[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Did Mary Make The Dance Club Play Chart?

Billboard is out for November 14 and there is no listing on the OnLine Version of the Chart. There is just the Press Release from October 1.

Are there lower chart numbers that aren't published online?

Jobeterob,we know you don't like Mary Wilson,and it seems like you'll say anything to discredit her,we know what you're doing,most people,are not falling for it,so Stop In The Name Of Love lol
    Last edited by REDHOT; 11-04-2015 at 06:41 PM.

Facts, facts, facts. She either made it or she didn't. Sorry Redhot. It's the same for Diana and Stevie and their latest songs. It's just that they had hits and Mary hasn't. So it matters more for Mary to have a last hurrah, even if it's just on the Dance Club Play Chart.

Do you know if the song made it or not?

Mary's fine. She doesn't ask for defenders. She survived at her chosen career.

Quote Originally Posted by jobeterob View Post
    Facts, facts, facts. She either made it or she didn't. Sorry Redhot. It's the same for Diana and Stevie and their latest songs. It's just that they had hits and Mary hasn't. So it matters more for Mary to have a last hurrah, even if it's just on the Dance Club Play Chart.

Do you know if the song made it or not?

Mary's fine. She doesn't ask for defenders. She survived at her chosen career.

She's going to make the charts, so don't worry about it. Stevie and Diane do not have any current releases and I am not worried about that. Mary has had many hits as co-founder of the greatest American group in Pop history. Mary does not think like you do. She is not looking for a last hurrah. Nor is Gladys Knight. They record because they love music, what they are doing and their fans. They are not sitting around on their asses getting big and fat and forgotten!

Marv

Mary has had no hits. Sorry. You won't find a listing.

She might make the Club Play charts; it isn't hard these days and the producers may want it. But it was released October 1. Time is slipping away............again.

Supremester said she has a chance; I believe him. Mary needs a last hurrah because she has had no hurrah since Diane left.

Jobetrob,you post this,so you could start a fight,shame on you,i knew where you were coming from,form the start,Mary Wilson is a successful solo singer,and entertainer.plus it's lot of successful entertainers,who never has a hit record,as a solo artist,but as we all know,Mary has had many hits,as a member of The Supremes,that a fact,you can't change history.again Joebetrob Stop In The Name Of Love lol

Oh come on guys. Let's not start this all over again. It has been a pleasure visiting this forum these past few weeks.
    Personally I would love it if Mary made the dance charts but if she doesn't so what? I will not lose sleep over it. The very fact she has new music out is great news in itself and I would be equally delighted if Diana or Stevie brought out new music.
    Please stay positive.

Just heard. Check the Nov 21st dance club song charts and see who debuts at #45 [[hint hint lol)

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Just heard. Check the Nov 21st dance club song charts and see who debuts at #45 [[hint hint lol)
    You go blackguy69i! LOL!

Jobeterob, I told you.......................

Quote Originally Posted by blackguy69 View Post
    Is this the first time she made it on her own?

it came across on my news feed earlier today. better late than never

She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jillfoster View Post
    Love Whitney! LOL!!!!

Here's a brief message from Mary she posted to Facebook:

A brief message from Mary. . Congratulations to our Diva!

WE DID IT! My first entry on any Billboard chart since 1979. Sweet Feet Music & Mary Wilson debuted at #45 on Billboard Dance Club Songs chart with “Time To Move On”. None of this would have been possible without thanking the following people: my longtime friend Leee John, for writing a great song and for encouraging me to record it. The San Francisco team at Sweet Feet Music have been invaluable; Michael Cerchiai, Leo Frappier, Jon Loren Chusid, and of course Paul Brewer,for making this entire project happen. Thank all of you.

Special thanks to the teams at Citrusonic Los Angeles [[Orlando Puerta & Maria Marquez), Pop Fidelity [[Luke Nutley), and May I Be FRANK, Inc. [[Frank A Ceraolo) for taking on this project and making it the success it has become. To the incredible team of remixers that have contributed their talents, and to all the DJs for your support. Also to Sandra Bernhard at SiriusXM Radio for a great interview.
    And to all my loyal fans througout my career as a Supreme and as a solo artist, dreams do come true.

