[REMOVE ADS]

Motown Merchandising

Walk into Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's.....and you can buy Pink Floyd t-shirts, Beatles shot glasses, Greatful Dead neckties, KISS socks.....

But try and find a Temptations anything. A Supremes anything. A Four Tops anything. A Stevie anything. MAYBE MAYBE A Marvin something. But? Where is Motown for the masses?

I have a Tamla Motown coffee cup and a set of T/M coasters.

I guess the Motown Museum is about the only outlet for these types of items.

Not so..
    A search of the internet ....with the right prompt...will provide many items such as car stickers, t shirts, cups, key rings, cushions, mouse mats and much more.

Motown's Museum store for merchandise is online.
    http://www.websitestores.net/motown/default.aspx

And it looks like they also just opened a Museum store in the Greek town section of Detroit recently.

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene...oits-greektown

Quote Originally Posted by SatansBlues View Post
    Motown's Museum store for merchandise is online.
    http://www.websitestores.net/motown/default.aspx

And it looks like they also just opened a Museum store in the Greek town section of Detroit recently.

https://www.metrotimes.com/the-scene...oits-greektown
    Hey, thanks for sharing this info. I see a couple of items that I want to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Motown Eddie View Post
    Hey, thanks for sharing this info. I see a couple of items that I want to buy.
    Not a problem. There are quite a few things that I have my eye on as well.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    Not so..
    A search of the internet ....with the right prompt...will provide many items such as car stickers, t shirts, cups, key rings, cushions, mouse mats and much more.
    I think the original poster was referring to brick and mortar stores carrying such merchandise. Much of the stuff on the internet is unlicensed, unfortunately, but it's certainly out there on the net.

In that case Motown stuff will be limited.

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    Walk into Walmart, Target, Macy's, Kohl's.....and you can buy Pink Floyd t-shirts, Beatles shot glasses, Greatful Dead neckties, KISS socks.....

But try and find a Temptations anything. A Supremes anything. A Four Tops anything. A Stevie anything. MAYBE MAYBE A Marvin something. But? Where is Motown for the masses?
    I thought the very same thing recently. Every time I go to the grocery store or a place like WalMart and look at the magazines I see special People Issues of this artist and that artist. I. E. Prince and numerous non-Motown artists. The last magazine I saw on the newstands was the Mary Wilson special issue that was published. Why not a special issue celebrating Martha Reeves at 80 or a special issue on Diana Ross. It seems to me that Motown artists generally get slighted by non-publication of magazines such as this.

Quote Originally Posted by DWSheffer View Post
    I think the original poster was referring to brick and mortar stores carrying such merchandise. Much of the stuff on the internet is unlicensed, unfortunately, but it's certainly out there on the net.
    That's EXACTLY what I meant. I know I can go to the internet or the Motown Museum. I'm taking about walking into any store and not finding one thing, yet I can buy an Elvis puzzle, a Led Zepplin wine glass, or a Queen pillowcase. I never, ever, see anything Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I thought the very same thing recently. Every time I go to the grocery store or a place like WalMart and look at the magazines I see special People Issues of this artist and that artist. I. E. Prince and numerous non-Motown artists. The last magazine I saw on the newstands was the Mary Wilson special issue that was published. Why not a special issue celebrating Martha Reeves at 80 or a special issue on Diana Ross. It seems to me that Motown artists generally get slighted by non-publication of magazines such as this.
    You'd even think with the Temptations and or Supremes 60th that there would be some sort of special edition magazine?

Quote Originally Posted by marybrewster View Post
    That's EXACTLY what I meant. I know I can go to the internet or the Motown Museum. I'm taking about walking into any store and not finding one thing, yet I can buy an Elvis puzzle, a Led Zepplin wine glass, or a Queen pillowcase. I never, ever, see anything Motown.
    Yeah, I agree with that. Add to that list a Rolling Stones t-shirt!!