[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    alexgarret Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She is a talented comedian........
    And we've all seen pics of you - bless your heart.

Did you know the show "Land of the Giants" Marv? !

Most exciting and popular thread in years. Welcome Alexgarret. Please stay with us. We love you already.

What is this thread called? Ah, beat up Marv in every way possible.

I had no idea what Mary's daughter looked like. I'm sure she's a nice girl.

Yep! A real stunner........

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Subtle subtle Skool. Excellent. And I gather our next step is "they don't have the advantages Diane had, having to borrow money from her and all".

Marv, do you begrudge every African American that was successful? That is belittling to you. You should be celebrating the success of all of them. That is way too bitter. Silly and unbecoming.
    Go on and back to sleep! You have lost your talents for insults LOL! Like you care about African Americans when you were the main person defending Just7numbers on here few years ago..........

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Diane Ross has gorgeous daughters and real handsome sons.

Thank you for the photos skooldem1

Yours, with every good wish.

Roberta
    Roberta? LOL!!!!@!! stop please....LOL!!!!

This was a blast guys. I enjoyed this one a lot.

Strange what stories those pictures tell. Well done skool.

alexgarret Guest
    All beautiful ladies - they have done their momma's proud.........

alexgarret Guest
    Most exciting and popular thread in years. Welcome Alexgarret. Please stay with us. We love you already.

What is this thread called? Ah, beat up Marv in every way possible.

I had no idea what Mary's daughter looked like. I'm sure she's a nice girl.
    Thank you Jobetrob - this site has certainly been a wake up call for me. Is Marv the normal "supreme fan"?

Simply dazzling...........

alexgarret Guest
    And please call me Alex

alexgarret Guest
    [QUOTE=marv2;150885]Simply dazzling...........[/QUOTE

OMG - she is - thank you for posting this.

alexgarret Guest
    [QUOTE=alexgarret;150887]
    Simply dazzling...........[/QUOTE

OMG - she is - thank you for posting this.
    I apologize for having the wrong impression of you - I see that you are a fan of the Diva - thank you.

and my final, parting shot.........hehehehehe......!

alexgarret Guest
    Again - a gorgeous pic. Thank you. Anybody with internet savvy has seen the pic of you and Mary - good for you Large Marge.

Because someone said they think Diana's daughters are attractive you have to post what you think are unflattering pictures to take a shot? How old are you? You act very immature.

alexgarret Guest
    They are stunningly beautiful - can we say the same for large marge?

alexgarret Guest
    and my final, parting shot.........hehehehehe......!
    What a beauty!
    Thanks large marge

Diana definitely looks like her mama as she ages. Florence looks cute there. Gwen was always the elegant Gordy [[Anna was sexier). Poor Obie lol

I'm enjoying the pics and the banter here, but can someone please explain just who is 'Large Marge' - and the exact reasons for using that name....LOL

smark21 Guest
    This is turning into one of the most pathetic threads in the history of the forum .

Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    This is turning into one of the most pathetic threads in the history of the forum .
    I agree. Very pathetic.

There is a salacious desire for the "Large Marge" picture.

Any poster who feels the need to critique the looks of the children of a Supreme needs to put their own children pics online or their own head shot and let the group critique them in the same way and see how it feels. There is no humor in bullying when people kill themselves daily due to a lack of self esteem or acceptance over their appearance. There's plenty of other topics related to Motown that can be picked apart without having to resort to this.

At the Oscars in 1973:

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/B0/7820A1..._cyvwKRgow.jpg

Flanked by her beautiful parents and handsome husband at the time, Robert Silberstein. And Ross looking gorgeous. That amazing smile of hers. Looking so happy. In that sensational silver tuxedo she wore. And later changed out of, too--during the show! Wonder if that was a first at the event.

alexgarret Guest
    It's hard to believe that was 40 years ago - she certainly had the world at her feet. She really looked disappointed when Liza's name was called out. I loved both performances, but overall Liza probably did deserve to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Any poster who feels the need to critique the looks of the children of a Supreme needs to put their own children pics online or their own head shot and let the group critique them in the same way and see how it feels. There is no humor in bullying when people kill themselves daily due to a lack of self esteem or acceptance over their appearance. There's plenty of other topics related to Motown that can be picked apart without having to resort to this.
    Preach my dear Glenpwood preach. You speak the truth.

Fondly,

Roberta

The photo appeared in Randy T's first book on Diana Ross.

Had Maxine Powell joined Motown when the first photo on this thread was taken?

If she had not, then Diana and Florence already had a sure sense of style.....

alexgarret Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by smark21 View Post
    I agree - I apologize for any of my negative contributions to this thread - I'm just so proud to see the kids of any celebreties doing so well and when I see others shooting them down, I let the best of me become the worst. Please accept my apologies. Peace.

alexgarret Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post

Whether or not she was there - that is the BEST PIC i've seen of FLo - gotta love her

Has anyone ever seen a pic of Cindy's son or know anything about him?