Here are the CD covers for Mary's new CD:

For the remixes:

Attachment 10609

and

Attachment 10610

Very cool for her to make Billboard for the first time in 36 years.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    Very cool for her to make Billboard for the first time in 36 years.
    Isn't it wonderful? There is a definite lesson behind all of this. When I bought "Red Hot" back in 1979, I would never have guessed that in 2015 I'd be buying "the new Mary Wilson" record. LOL!

This makes Mary a current artist I would imagine. She's always been current to me.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    She's been making it on her own for 39 years now. Having a hit "record" is not the only thing that constitutes making it in the entertainment business. Mary does so much more than just record. She is a big star because of her talent and drive.
    Then why do you always bring it up that Diana hasn't had a hit record since 1985? But when it comes to Mary it's not important. You also said it was no big deal when Diana hit the top 40 Pop Billboard albums chart in 2007 at number 32. Now all of sudden hitting the dance chart at number 45 is so great! Don't get me wrong I am happy for Mary and root for all Supremes to have success. But you sure do have a double standard when it comes to Diana Ross.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Then why do you always bring it up that Diana hasn't had a hit record since 1985? But when it comes to Mary it's not important. You also said it was no big deal when Diana hit the top 40 Pop Billboard albums chart in 2007 at number 32. Now all of sudden hitting the dance chart at number 45 is so great! Don't get me wrong I am happy for Mary and root for all Supremes to have success. But you sure do have a double standard when it comes to Diana Ross.
    When Diane becomes an Ambassador and devotes her time to endless Charities and events, I will then give her credit. Oh and if she ever writes a readable book, then too.

It's been since 1984, but who's counting?

It's been since 1984, but who's counting?
    You must be counting but "Missing you" was recorded in 1984 and hit the top ten in the spring of 1985. April 13, 1985 Billboard Pop top ten.
    Last edited by vgalindo; 11-07-2015 at 03:32 AM.

You must be counting but "Missing you" was recorded in 1984 and hit the top ten in the spring of 1985. April 13, 1985 Billboard Pop top ten.
    This thread is about Mary Wilson. You're just trying to start trouble. There are several other threads if you want to chat about that woman. We keep having to deal with this. Why?

Isn't it wonderful? There is a definite lesson behind all of this. When I bought "Red Hot" back in 1979, I would never have guessed that in 2015 I'd be buying "the new Mary Wilson" record. LOL!
    Funny how things work, huh?

Also, can people PLEASE stop bringing up Diana's chart numbers just because??? This is the exact sh*t Lowell and Ralph were talking about...

Funny how things work, huh?
    Midnightman, it is funny. I can remember Mary Wilson being interviewed by Charlie Rose on CBS back in the 80s and she made the comment......."sometimes nice girls finish first.......last"! LOL! She was speaking of herself.

Midnightman, it is funny. I can remember Mary Wilson being interviewed by Charlie Rose on CBS back in the 80s and she made the comment......."sometimes nice girls finish first.......last"! LOL! She was speaking of herself.
    Lol she knew what was up.

Lol she knew what was up.
    I think she did too. I am also trying to figure out which one of these multiple remixes I like best.

Here are the CD covers for Mary's new CD:

For the remixes:

Attachment 10609

and

Attachment 10610
    Hey! I can't find the CD anywhere on line to purchase..any clues???

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    Thank you theboyfromxtown....................I'm buying it!

Jobeterob. To answer your original question.....YES! Mary Wilson has made the Billboard Dance Club Charts. Isn't that wonderful? LOL!!!!

Yes it did make the charts. For those who questioned the authenticity of it it would be nice to hear an apology. Yea right. The the more I hear it the more I like it. How many other divas are making the charts at 71? That was great Marv per the Rose interview. If anyone deserves it, its Mary Wilson. Dreams do come true!

Quote Originally Posted by luke View Post
    Yes it did make the charts. For those who questioned the authenticity of it it would be nice to hear an apology. Yea right. The the more I hear it the more I like it. How many other divas are making the charts at 71? That was great Marv per the Rose interview. If anyone deserves it, its Mary Wilson. Dreams do come true!
    You ain't gettin' no apology! She did it, that is what matters most to me. I am loving it! I hope they will now not only record new material on her, but also take a look back at some of her previously released songs such as "Turn Around" and " The One I Love".

There are not many making it at 71. Yeah I liked the Charlie Rose interview. She also him not to mess with her, cause if he did...............she'll write a book about him! It was said as a joke and she and Charlie cracked up. LOL!!!!

