[REMOVE ADS]

The Spinners "It's a Shame" [[LiveTelevision Performance)

Phillipe Wynne sings G.C. Cameron's part and does a great job. Notice how they have Henry Fambrough sing G.C.'s high notes. Check out those moves!

Nice one marv.i remember seeing them right after it came out.

It's said Henry did the high part in Games People Play... but I don't believe it. Surely that's a woman's voice. I seem to remember seeing a Spinners live show on youtube when Henry sang the part... but in his natural voice

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    It's said Henry did the high part in Games People Play... but I don't believe it. Surely that's a woman's voice. I seem to remember seeing a Spinners live show on youtube when Henry sang the part... but in his natural voice
    I think it was one of the Sweeties who did that part in GAMES PEOPLE PLAY. But I remember that Henry would lipsync to it when they did it on some tv shows. I also saw him do it in his natural voice on a later tv special.

It just shows that
    it takes 2 people or more to equal G C Cameron

but it is good

Quote Originally Posted by soulwally View Post
    It was a woman singing on the studio recording. It is Evette Benton singing that part.

Quote Originally Posted by edafan View Post
    It just shows that
    it takes 2 people or more to equal G C Cameron

but it is good
    G.C. had an incredible range.

I was surprised to see Henry do the falsetto part. The first time I saw this, I thought that Billy would sing that part. The Spinners were probably the only group that didn’t have a true high tenor/falsetto vocalist. Though Henry and Bobby did have wide ranges.

Marv thanks for posting. I saw the Spinners at the Premier Center in the mid 80’s. The were absolutely fantastic. Too bad that venue closed bc they booked really good performers. Mary gave an excellent show.

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    Marv thanks for posting. I saw the Spinners at the Premier Center in the mid 80’s. The were absolutely fantastic. Too bad that venue closed bc they booked really good performers. Mary gave an excellent show.
    I did get to see Mary Wilson and Eddie Kendricks there New Year's Eve 1984-85. I saw Aretha there as well. It was a first class venue. Very nice. I too am sad that is closed.

I first saw the Spinners in August 1974 at the Toledo Sports Arena.