[REMOVE ADS]

Any info of Supremes' "Let The Sunshine In" Expanded Edition?

I would love that Motown release the Expanded Edition of Diana Ross & The Supremes' "Let The Sunshine In", 1969 album. Is there any info about it?
    I think that the songs that would be includes are:
    -No Matter What Sign You Are [[Alternate Versión)
    -No Matter What Sign You Are [[It's Happening Versión)
    -I'm Livin' In Shame [[Alternate Version)
    -Let The Music Play [[Alternate Vocal)
    -Stormy
    -Where Do I Go?/Good Morning Starshine [[Live)
    -Are You Sure Love Is The Name Of This Game
    -Those Precious Memoires

It would be includes other unreleased songs too!!

The Where Do I Go/Good Morning Starshine Medley was lip-synched. I have an acetate of the "studio" version that was used for The Hollywood Palace.

I think the Expanded Edition for the "Let The Sunshine In" album from 1969 is a long way off.

We're still waiting for A' Go-Go from 1966, which has been on hold for about two or three years.
    Last edited by johnjeb; 12-07-2016 at 12:29 PM.

You are right, johnjeb. The A GO GO non-release is a huge disappointment for all of us. Many "insiders" -- certainly with good intentions-- STRONGLY led us to believe that 2016 was of the year for sure! I just don't know what to think anymore so I avoid reading the predictions and posts.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    You are right, johnjeb. The A GO GO non-release is a huge disappointment for all of us. Many "insiders" -- certainly with good intentions-- STRONGLY led us to believe that 2016 was of the year for sure! I just don't know what to think anymore so I avoid reading the predictions and posts.
    As long as it comes out on CD I can wait - otherwise I wont bother.

Quote Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised that the 'expanded edition' of The Supremes A Go-Go hasn't come out. Ever since Universal Music merged with Capitol Records a few years back, they've put the Motown catalog on the back burner [[except for vinyl re-releases like the recent release of Marvin's What's Going On as a 4 LP set and the various artists MP-3 releases). Whatever 'insiders' have promised fans, it's up to the front office at UMe/Capitol to sign off on these projects.

I gave to admit I've given up on Go Go.sad

honest man Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Scarlet View Post
    I would love that Motown release the Expanded Edition of Diana Ross & The Supremes' "Let The Sunshine In", 1969 album. Is there any info about it?
    I think that the songs that would be includes are:
    -No Matter What Sign You Are [[Alternate Versión)
    -No Matter What Sign You Are [[It's Happening Versión)
    -I'm Livin' In Shame [[Alternate Version)
    -Let The Music Play [[Alternate Vocal)
    -Stormy
    -Where Do I Go?/Good Morning Starshine [[Live)
    -Are You Sure Love Is The Name Of This Game
    -Those Precious Memoires

It would be includes other unreleased songs too!!
    Ian this and Cream of the Crop albums are what i would love the most from this series,especially to have all the songs recorded from this timeframe and earlier fillers to be added as bonus tracks,Ireckon these 2 over Gogo as most of the unreleased material from this project has now been issued Satisfaction etc,cheers.

i think The Nitty Gritty was recorded around this time frame

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    i think The Nitty Gritty was recorded around this time frame
    Nitty Gritty was recorded around the time of the release of the Reflections album.

but wasn't there an album planned called No Matter What Sign You Are, and I thought Nitty
    Gritty was one of the tracks considered for inclusion. I know the album became Love Child and took on a better life form.
    didn't know the Nitty Gritty was recorded that early, thanks for the info. maybe Stormy .
    most of the outtakes from this perios I thought were released on Lost and Found.

liked Cream of The Crop. thought it was very lush sounding album but short. only 11 tracks with songs like Mcarthur Park and Stormy, Beginning of the End of the End Of Love just sitting in the vault.

a Go Go is delayed [[thanks, Universal) but it is still on

delayed,. unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimi LaLumia View Post
    a Go Go is delayed [[thanks, Universal) but it is still on
    That's all we ever hear are delays. But what can we do but wait!

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    liked Cream of The Crop. thought it was very lush sounding album but short. only 11 tracks with songs like Mcarthur Park and Stormy, Beginning of the End of the End Of Love just sitting in the vault.
    Stormy by DRATS is an amazing track and should have been released at the time. Their version of MacArthur Park, on the contrary, is not very strong. I understand why that was not released at the time.