commanders}. I think it's something that we have to review, we have to look at all the evidence and be thorough in going forward, but I think it's something that has to be given serious consideration."

He added: "As we determine the evidence and move forward, we'll have to determine what the situation is. ... I think once owners talk among each other, they'll arrive to the right decision. Unfortunately, I believe that's the road we probably need to go down and we just need to finish the investigation. It's gravely concerning to me the things that have occurred over there in the last 20 years."

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...est-of-league/
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-19-2022 at 11:18 AM.

I agree with JJ, but let's face it.......Goodell mde those owners a LOT of $$$$

As far as Snyder I don't think he'll go anywhere.
    Thoughts?

Stay neutral Ms M?

Good Lord. Why in heck would a man who made $128 million last year need a raise? I had to read that three times to make sure I didn't miss a decimal point somewhere. Meanwhile, stadium workers are probably lucky to earn $12/hour. This country is so backwards regarding money, power and class.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Good Lord. Why in heck would a man who made $128 million last year need a raise? I had to read that three times to make sure I didn't miss a decimal point somewhere. Meanwhile, stadium workers are probably lucky to earn $12/hour. This country is so backwards regarding money, power and class.

My sentiment exactly Jerry which is why I agree with JJ on this although I honestly can't say that's why he voted against it.

As far as Snyder, he needs to be gone IMO but will it happen? As Jerry Oz states, "This country is so backwards regarding money, power and class." So, who knows!!!

Snyder made it known that he knows where the NFL's bodies are buried. If he's ousted, he's going to put very personal and potentially illegal business on full display to the world. That's why the NFL didn't sock him over the cheerleader scandal. He also was an afterthought in the Gruden debacle, where everything that came to light happened with Dennis Allen under Snyder's watch.

Seriously, Stephen Ross is a total moron and an embarrassment to human beings let alone owners, but he shines like a saint compared to Daniel Snyder. The league's going to have a harder time getting a buyer for the Commanders since Snyder is financing the new stadium out of pocket. It's probably why he did it.

I didn't realize he was financing the new stadium out of pocket but it does seem to be a smart move to keep public sentiment on his side but...why do they need a new stadium?

The current stadium isn't THAT OLD. Heck I still remember RFK Stadium which until recently was still standing but now being demolished.

If I recall correctly, people were surprised to learn the stadium is only going to hold a fraction of the capacity of their current stadium.

I found the following story and it does appear he's hiding behind the stadium to make it harder to get rid of him. What a slimebag.

Report: Snyder’s Status With NFL May Hinge on Stadium Deal

Daniela Perez - Thursday

Public outcry has halted a new Commanders’ venue and some reportedly have plans that could halt it altogether to oust Snyder.
    One NFL owner claims some owners would forgive Commanders’ head Dan Snyder and the team’s financial struggles and troubling misconduct allegations if he built a new stadium, ESPN’s Don Van Natta Jr., Seth Wickersham and Tisha Thompson reported Thursday.

It’s the latest revelation in ESPN’s report centered on the “dirt” Snyder has accumulated on team owners and league officials during his tenure as the Commanders’ owner. Washington’s financial issues have been the focus of many—including a congressional committee—but some NFL owners appear to be more annoyed by the team’s monetary struggles than by the sexual harassment and workplace misconduct allegations levied against the franchise, ESPN reported.

The same owner told the network Snyder is aware that owners may forgive him if a new stadium comes to fruition. However, public outcry has halted the building of a new Commanders venue, and according to the report, some league executives are considering plans that could halt a stadium build altogether in an attempt to oust Snyder.

“Some owners aren’t liked in their cities because their team is losing,” the owner told ESPN. “That goes with the territory. Snyder isn’t liked because of what he has done to that franchise, with all its history. The stadium is falling apart. The team is underperforming. He can’t get a new stadium. There’s no way out. … He may have passed the point of no return.”

Snyder was close to securing a new stadium in March after Virginia’s legislature passed a stadium bill for a $3 billion complex that included an amphitheater, shops, apartments and a practice facility, all of which would surround a 55,000-seat Commanders stadium. It was sent to a conference committee for lawmakers to work out issues in the bill and then meant to be sent to the governor, who reportedly supported it.

However, several former Washington employees detailed their experiences with sexual harassment and workplace misconduct in a hybrid roundtable hosted by the U.S. House Committee on Oversight and Reform, causing many state residents to vehemently oppose the building of a new stadium.

“Using taxpayer funding to pay for anything having to do with this stadium is morally reprehensible,” one Virginian said via email, per ESPN.

A supervisor in Prince William County, where Washington was looking to build, sent a survey out to residents in June regarding the stadium. It found that 85% of 850 residents did not want the stadium to be built, ESPN reported.

