[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ralph - Can we have the SD forum DRATS free?

Ralph,
    SDF has lost so many members over the years, many put off by the preponderance of DRATS threads.
    Many members have asked for a separate DRATS thread but that has never happened.
    Now we seem to have DRATS threads appearing here. Please save SDF by insisting that similar posts are made in the Motown forum, otherwise, like poison Ivy this will spread and ruin the main forum.

Not sure but I think anyone is free to not read threads about performers they don't like. Anyhoo it works for me.

The place is overrun with DRATS threads. Almost every thread has Diana Ross in it. It's out of hand! Give them their own section!

That has been requested before but Ralph refused.
    You can see the results on Motown forum.
    We've lost a lot of members as a result.
    If SDF is swamped with DRATS then it will be such a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Not sure but I think anyone is free to not read threads about performers they don't like. Anyhoo it works for me.
    It's not about the artists ...it's the banal tit for tat posts that ruin the forum. If not corrected this forum will be swamped by rival groups arguing DRATS stuff....repeatedly.
    At least they have a home in Motown forum...keep it there please.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Wow, me putting one thread in the wrong forum by mistake has really pissed you off, hasn't it snakepit? For someone whose concerned about users being put off and leaving, shouldn't you maybe have less of a hostile overreaction to such an innocent mistake? I mean jeez, have a cup of chamomile tea or something. The funny part is it wasn't even a DRATS topic, it was a Supremes one as the lineup was Diana/Florence/Mary and I was mostly interested in Florence anyway. So I don't get where all this DRATS this and Diana Ross that comes from. You are not famous enough to be acting like this much of a diva.
    Last edited by Coppelia-Birdsong; 06-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.

I think you have been a member for 1 month...you have no idea what results from any DRATS threads.
    But take it from me, the continual threads and arguments over the years have ruined this web site.

You have started at least 3 Supremes related threads in SDF main forum...hardly 1 mistake.

When a new person comes into this forum, they see that almost all of the threads are DRATS/Diana Ross-related. It's discouraging to anyone who comes here with other musical interests. They suddenly think it's a DRATS forum, and leave. If they look at these threads, they see the bickering in them. Again, the industry cats who USED to frequent this place have been run off by all of it.

This site was started as a tribute to 60's Detroit soul artists and labels, specifically Darrell Banks.
    I doubt if 90% of the current members have heard of him.

Barring a separate section for the DRATS fans, perhaps an indefinite moratorium on all DRATS threads is in order with a closure of all related current threads.

The drastic remedy is a second purge.

But, Ralph does not like to be told what to do, and he doesn't like his hand forced.

Not sure how this formum is set up but can’t a moderator move a thread if it’s posted in the wrong forum? Also before actually posting in this forum I use to browse And it was always funny to me how those that constantly complain about Diana Ross and the Supremes threads or mentions, were always the ones to bring up her name in Unrelated threads As a joke or a dig.

Quote Originally Posted by snakepit View Post
    This site was started as a tribute to 60's Detroit soul artists and labels, specifically Darrell Banks.
    I doubt if 90% of the current members have heard of him.
    I only have one song by him, his big hit "Ooo Wee, I Love You". It's a childhood favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    Not sure how this formum is set up but can’t a moderator move a thread if it’s posted in the wrong forum? Also before actually posting in this forum I use to browse And it was always funny to me how those that constantly complain about Diana Ross and the Supremes threads or mentions, were always the ones to bring up her name in Unrelated threads As a joke or a dig.
    Well, that needs to end too.

If enough of we vets speak up, maybe Ralph will finally be compelled to do something about it. I remember what this forum was like in the early 2000s before the DRATS people came in.

I'll discuss this with Lowell to see if we can open up a special room.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Barring a separate section for the DRATS fans, perhaps an indefinite moratorium on all DRATS threads is in order with a closure of all related current threads.

The drastic remedy is a second purge.

But, Ralph does not like to be told what to do, and he doesn't like his hand forced.
    I don't care how many DRATS threads there are..I'm way past caring. But at least I know where all this nonsense resides.
    There is hardly any point in starting any threads in Motown Forum as they are swamped by you know what!
    The ship has long sailed...
    But the SDF forum has generally remained safe...but one DRATS begets another and another and on it goes.

