[REMOVE ADS]

The supremes - let yourself go [[deep connection 2020 'swingin' club mix)

Hypnotic.........!

This song reached Number FIVE, on Billboard's Hot Disco Chart, November 13th, 1976. The original version of this song [[Produced by Brian Holland, of Motown Records) and was so ahead of it's time. With such a funky and soulful, infectious groove.

Its got that club beat which I can get used to, but wouldn't choose over the original. The vocals are a bit far away-sounding. Not bad though!!!! Bit of a banger.

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Its got that club beat which I can get used to, but wouldn't choose over the original. The vocals are a bit far away-sounding. Not bad though!!!! Bit of a banger.
    I agree with the vocals being too far down in the mix.

I think I hear Mary’s whoop!!

Quote Originally Posted by detmotownguy View Post
    I think I hear Mary’s whoop!!
    We have our ears trained to hear our girl! LOL!!!

Not for me...I like to slow the original LP track down a bit

Let Yourself Go is one of my all-time favorite Supremes songs. it's a spectacular disco track and a crime it didn't chart better. Should have been the follow up to I'm Gonna Let My Heart Do The Walking. while the other HE tracks are very nice, none had the sound or excitement of Walking. And Wheel wasn't an appropriate follow up either.

I've always wished there was a 12" version of LYG. Because so much of the ending is their ad libs and all, i don't think you could simply extended that. I wonder if around 1:55 or 2:22 in the original LP version you could have done a "break down." sort of like in the middle of Diana's The Boss 12". The track would drop to just bass and some percussion, then slowly add in more parts and build back up to the final chorus.

Agree...sounds funky..but vocals are burried....

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    Agree...sounds funky..but vocals are burried....
    I agree. The vocals need to be brought up more in this mix and it is a winner!

My brother built his sound system from scratch and played with the mix as best he could. It sounded great. Great mix for the club!