For all the talk of Mary breaking onto the chart this week at age 71, It's worth noting the number one single on it is sung in part by 67 year old Olivia Newton John & her daughter Chloe Lattanzi. Club play at least doesn't seem to age out our veteran performers the way pop & r&b radio does these days. Its ONJ's first number one on the club chart and first chart topper in any Billboard genre since Physical in 1981.

Yes Mary Wilson is back on the Billboard dance chart,with a brand new video,i'm loving Time To Move On,make no mistake,Mary Wilson is a Survivor,i'm so happy for her,but i must say,i'm not surprised,because she got the drive,always working it.a lot of people are pisssst off,because Mary is making it on her own,they are nothing but haters,Congratulation Mary Wilson.i just hope Mary,keep on doing what shes doing,singing and entertaining,because Mary Wilson is Motown Royalty,shes The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Yes Mary Wilson is back on the Billboard dance chart,with a brand new video,i'm loving Time To Move On,make no mistake,Mary Wilson is a Survivor,i'm so happy for her,but i must say,i'm not surprised,because she got the drive,always working it.a lot of people are pisssst off,because Mary is making it on her own,they are nothing but haters,Congratulation Mary Wilson.i just hope Mary,keep on doing what shes doing,singing and entertaining,because Mary Wilson is Motown Royalty,shes The Best.
    Yeah, that may even include the guy that started this thread being that he refuses to acknowledge that we've or rather Mary Wilson has answered his question! LOL!!!

This the "Tweeka Turner Supreme Diva Mix" has taken over as my favorite mix of the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    This link is for the MP3 tracks. The question continues to be how we can buy a CD and support Mary's sales. What are they waiting for to release the CD????????

Silly question: is anyone able to provide a link to the Billboard chart where Mary's single is listed?

Thank you.

Mary does indeed deserve this. If you had told me 5 or even 10 years ago that Mary would make the Billboard chart I would have laughed in your face. We all owe it to Mary to purchase this. She has given us so much pleasure over the years without getting ample reward. Luke, you are correct. Dreams DO come true.

Mary, I think you have to sign onto Billboard's subscription to get the full chart. Some charts are not available as freely, the Dance Club Play chart being one of them.

Ok, I bought the album of remixes last night and this remix here has now taken over as my favorite. It is more laid back and has this spoken part by Mary in there that sounds great. Check out the "[[Paul Goodyear Slammin' Dub) "

Another great mix Time To Move On,Thanks for postin' Marv,love it.

Quote Originally Posted by REDHOT View Post
    Another great mix Time To Move On,Thanks for postin' Marv,love it.
    I agree. Now this remix I could imagine hearing in clubs in Detroit, Brooklyn, Philly etc. It brings it down a notch so old folks me can groove to it. LOL~!

Mary, I think you have to sign onto Billboard's subscription to get the full chart. Some charts are not available as freely, the Dance Club Play chart being one of them.
    Thank you midnightman. I was just looking for some verifiable proof that Mary indeed is charting. I'm not trying to come across as a naysayer, but seeing is believing. It would also be nice to watch the track move up [[or down) the chart.

I swear I saw something just the other day that Mary's single is charting as of late-November. I am curious how that works; how do they know where it will place 2-3 weeks from now.

Mary,

The chart dated 11-21 reflects activity from Friday Oct.30th to Thursday Nov. 5th. The dates may vary slightly for Dance Club Play as that is still compiled via the old school way - playlist and reported activity rather than measured airplay or spins. While it's great that everyone is buying Mary's track the way to get it up this particular chart is to get down to the local club and request they play it. Sales have nothing to do with it. Increased requests and activity will get the DJ's who report to Billboard to list it higher hence it goes up the chart. Billboard has post dated their charts for years due to the time needed to process the data and for the lag time in getting physical issues mailed out....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenpwood View Post
    Mary,

The chart dated 11-21 reflects activity from Friday Oct.30th to Thursday Nov. 5th. The dates may vary slightly for Dance Club Play as that is still compiled via the old school way - playlist and reported activity rather than measured airplay or spins. While it's great that everyone is buying Mary's track the way to get it up this particular chart is to get down to the local club and request they play it. Sales have nothing to do with it. Increased requests and activity will get the DJ's who report to Billboard to list it higher hence it goes up the chart. Billboard has post dated their charts for years due to the time needed to process the data and for the lag time in getting physical issues mailed out....
    See all of the wonderful things you learn on SDF? I had no idea; I appreciate the explanation!