I really don’t think that will work either, unless you have separate threads/forums for all the top Motown acts. Because what will happen next is some people will still be offended that the DRATS forum/thread will always be at the top. Also you should not be forced to post a thread about Diana Ross in a DRATS forum or Mary Wilson for that matter either.

Tell you what...posts as many DRATS threads in Clubhouse..see what Ralph says about that.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    So you are trying to save the forum from arguments.... by going out of your way to start numerous arguments with me over one post?

This makes sense to you, how?

I do agree however that those threads that are about any Motown artist belong in the Motown forum. I have to ask again isn’t it just a simple thing just having the moderator or one of the moderators not sure how many there are, just simply move them to the Motown section?

You don't learn do you?
    There is a home for Motown related posts. Many current and past members believe that the Motown Forum had been ruined by the number and contents of DRATS posts. But it is the home for such posts.
    You have posted 3 [[THREE) threads with a Supremes theme on SDF. If you continue to post DRATS related topics in SDF , you will be encouraging more snd more DRATS threads.
    That will result in members who have no intetest in DRATS nonsense to leave the site.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    That's the thing. I never mentioned the DRATS: he says I made three in the wrong forum over the past few days, but really:

1. Was about Florence Ballard's solo album with ABC. So not really anything to do with Motown, and certainly nothing to do with Diana Ross and the Supremes as they were known then.

2. A performence of Everybody Needs Somebody: no Diana Ross there, unless she's disguised herself cunningly as Jean Terrell. I posted it for the brief solo by Cindy.

3. The one that kicked him off and make this topic after biting my head off was a post featuring Flo, Mary and Diana doing a medley of their 60s hits, and featured the three wearing lovely gowns that Flo in particular was feeling. Not DRATS there either, it wasn't called that until Flo got kicked out.

I generally try to post Supremes posts in the Motown forum, but tbh I have dyspraxia and I get a bit flustered sometimes as the two forums look very similar and sometimes post the wrong post in the wrong forum. It's not intentional and certainly not part of this evil plan to turn it into a DRATS fansite as this guy seems to accuse me of doing. Besides as much as I love Diana, she comes after Flo, Cindy and Jean in that order.

You guys asked for it and it is coming. Check top thread on the main forum.

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    As much as I don't appreciate that guy beating my head off, I really do like the idea of having a forum just for the Supremes, so thank you ralph for restoring order to the universe.

I am not suggesting any evil plan. I am trying to prevent SDF from being ruined by pointing out what WILL happen if you continue to post in SDF.
    If if is a mistake then that is unfortunate, but 3 seems careless..Oscar Wilde might say so at least.
    Carry on anyway ...

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    If you want to get technical, NONE of my topics had anything to do with DRATs, one was a medley of Supremes performances featuring Florence, the 2nd was a live recording of the Jean/Cindy/Mary lineup and one topic didn't even have anything to do with Motown: it was covering Florence's songs recorded with ABC.

Go be a plague on someone else's house you pompous windbag.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    I'll discuss this with Lowell to see if we can open up a special room.
    That would be great Ralph! Right now it's like "Diana Ross World" LOL!!!!

I only have one song by him, his big hit "Ooo Wee, I Love You". It's a childhood favorite.
    You don't have "Open the Door to Your Heart"?

So you started 3 threads about
    1. Cindy Birdsong
    2. Supremes Medley
    3. Florence Ballard
    And none of that relates to DRATS.?

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    1. Yes. No DRATs as the lineup was Jean, Mary and Cindy.

2. The Supremes: not the DRATs.

3. Florence Ballard's post-Motown attempts to forge a solo career.

Not seeing any drats, except "Drats, that pedantic fool is still trying to start something with me."

Well, that needs to end too.

If enough of we vets speak up, maybe Ralph will finally be compelled to do something about it. I remember what this forum was like in the early 2000s before the DRATS people came in.
    The DRATS people came here from Yahoo when all of those old groups kind of went defunct.

Quote Originally Posted by Coppelia-Birdsong View Post
    If you want to get technical, NONE of my topics had anything to do with DRATs, one was a medley of Supremes performances featuring Florence, the 2nd was a live recording of the Jean/Cindy/Mary lineup and one topic didn't even have anything to do with Motown: it was covering Florence's songs recorded with ABC.

