[REMOVE ADS]

Top 50 Songs list just published is FAKE NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This article came across in my email today so I went through the complete Top 50 songs that they consider as the Top 50. IMO this is FAKE NEWS.

Check this out:

http://www.historybyday.com/pop-cult...d_id=150109008

I had to click through from #50 to #1. How did Motown make out? Poorly.
    The only true Motown song in the Top 50 is #12 What's Going On by Marvin Gaye. The only other Motown legend had #21 Billy Jean by Michael Jackson but this was not on the Motown label.

Absolute garbage in my opinion. First and foremost, I have more than likely only ever heard a small portion of these Top 50. No Supremes, No Temptations, No Martha & the Vandellas, No Stevie Wonder, No Lionel Richie, No Marvelettes, No Contours, No Four Tops, No Jackson 5, No Gladys Knight and the Pips, No Miracles, No David/Jimmy Ruffin, No Spinners, No Jr. Walker & All Stars, No Mary Wells, etc. etc.

Absolutely unbelievable. FAKE NEWS if I ever saw any.

I hate it when they make you click through 50 pages just to see the complete list.

Any time you have to scroll through numerous pages with advertising pop ups. it's merely a sponsored site that someone makes up and the results generally come down to one persons opinion. The word "advertisement continually pops up... They may have consulted other lists to formulate their own list...but when they claim it's scientific, it's really not unless they are more specific with the criteria they used to gather their data... The same sponsors will tomorrow have the same list with the 50 Best NFL Linemen of all time, then the 50 Most SUccessful Hollywood Marriages of All Time etc, etc, etc People find those such lists amusing and the sponsors love it when people bitch about them and complain on other sites. That just means more people will look at the list as their ads pop up...Gotcha

It's no different from any other list. Some great songs, some not so great songs and some I have never heard of! None of these would fit in to my Top 50 if I had one.
    Last edited by copley; 01-29-2019 at 03:15 PM.

Yes, it's only yet another subjective list, but it has always seemed, that before soul / Motown, all general public "top list / hall of fame" things are more subjective to rock before soul / Motown.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    Absolute garbage in my opinion. First and foremost, I have more than likely only ever heard a small portion of these Top 50. No Supremes, No Temptations, No Martha & the Vandellas, No Stevie Wonder, No Lionel Richie, No Marvelettes, No Contours, No Four Tops, No Jackson 5, No Gladys Knight and the Pips, No Miracles, No David/Jimmy Ruffin, No Spinners, No Jr. Walker & All Stars, No Mary Wells, etc. etc.

Absolutely unbelievable. FAKE NEWS if I ever saw any.
    Motown's top acts, who would make a top 50 list, before other personal favorite Motown acts, would be first Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross / Supremes, Temptations, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson / Miracles, Four Tops, Gladys Knight & The Pips, Michael Jackson / Jackson Five, Lionel Richie / Commodores, THEN add in your favorites, which mine would include Martha Reeves & the Vandellas, Edwin Starr, and Rick James.

I dislike the sponsored lists you have to scroll through; I click out of them pretty quick

Eh. I don't feel a type of way... obviously to a new generation, What's Going On really holds up in regards to events happening around us. But it's just a poll.

It's not 'fake news' if those are 'yer 50 favorite songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    Yes, it's only yet another subjective list, but it has always seemed, that before soul / Motown, all general public "top list / hall of fame" things are more subjective to rock before soul / Motown.
    I agree wholeheartedly!