[REMOVE ADS]

1986 Detroit Black Journal Interview: Mary Wilson

Here's a great memory. Mary being interviewed by Ed Gordon in October 1986 in Detroit. I was with Mary later that day at Trapper's Alley downtown:

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Here's a great memory. Mary being interviewed by Ed Gordon in October 1986 in Detroit. I was with Mary later that day at Trapper's Alley downtown:

Did you ever post your reviews from Marys Feinstein shows in NYC. Ive not seen any but would love to hear what you thoughts of the show. Thanks in advance marv2.

Thanks Marv. Great to see. Was that a restaurant you went to or was She performing? I saw Mary at a Walden Books for her second book. She was so gracious helping my friends with a birthday gift for me. Definition of class and kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Thanks Marv. Great to see. Was that a restaurant you went to or was She performing? I saw Mary at a Walden Books for her second book. She was so gracious helping my friends with a birthday gift for me. Definition of class and kindness.
    You're most welcome Luke. No, Trapper's Alley was a festival market place like a mini mall in the heart of downtown Detroit. This was about a week after "Dreamgirl, My Life As A Supreme" was released. Mary made Detroit one of the first places she visited. She had an entourage that included Jay Schwartz, her long time publicists and even Tony Turner! LOL! My sister even came by there to see Mary. She look so beautiful that day ya just couldn't stop starring at her. We got to talk about some things and take a ton of pictures even with all of these people hovering around. LOL!

And now Mary is saying she gave them the name of the no hit Supremes! I guess she doesn’t remember this interview! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    And now Mary is saying she gave them the name of the no hit Supremes! I guess she doesn’t remember this interview! Lol
    Mary makes it up as she goes along but a girl gotta pay the IRS, so .....

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Did you ever post your reviews from Marys Feinstein shows in NYC. Ive not seen any but would love to hear what you thoughts of the show. Thanks in advance marv2.
    There seemed to be no 'real' [[i.e.: not blog posts, etc) reviews of the appearances in any of the trusted NY publications either. Can't imagine why.

I am equally perplexed Roberta. I would have thought that wild horses would not have prevented him from attending this show. Surely there cannot be any sinister reasons behind it?

This has given me a real chuckle on a Sunday morning!

The great Ed Gordon. Wish the interview vid was longer. Mary looks great as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    The great Ed Gordon. Wish the interview vid was longer. Mary looks great as usual.
    I have never seen Ed Gordon that happy before! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I am equally perplexed Roberta. I would have thought that wild horses would not have prevented him from attending this show. Surely there cannot be any sinister reasons behind it?
    LOLOLOLOL. Maybe hes saving his bucks for Dianas Radio City show this Saturdday night.

Attachment 15918

Here's a picture from Café Carlyle - speaks for itself as to why there would be nothing but a local or blog review.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Attachment 15918

Here's a picture from Café Carlyle - speaks for itself as to why there would be nothing but a local or blog review.
    it looks like a real nice room to play.

Yeah, Mary now says that she is the one who made that up about the "No Hit Supremes" and that Florence brought back names to name the group.

it looks like a real nice room to play.
    It's a lovely, teeny-tiny jewel box that holds maybe 50 people. Between the size of the room and the comps given to hotel guests it pretty much always 'sells out'.
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 06-17-2019 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    It's a lovely, teeny-tiny jewel box that holds maybe 50 people. Between the size of the room and the comps given to hotel guests it pretty much always 'sells out'.
    We should write the Carlyle and get marv2 a comp so he can go review Marys next show there. Its a real shame hes missed all of her NY are shows. Lets all write the Carlyle.

We should write the Carlyle and get marv2 a comp so he can go review Marys next show there. Its a real shame hes missed all of her NY are shows. Lets all write the Carlyle.
    Maybe she won’t allow him at her show!

Isn’t She overdressed for what seems to be a very small room

That's a new one. I always heard her tell it that the other Motown acts were calling them that.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    That's a new one. I always heard her tell it that the other Motown acts were calling them that.
    That’s what I thought. But in recent interviews she is now saying she gave them the name of the no hit Supremes.