Go be a plague on someone else's house you pompous windbag.
    Based on the 'pompus windbag' I presumed you were referring to me but then reconsidered Anyhoo I'm glad to see your posts wheresoever they turn up!

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Aw thank you, now this is what I come to Soulful Detroit for not being scolded by bad tempered hair-splitters.

Now that I've had my first argument on here, I don't think I'm fit to share my last name with Cindy Birdsong, the sweet Supreme.

Hair splitter?
    You make distinctions about Members of a group called Supremes/ Drats?

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    have you considered getting some sort of hobby

Too busy being obsessed about pink dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by ralpht View Post
    You guys asked for it and it is coming. Check top thread on the main forum.
    Thank you Ralph!

Coppelia-Birdsong Guest
    Well what are you obsessed with? Bath salts? Delusional malcontent.

You seem a very angry person. You have made several personal comments about me. I have just suggested to you that your posts may cause problems to the main SDF forum.
    But after many years we now have a DRATS thread , where you can all get along very happily.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    You don't have "Open the Door to Your Heart"?
    I'm probably confusing Darrell Banks with Fred Hughes again. Yes, I have both.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Thank you Ralph!

AT last! Let's see if this will contain the craziness.

The way I use this forum is to hit the "Headline Topics" button at the top. That way, I see all the post popular threads regardless of the forum they are presented in. Now that the DRATS topics will appear in it, I will stop using the feature.
    Last edited by soulster; 06-13-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Yeah I think a separate DRATS forum is a good idea. Containment brings contentment - at least to me. Who knows, I might even visit now and again.

At the risk of being a wet blanket , and a foreseerer of doom,
    it would seem that all of the "Diana" and all of the "Mary" themed topics will still be in the Motown forum.

Quote Originally Posted by mysterysinger View Post
    Yeah I think a separate DRATS forum is a good idea. Containment brings contentment - at least to me. Who knows, I might even visit now and again.
    At least now you can see the non-"Diana Ross", "Supremes - Free" threads much easier. LOL!!!!

Ralph suggests Drats, Supremes etc above..
    So it seems ALL Supremes related posts in this dedicated forum. Seems sensible.

I see Diana and Mary threads being kept in the Motown forum. Some of them are the very threads that caused this ruckus
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 06-13-2018 at 04:39 PM.

I don’t understand the name of the forum, why can’t it just be named the Supremes forum? I suspect the real issue here is some are annoyed at seeing the name Diana Ross so often, that is the real issue. Why not be men about it and be honest. Both Mary Wilson and Diana Ross have had long solo careers and post about them will still be in the Motown forum and should never be moved to a Diana Ross and the Supremes forum. If they do get moved it only will prove my point. So the reality of the matter is Little to nothing will change. Grown mens feelings about it will still be hurt.You are going to see a flurry of new threads posted and activity in the Motown forum to Prove this was a good decision and in time those threads will be like ghost towns. The only thing new is you will not be able to use DRATS as an excuse for why.

I don’t understand the name of the forum, why can’t it just be named the Supremes forum? I suspect the real issue here is some are annoyed at seeing the name Diana Ross so often, that is the real issue. Why not be men about it and be honest. Both Mary Wilson and Diana Ross have had long solo careers and post about them will still be in the Motown forum and should never be moved to a Diana Ross and the Supremes forum. If they do get moved it only will prove my point. So the reality of the matter is Little to nothing will change. Grown mens feelings about it will still be hurt.You are going to see a flurry of new threads posted and activity in the Motown forum to Prove this was a good decision and in time those threads will be like ghost towns. The only thing new is you will not be able to use DRATS as an excuse for why.
    No. Hopefully some of our former, veteran members will return to the forum. Thank you!

Those old folks ain’t coming back and it has nothing to do with DRATS. No prejudice or ageism, but they are old and have better things to do with the time they have left. That has always been the go to excuse.

Those old folks ain’t coming back and it has nothing to do with DRATS. No prejudice or ageism, but they are old and have better things to do with the time they have left. That has always been the go to excuse.
    I for one think it will be very nice to sign onto the Forum and not have to see all of those "Diana Ross" threads cluttering up the place. Threads about her shopping, her grown kids, her pets etc,etc. LOL!

She left that group almost 40 years ago. Anything she or Mary Wilson are currently doing has nothing to do with that group. Can somebody please tell me what is a child forum?