[REMOVE ADS]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I too have received an email stating my order has been shipped by DHL. My opinion of DHL is that it is not as fast as UPS. According to the tracking that I did it arrived 12/18 at their shipping parner facility in Melrose Park, Illinois. At this point and based upon past DHL track records, I do not expect until after Christmas. Glad it wasn't a Christmas gift I wanted to give to someone.

Yeah, DHL isn’t as fast as UPS or FedEx. They often pair up with the US Postal Service where DHL does the long distance shipping and then the USPS takes it from a regional point and delivers locally. It doesn’t speed things up—it usually adds a day or so. My feeling is if you want things delivered promptly/quickly, you go with UPS or FedEx. Unfortunately, we weren’t offered delivery options on this.

Shipping on a Monday from the Midwest US [[tracking indicated “Central Standard Time”), I’d think it would be to California by Friday. Instead, with DHL, I’ll hope for delivery by next week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by danman869 View Post
    Yeah, DHL isn’t as fast as UPS or FedEx. They often pair up with the US Postal Service where DHL does the long distance shipping and then the USPS takes it from a regional point and delivers locally. It doesn’t speed things up—it usually adds a day or so. My feeling is if you want things delivered promptly/quickly, you go with UPS or FedEx. Unfortunately, we weren’t offered delivery options on this.

Shipping on a Monday from the Midwest US [[tracking indicated “Central Standard Time”), I’d think it would be to California by Friday. Instead, with DHL, I’ll hope for delivery by next week sometime.
    Checking delivery status again this morning, it has updated to say that mine will deliver on Saturday, 12/23. Surprise, surprise.

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*...ce=ExactTarget

For sale in Europe also!
    Just put in my order.
    Last edited by jack020; 12-20-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Great... So I spend nearly £55 trying to get a copy from U.S.A that I don't even know if I'm going to get because it's a limited edition [[ where I've got to wait 90 days for a refund if I don't receive it) when I could have got it cheaper if I had waited [[ not knowing if it would have sold out in the U.S.A) now I can't afford to order another copy not knowing if I will receive it already.. I feel totally and utterly ripped off.. I've had it.. I've supported these releases all the way through.. Well now they can kiss my arse if this is how us fans get treated.

Anyone with queries of their order can go to their Help page, click on 'Any other questions', and tell them your query ...I just have...!

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/help/

Thanks grapevine but we shouldnt have to go all through this rubbish to purchase a frickin cd...they are quick enough to take our money tho.

I was pleasantly surprised that Christmas arrived -Motown Unreleased 1966 came today. I had ordered it on Dec. 1 using PayPal but never received confirmation of any kind. My email inquiry wielded the same form letter others got.
    I haven't listened to it yet. But after opening it, offer one piece of advice. The 2 top cd's sit elevated over the bottom in a fashion such that the bottom 2 cds are covered partially by the top and must not only be gently pried from the spindle but tilted under the upper covering in order to remove.
    Great essay by Keith and a few new photos & several from TCMSC, other reissues, and those we've seen many times over.

If weren't so busy today, I'd sit down & listen to it straight through now. Perhaps I can fit in a few bits & pieces.
    Last edited by luckyluckyme; 12-21-2017 at 12:58 PM.

I find this humorous, but those who have not yet received their set will probably not.
    I received a response to my e-mail inquiry of Dec 17 from FH Customer Care [[after my set had been in my possession for about a couple of hours) asking in which online store I made my purchase, as well my order number. After these are provided, they will look into it...
    Once again the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing at Universal.
    For those awaiting their copy, it hope it arrives very soon- especially those who, like me, never received a confirmation from Universal or FH.

Question for Keith Hughes or associates:

On cd 1 track 9- 'That'll Be the Day' , when Kim comes in for her first verse "When it's easy and smart to pick the rose", at :47, there are 2 voices heard singing the word 'smart'. It sounds male- whose voice is it? David Ruffin? Someone else?
    And am I hearing Kim joining in the background with the male singers from time to time- or is it just my imagination?

I got a notice that my product had shipped and yes, it looks like DHL is indicating it is handing it off to the USPS somewhere in Illinois. I don't see an anticipated delivery date but maybe there will be one after the hand off to USPS.

I see on the ad from the UME web site it now shows a release date of January 19, 2018!

https://store.udiscovermusic.com/*/*...66/5QYK0000000

I wonder, is this already a 2nd pressing? That'd be good news!

Another question for Keith Hughes & associates:
    At DFTMC, "Keep Away" recorded in 1966 by Little Lisa is listed as being published by Jobete on 27- May-70.
    Why the delay? Does this indicate that there is still another version by some other artist[[s) that was recorded in 1970 that is yet to be heard by the general public?

A question for Keith Hughes and associates or anyone who receives their copy:

Are the photos of the Spinners [[pg. 27) and the Underdogs [[pg. 28) not exactly right [[too light) in your booklet? It appears to be a printing error that was not caught. Anyone? If there is an additional pressing, will this be corrected & will corrected copies be sent to those who already purchased the set?