The bill was abandoned in June. Many owners told ESPN they were stunned Snyder’s bill was squandered despite its support from lawmakers.

Washington currently plays at FedExField, which opened in 1997 with a capacity of more than 80,000. During Snyder’s 23 years as owner, capacity and attendance have dwindled dramatically. In September, the team reduced its capacity from almost 68,000 to between 62,000 to 63,000, per The Washington Times. From 2005 to ’10, the stadium’s capacity was reportedly more than 90,000.

The last time the Commanders had the highest attendance in the league was in 2008, when they drew 708,835 fans during the team’s home games. Last season the Commanders held the second-lowest mark in the NFL. They averaged just 52,751 fans per home game for a total of 422,009.

FedExField has faced recent scrutiny after a railing collapsed and multiple fans fell onto the field after the Commanders’ 20–16 loss to Philadelphia in January. Several fans denied Washington’s claims that they were offered “onsite medical evaluation” following the railing collapse, and now four of those who fell are suing the franchise.

Despite the stadium’s issues and a clear consensus that a new one is needed, some have plans to stop Snyder from building one. According to ESPN, a few owners and executives have talked about potentially refusing to give Snyder the $200 million loan given to teams building a new stadium, an attempt to try and get the Washington owner to sell the team or to transfer the team permanently over to his wife, Tanya.

“The league’s only real tool is to starve him from the funds to build a stadium,” a team president told ESPN.

The NFL is investigating new allegations stemming from the House Committee’s probe into workplace misconduct in the Commanders franchise. The league initially conducted an investigation after former employees cited sexual harassment in 2020. Attorney Beth Wilkinson and her firm investigated, and Snyder was levied $10 million fine as a result, but the probe’s findings were never released to the public.

Tanya assumed the team’s day-to-day operations in July 2021. The league’s initial probe catalyzed the House Committee to launch its own investigation into the organization, consistently pressing commissioner Roger Goodell to release the Wilkinson investigation findings. The House Committee’s findings caused the NFL to open a new probe led by U.S. attorney and former Securities and Exchange Commission chair Mary Jo White in February.

The House Committee and NFL’s investigations are still ongoing.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...al/ar-AA12VKin

Just did some digging on Fed Ex Field and I admit it's been YEARS since I've been there. Apparently the place is falling apart so, NEVER MIND. HAHAHAHA

Interesting read Jerry. He's a slime ball but he's not stupid {although has done stupid and reprehensible things} clears throat...allegedly.

And the man has a reported net worth of 4.9 BILLION DOLLARS. He can afford to shell out the dough for a new stadium. Lawd Love a Duck!

Right again, Jerry!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    And the man has a reported net worth of 4.9 BILLION DOLLARS. He can afford to shell out the dough for a new stadium. Lawd Love a Duck!
    He's not stupid. Building a 55,000 seat stadium is going to send ticket prices through the roof while all but guaranteeing sellouts. He's also going to control a lot of commerce associated with the stadium complex.

By the way, I found it interesting that Jerry and Kraft were arguing because they were anti-Goodell bedfellows just a couple of years ago.

First it was Tom and Gisele, now JJ and Kraft. Love ain't always a many-splendored thing.

Moe your comment about Goodell helping owners make a lot of money started me thinking. I'm sure the equal cut each team receives from football related revenue is lucrative but is it really enough to bump up a 128 million dollar salary? Obviously, JJ doesn't think so and I can understand why. LOL

Although the NFL’s 32 teams equally share a little over 70% of football-related revenue, the rising tide of multiples does not mean all boats are lifted equally.

Teams that can leverage their brands and stadiums to increase luxury suite, sponsorship, hospitality and non-NFL-event revenue the most will typically be worth more.

Prime example: The Dallas Cowboys, worth $8 billion, sit on top of the league for the fourteenth consecutive year and are the most valuable team in all of sports. The Cowboys also are the first team to generate over $1 billion in revenue, thanks in large part to a bevy of lucrative sponsorship's, such as a ten-year, $200 million deal with Molson Coors. In 2021, the Cowboys pulled in over $220 million in stadium advertising and sponsorship revenue, more than double that of any other team.

That explains why Snyder's financing the stadium. Jones built Jerryworld largely without public financing, so he doesn't owe the government anything. Of course, the Cowboys brand is at the pinnacle of sports marketing, but his model is for high investment to get super high return. Snyder won't collect half of what Jones is getting, but that stadium will be paying him loot hand over fist inside of 10 years.

IF he can get it built it could be a sweet investment especially now that the family are sole owners of the team. But {and maybe I'm looking in the wrong place} where did you read Snyder intends to finance out of pocket?

