[REMOVE ADS]

Aretha's MI Home Listed For Sale

I find the bars on all the windows disturbing. Hopefully they made Aretha feel safe.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...-07345?view=qv

Thanks for sharing this.

Surprisingly generic overall. Fantastic pool!

Hear it's going for 800 g's, and needs a lot of work from being uninhabited for years.

Was this Aretha's main residency?? How long was she in this house? I wonder why it was uninhabited for years?? Why it wasn't rented or used by family??

Looking at photos there are parts that appear to have been never finished.

Did Aretha have homes in other parts of the country? For some reason I imagined her spending time in Georgia, Florida, or thereabouts...

Some of those rooms look like they could be in a trailer park home.

I know that area well...Not far from my parents old house... Not the most exclusive area of Bloomfield Hills, but still a nice area...That house in most part of suburban Los Angeles would be approaching 2 million easily...

Quote Originally Posted by StuBass1 View Post
    I know that area well...Not far from my parents old house... Not the most exclusive area of Bloomfield Hills, but still a nice area...That house in most part of suburban Los Angeles would be approaching 2 million easily...
    The property is in a gated community, which appeals to some but not everyone. The interior seems to have been updated in the 80's or so but not since. I hope the family gets a good price for it, of course.

It seems Aretha had more than one house in the greater Detroit area, not sure if any were actual residences for her other than this one.
    This home was in a gated community and the pool and tennis courts were for common use . I had wondered why she placed the pool so far from the house. Aretha spent the last years [[total?) in a Detroit high rise condo apparently.
    Wonder when the house got emptied of its stuff?? Perhaps the homeowner's rules would not let her rent it out or let others live there unless she did too. But once it was vacated , why didn't she just sell it? Seemed clear she wasn't returning. Is there a lot of interior furnishings in storage then ?
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 11-05-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    It seems Aretha had more than one house in the greater Detroit area, not sure if any were actual residences for her other than this one.
    This home was in a gated community and the pool and tennis courts were for common use . I had wondered why she placed the pool so far from the house. Aretha spent the last years [[total?) in a Detroit high rise condo apparently.
    Wonder when the house got emptied of its stuff?? Perhaps the homeowner's rules would not let her rent it out or let others live there unless she did too. But once it was vacated , why didn't she just sell it? Seemed clear she wasn't returning. Is there a lot of interior furnishings in storage then ?

Yes, she owned this mansion on the Detroit Golf Club which just sold for a song, $300,000, as well as the one in WB and her apartment on the Detroit River.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-s-former-home
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; 11-28-2018 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Yes, she owned this mansion on the Detroit Golf Club which just sold for a song, $300,000, as well as the one in WB and her apartment on the Detroit River.

http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/loca...-s-former-home
    I would guess that either this property was in receivership or in poor condition. The selling price for a property of that size is drastically low.

Didn't Aretha say something about making her house like Elvis'? Or was just that James Brown saying it about HIS house?

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I would guess that either this property was in receivership or in poor condition. The selling price for a property of that size is drastically low.
    Based on the video, it looks like the interior of the home needs to be gutted. I would not be surprised if she hadn't lived there since the 70's. [[Referencing the Detroit Golf Club Home for $300K, not the one in the first post).

She use to have these great, huge star-studded birthday parties there.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Was this Aretha's main residency?? How long was she in this house? I wonder why it was uninhabited for years?? Why it wasn't rented or used by family??

Looking at photos there are parts that appear to have been never finished.

Did Aretha have homes in other parts of the country? For some reason I imagined her spending time in Georgia, Florida, or thereabouts...
    She only iived in Detroit Metro. She was living downtown in a hi-rise condo at the time of her death.