Now that I'm finding a little time to listen to the set, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. And it's good to have the mono mixes of Brenda's tracks to contrast with the stereo on her Spellbound Collection.
    Great thanks to all involved in getting this available to us despite the [[universal) glitches.

I'll try and answer the questions in due course, but ... it's Christmas! My big goal is to try and publish the 1967 track list before The Day - on the appropriate thread, of course! Tomorrow, I hope.

Meantime, a question FROM me: luckyluckyme, are you in the UK? Has anyone in the UK received their copy of the 1966 box?
    Last edited by keith_hughes; 12-22-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keith_hughes View Post
    I'll try and answer the questions in due course, but ... it's Christmas! My big goal is to try and publish the 1967 track list before The Day - on the appropriate thread, of course! Tomorrow, I hope.

Meantime, a question FROM me: luckyluckyme, are you in the UK? Has anyone in the UK received their copy of the 1966 box?
    Not heard anything on this Keith. No mailings, no responses to my emails. All I have is an entry on my account page which shows the box set as "Logistics", whatever that means!

Hi Keith I'm from the UK and I haven't received my copy or any any form of notice that I will.

I
    No, Keith I'm from Pennsylvania, U.S.A.. The shipping address label shows the package as coming from Pleasant Prairie. WI. but I can't determine the date it was sent anywhere on the packaging.

Just listened to my copy in it's entirety and I'm impressed.I thoroughly enjoyed Keith Hughes's essay which revealed over 600 tracks were recorded in 1966.It made me want to listen to the digital rundown reels these tracks were extracted from.I believe him and Harry could've gone past 80,but that's just me.I have to give ITunes credit too because their files aren't that inferior compared to the lossless content. Overall i'm happy though. Ready for 1967.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    Hi Keith I'm from the UK and I haven't received my copy or any any form of notice that I will.
    I contacted Udiscover and left a message as to the state of my order by giving them my PayPal payment details.
    Guess what?
    I haven't had a reply.
    Evidently this is what happens when a company just gets too big!

I haven't even had a complimentary copy, which as co-producer I kind of, uh, thought they might send me. I ordered one for a friend through PayPal, and have heard nothing. I'm only saying this in case you think I'm part of the conspiracy!

But I'm glad to hear there ARE copies, and that the luckylucky ones are enjoying them.

I haven't even had a complimentary copy, which as co-producer I kind of, uh, thought they might send me. I ordered one for a friend through PayPal, and have heard nothing. I'm only saying this in case you think I'm part of the conspiracy!

But I'm glad to hear there ARE copies, and that the luckylucky ones are enjoying them.
    Keith,

I hope your luck changes really soon. I know you'll enjoy the set as the few of us who have received it already
    do.

Boy does that feel odd typing this to someone who had such a great hand in this but does not even have his own copy.

Lakedistriclad ive contacted them too and heard nothing back at all.

Surprised mine arrived today [[Friday)

Well, that's great! Don't even get the producer a few complimentary copies!

Guys, try and be a little patient. I don't have my copy yet either, but I don't think Keith should be expected to deal with all our anxiety about when our copies will arrive.

Of course, the UK orders seem to be especially difficult for those folks to track. But hang in there, I'm sure we'll all have our copies soon.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    Keith,

I hope your luck changes really soon. I know you'll enjoy the set as the few of us who have received it already
    do.

Boy does that feel odd typing this to someone who had such a great hand in this but does not even have his own copy.
    Thank you Keith and all people involved that strive to bring us this music. I for one, very much appreciate it.

This release is a new way of releasing Motown material, and a few teething problems are to be expected. Hope that uDiscover have learned some lessons, and if more of the Unreleased series is to be issued in this way that the experience will be smoother for all concerned.

This release is a new way of releasing Motown material, and a few teething problems are to be expected. Hope that uDiscover have learned some lessons, and if more of the Unreleased series is to be issued in this way that the experience will be smoother for all concerned.

Thank you Keith and all people involved that strive to bring us this music. I for one, very much appreciate it.

Just received confirmation that my copy has shipped from the USA to the UK!!!

That's excellent news, Booty! I take it you ordered through Paypal. Haven't heard anything myself yet, but I will continue to hope, and will get back to the vexed question of the running order for "Motown Girls 3" tomorrow with renewed vigour.

Good to hear about MG3 Keith, and yes, paid via Paypal.

Confirmation email received at 2.15am this morning.

Motown Unreleased - 1966- box set, ordered on December 16th from UDiscover by PayPal, has been shipped to me in the UK, via DHL, and with tracking number shown.
    Last edited by westgrandboulevard; 12-27-2017 at 06:37 AM.

Yippee I too have had an email from UDiscover that my CD order has shipped to the UK. Happy New Year hopefully.