The reason I asked was because I was reading a recent time line on all his mess and as of October this is what it had to say...
    https://www.localsyr.com/sports/spor...er-dan-snyder/

OCTOBER 2022

ESPN released a lengthy report detailing Snyder’s efforts to influence other owners and the league office to maintain control of the team. ESPN reported, citing anonymous sources, Snyder has hired private investigators and told people he has enough information to expose fellow owners and Goodell.

Three people with knowledge of the agenda told The Associated Press there was no plan to vote on Snyder’s status at the owners meeting in New York on Oct. 18.

The investigations by White and Congress remain ongoing. The team still does not have a deal for a new stadium and ranks lowest in the NFL in attendance.

BTW he supposedly wrote a letter to the owners and denied the ESPN report. It's further up in one of the other links I posted.

I'll repost it here
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/c...est-of-league/

"Snyder said he never hired private investigators to look into them or commissioner Roger Goodell"
    Last edited by ms_m; 10-19-2022 at 06:43 PM.

I first heard about the stadium about six months ago. I recall them saying he wanted Maryland or Virginia to give him the land so he could build the stadium. Curiously, I cannot find anything regarding financing as I'm looking today although the reports all say he was trying to pinch the land for free. It's possible my recall was incorrect, but I would swear he wanted to pay for it out of pocket.

Looks like it's moot anyway though, because both states told him to get to steppin' and that looks like it's going to speed up his departure as an owner. I'll bet Jai can't wait for Stephen Ross to be the new worst owner in American sports.

A case for JJ could be made for the title but hey, a fine, slap on the wrist and Goodell with his new raise will look the other way for all these owners...although I'm guessing he's not particular happy with JJ right now. LOL

Good Morning

Don't believe I'm about to say this but I watched the Wizzards game last night so, congrats Jai. Although, I was pulling for the Pacers. LOL

Tonight's game is the Saints vs. Cardinals. Do you think these Thursday games are just kinda ho hum this year?

As a general rule I have to say yes. If Murray is having a good night though, it could be interesting.

I might not even watch. The Miami vs Cincinnati game was pretty good - with a horrible result - but the other games are total dogs. In fact, the last two Thursday night games were awful and so was the Monday night game. Ratings have to be awful, especially since the Thursday games are on Amazon Prime and not easily accessible. I'm not even planning to watch tonight's game.

For the sake of watching a game I may start it if nothing else is on. It may be the fastest channel changer if boring

All this fuss about snyder, and he ain't going anywhere, he banned but shows up at the game, well looks like my buddy will get another shot at ob, he may not win but he'll be exciting, but hey....them gizzards won yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! !!!

A poem for ms_m:

Dak is back
    How hot is Prescott?
    He got the call to throw the ball
    Are the Boyz contenders or not?

Dak is back
    Cooper will now sit
    He did his best to give Dak rest
    It's true he never quit

Dak is back
    Let the fun now begin
    But one must wonder 'bout the over and under
    Total games Dallas' will win
    Dak is back

A poem by Jerry Oz

HAHAHAHAHAH

I love it!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!!!

I know your confidence kicked up a notch. Tua's coming back on Sunday night and I'm going to hold my breath every time he goes back to pass. Huge prayers up for that young man to stay healthy.

I can only hope for the best Sunday night & that there are no serious injuries between both teams. I may not see the game because I'll be out of town & have other committments.

In other news, Christian McCaffrey to the 49'ers for 3 draft picks in 2023. Good fit?

A healthy Christian McCaffrey is a good fit for any team. But the Panthers quick started their rebuild by getting 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th round draft picks. Their fans should be optimistic if they can put a good management structure in place. Right now, they're a flaming mess. Carolina won the trade.

There's a rumor going around that the Steelers are "in the works" of trading WR Chase Claypool. Really? I hate these rumors. Why would the Steelers do a trade in the middle of the season? I think this is false.

WELL GANG, HINECKY WON'T WIN SUNDAY BUT HE'LL MAKE IT CLOSE, I'LL SAY[PACKERS 23- COMMANDERS 21] BUT HEY LET'S BREAK UP THEM GIZZARDS-look out NBA here we come..hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe... THEY BEAT THE BULLS LAST NIGHT..I'M GOING DOWN TO GRADY'S FOR THE WINNERS SPECIAL[DON'T ASK]BEFORE IT CRAWLS OFF THE PLATE,HEHE...VICTORY IS MINE!!!

Jai you must have a cast iron stomach. LOL

OK gang, are we ready for some football?!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    There's a rumor going around that the Steelers are "in the works" of trading WR Chase Claypool. Really? I hate these rumors. Why would the Steelers do a trade in the middle of the season? I think this is false.
    Moe he was in a slump for awhile but seems to be getting his mojo back so I think he will be ok and, the Steelers are supposedly looking for quite a lot for him.

I'll take it but I would have gone for the FG. Oh well.

Geeze Louise!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up Tony, it was an interception. HAHAHAHA

Touchdown!!!!!! LOL