[REMOVE ADS]

Jerry Butler - "Brand New Me" [[Live Performance!)

The Ice Man" sounding as good as ever:

One of the best to ever do it-marv you ain't gonna believe this but,i just put that classic on a soul compilation the other day...jerry butler -forever!!

I know you love great music so it's not too hard to believe. Jerry Butler has never made a bad recording in my opinion!

A great song & performance by Jerry Butler and one of the early pillars of The Philly Soul Sound. Thanks Marv2.

Jerry Butler is a first class talent. His name does not come up often enough when his contemporaries are praised in popular culture.

The person who originally posted that on youtube has a number of other video
    performances and as I understand, more in the can. I bookmarked his/her channel to
    see what other goodies show up in the future. I can't help but be curious about who
    were the girls backing Jerry here. Sorry, I'm anal like that....

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    The person who originally posted that on youtube has a number of other video
    performances and as I understand, more in the can. I bookmarked his/her channel to
    see what other goodies show up in the future. I can't help but be curious about who
    were the girls backing Jerry here. Sorry, I'm anal like that....
    Splanky, the very first lady on the left I believe is Brenda Eager who Jerry recorded a duet with.

Ahh the talented-brenda lee eager[ain't understanding mellow-1972]a soul classic.

OMG, how did I not recognize Brenda Lee Eager? So after refreshing a crippled memory
    I see the group is Peaches, his back up singers. Still don't know who the other girls are
    but obviously Brenda was the cream. Ain't Understanding Mellow had what I thought was
    the coolest bass line of the time. Dopest as they say nowadays. Have to listen to it again
    this morning...Thanks, guys...

Quote Originally Posted by splanky View Post
    OMG, how did I not recognize Brenda Lee Eager? So after refreshing a crippled memory
    I see the group is Peaches, his back up singers. Still don't know who the other girls are
    but obviously Brenda was the cream. Ain't Understanding Mellow had what I thought was
    the coolest bass line of the time. Dopest as they say nowadays. Have to listen to it again
    this morning...Thanks, guys...
    I believe the woman next to Brenda is Jerry's sister Mattie.