[REMOVE ADS]

Who Else Did "The Way We Were?"

All of us on here certainly know Barbra's version as well as Gladys', but today on a local radio station I heard a very different version and I am hoping one of you guys will be able to help identify it and maybe even provide a link to it. All I can give you to go on is that it had both male and female vocals, it was very electric sounding or synthesized. At the time I thought something like The Human League. Based on the station I was listening to, no idea at all what era it came from. Any ideas? I am sure I will recognize it if I hear it again.

I'm quite sure that I am the only human being, living or dead, who did not record TWWW.

Gerald Alston made my favorite version of it with the Manhattans on their Love Talk LP.

I don't think either of these are the version I heard, but if there really are that many out there, then we may never know what I heard!

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I'm quite sure that I am the only human being, living or dead, who did not record TWWW.
    You may well be right. I recorded it twice. First time on my debut solo album, and then again as a dance anthem on my collaboration with Calvin Harris. It also appeared on my live at Sydney Opera House album. You need to get into the studio asap!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You may well be right. I recorded it twice. First time on my debut solo album, and then again as a dance anthem on my collaboration with Calvin Harris. It also appeared on my live at Sydney Opera House album. You need to get into the studio asap!!!!
    You will recall a scant few years ago how Barbra BEGGED me to record with her on her duets LP. I couldn't bear to overshadow her version and demurred.

You will recall a scant few years ago how Barbra BEGGED me to record with her on her duets LP. I couldn't bear to overshadow her version and demurred.
    Ha ha. She told me all about this last year at her Hyde Park gig. She remains pissed at you, but her anger is abaiting as time passes by!

Since it’s a local radio station, maybe you can call or email them/ the DJ. Perhaps they can pull up the playlist and give you the info.

I tried that with this exact station one other time. In fact I called within 10 minutes after hearing a song that I was curious about. I got a voice mail greeting, left a message explaining exactly why I was calling, and never heard anything back. So I decided it was not even worth a try this time, especially since I figured out the song title at least. It is no big deal if no one on here can come up with it.

You can probably say the same about "For Once In My Life".

https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/7249
    List of performers who did it

David, a lot of radio stations tend to post their daily playlist log on their website. Perhaps try checking their website?

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/7249
    List of performers who did it
    Holy Sh**! Now I understand the point that Peace n Harmony made at the beginning. So I now officially give up on this quest and will admit when I have been beaten!!!