Yes, I have a pic of Cindy and her son. I will have to dig it up. The only children I have not seen are those of Jean Terrell.

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post

Quote Originally Posted by blueskies View Post
    When Cindy's divorce was announced, JET magazine ran a small story and included a photo of Cindy and her son.

This is Cindy and her son I believe
    Name:  cindy.JPG
Views: 960
Size:  12.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by westgrandboulevard View Post

Not too sure. When did Maxine join? 1965?

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Not too sure. When did Maxine join? 1965?

Maxine Powell:
    "Well what happened… was that before I went into Motown when Barry wrote a song called, "Lonely Teardrops" and Jackie Wilson was the artist. And they showcased him in my downstairs ballroom as a fundraiser for George Edwards' campaign. So any time they had an artist after they got going before I went to Motown, they would have me come and watch the artist perform and then tell them what the artist needed. So when I did join the company in 1964 they asked me to open up a finishing school there - so I did. I opened in 1964 a finishing school, Motown Finishing School, and I worked with the artists on, first thing we worked with was - who are you? And, what makes you tick? I don't teach singing. So I also told the artists that, ah, they would, this department would groom and polish them so that they could appear in number one places around the country and even before the king and queen. Of course the youngsters, you know they came from humble beginning and some were rude and crude from the street and the projects. But with me, it isn't where you come from is where you're going. So I told them where they would be appearing. And they laughed and said that I was out of my mind because all they wanted was a hit record. And this is what we did, we worked with developing class."

Sounds like Mrs. Powell. Thanks for that Carole. Your posts are always informative.

Quote Originally Posted by skooldem1 View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What is the old saying? If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything.

Attachment 6267
    Attachment 6268
    Attachment 6269
    Attachment 6270
    Attachment 6271
    Attachment 6272

Well put. Marv2 may want to consider this before wading into every single Diana Ross thread on this forum.

Rosa Refried Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by alexgarret View Post
    They are stunningly beautiful - can we say the same for large marge?
    Name:  large marge.jpg
Views: 1121
Size:  82.3 KB

Tell 'em Large Marge sent ya!

Quote Originally Posted by carole cucumber View Post

Maxine Powell:
    "Well what happened… was that before I went into Motown when Barry wrote a song called, "Lonely Teardrops" and Jackie Wilson was the artist. And they showcased him in my downstairs ballroom as a fundraiser for George Edwards' campaign. So any time they had an artist after they got going before I went to Motown, they would have me come and watch the artist perform and then tell them what the artist needed. So when I did join the company in 1964 they asked me to open up a finishing school there - so I did. I opened in 1964 a finishing school, Motown Finishing School, and I worked with the artists on, first thing we worked with was - who are you? And, what makes you tick? I don't teach singing. So I also told the artists that, ah, they would, this department would groom and polish them so that they could appear in number one places around the country and even before the king and queen. Of course the youngsters, you know they came from humble beginning and some were rude and crude from the street and the projects. But with me, it isn't where you come from is where you're going. So I told them where they would be appearing. And they laughed and said that I was out of my mind because all they wanted was a hit record. And this is what we did, we worked with developing class."
    Ah! That's right. '64! Thanks Carole.

I think this photo was in Randy T's first book on Diana Ross.

I've always liked Maxine Powell and what she did at Motown. But we part ways when it comes to what 'class' is. I don't think it has anything to do with how you present yourself. It's how you yourself are, how you think, what's important to you, and how you treat others. I don't think it's something that can be taught. But it can be developed through experience. Show me someone who's sloppy and rough around all the edges and not formally educated but is genuinely kind and considerate toward others--and I'll see nothing but class.

the picture of the ladies at the Greystone Ballroom was first published Taborelli's 1985 book on Diana...

alexgarret Guest
    Still the most incredible picture I've seen of Flo...absolutely beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    I dont find Diana girls gorgeous. Thye arer attractive in their own way,unique looking, but certainly not gorgeous IMO.
    Show us what "gorgeous" is. Post a pic of yourself!

I was never keen on Diana's recording of MORE TODAY THAN YESTERDAY. Until now.

A YouTube poster named Tommy Lee has taken it and completely turned it around for me with a terrific video that he created. And I think it's terrific for the simple reason that he somehow knew exactly what to do with it--he knew exactly what it needed.

Since "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder," I'll just say: "Behold":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8M08...ture=endscreen

Yes, that is a great video.

alexgarret Guest
    Really cool family pics - her greatest accomplishment - nothing else matters.

Yes, that is a great video.
    Really great video of Ms Ross and her kids, thanks so much for posting