Well, now after lecturing everyone not to complain, I am going to complain myself. For the past week, my order of Motown Unreleased 1966 shows as

On Its Way to USPS

December 20, 2017 at 3:07 am
    Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

MELROSE PARK, IL 60160

Of course the Universal web site has no phone number to call to inquire after orders, only an email address. I sent an inquiry which I will be very surprised if anyone answers.

I don't see how the shipment could be sitting with DHL for a week and not handed over to USPS. It seems ludicrous.

I'd like to cancel my order and place it again, but I have no idea how to go about it. I hate to just wait because it looks like there's no recourse. Of course, it's possible the set could sell out while my order gets lost somewhere in transit also.

Keith, is there anything you can do here to help?

[[Signed) the Hypocrite [[!)

Kenneth, I don't know if they would let you cancel it at this point. I had a few things that had this for over a week. It usually means they have packaged it and affixed the postage-paid label but have not yet brought it to the post office for shipping. And, of course, I have had one item that said that for a couple of weeks - even after it was delivered to me! I hope you receive it soon - or at least get notification that it is further on its way.

That's excellent news, Booty! I take it you ordered through Paypal. Haven't heard anything myself yet, but I will continue to hope, and will get back to the vexed question of the running order for "Motown Girls 3" tomorrow with renewed vigour.
    Duh, have I missed something? “Motown Girls 3???” When is this coming?

And most importantly, thanks be to Keith Hughes for his numerous and sincere efforts on behalf of Motown fans! He deserves a raise!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thommg View Post
    Kenneth, I don't know if they would let you cancel it at this point. I had a few things that had this for over a week. It usually means they have packaged it and affixed the postage-paid label but have not yet brought it to the post office for shipping. And, of course, I have had one item that said that for a couple of weeks - even after it was delivered to me! I hope you receive it soon - or at least get notification that it is further on its way.
    Thanks @thommg, I guess that's some assurance. Looks like a pretty inefficient system. And they wonder why Amazon dominates online purchasing the way it does. At least with Amazon you almost always know where your stuff is!

Kenneth, there's not a thing I can do, I'm sorry to say. I don't have ANY influence in that area, my work on Universal projects ends when the product goes to the "vendors" [[in this case, uDiscover).

WestGrand, MysterySinger: VERY glad to hear the box is finally shipping to the UK. I got my confirmation today, and am looking forward to listening again - I've forgotten half the stuff that's on it!

longtimefan, I HOPE Girls 3 will be released in March. Mixing completed, and the essay notes are, er, nearly finished!

Well thanks anyway Keith.

[QUOTE=kenneth;432378] For the past week, my order of Motown Unreleased 1966 shows as

On Its Way to USPS
    [QUOTE]

Kenneth,

So sorry to hear of your dilemma.
    As Universal has not responded to your inquiry, I wonder if you've reached out to your local post office and the major shipping/sorting facility that services it. Perhaps they can advise you whether it has/has not arrived there.
    With all the mail delivered around Christmas, it could have easily gotten misplaced. Or we hear of so many stolen packages today. Perhaps it was delivered and someone pilferred it. Your post office might verify if it was/was not delivered to your address.
    It would certainly be worth looking into.

@luckyluckyme, thanks. Yes, I'll look into that in another day or 2. I keep hoping it will move off the DHL dock or somehow just show up here!

I received my copy of Motown Unreleased 1966 last Saturday [[I did get a confirmation e-mail from UMusic that my order had shipped on the 18th and would arrive on the 23rd). Thanks to Harry & Keith for putting together the collection [[and giving us a chance to get it on CD). However, it's a shame that many of the people that ordered the set are having problems getting it and I hope everything gets sorted out soon [[or that they get their money refunded if things aren't right).

Quote Originally Posted by luckyluckyme View Post
    A question for Keith Hughes and associates or anyone who receives their copy:

Are the photos of the Spinners [[pg. 27) and the Underdogs [[pg. 28) not exactly right [[too light) in your booklet? It appears to be a printing error that was not caught. Anyone? If there is an additional pressing, will this be corrected & will corrected copies be sent to those who already purchased the set?

Now that I'm finding a little time to listen to the set, I'm thoroughly enjoying it. And it's good to have the mono mixes of Brenda's tracks to contrast with the stereo on her Spellbound Collection.
    Great thanks to all involved in getting this available to us despite the [[universal) glitches.
    I've noticed that the pictures of The Spinners & The Underdogs look 'faded out' compared to the other photos in the set. It's an unfortunate error, however since this collection is a 'limited edition' release, I doubt that UME will do anything to correct the pictures.
    Last edited by Motown Eddie; 12-29-2017 at 12:53 PM.

I'm glad to say my copy finally moved after 2 weeks of no change in status, and should be delivered if not tomorrow, then right after the holiday. All's well that ends well [[I think someone once said!).

I've still not heard a word...no reply to my email and no confirmation.

can somebody please help me..could somebody tell me how to contact universal directly as im not computer literate and i want to ask for a refund...ive looked on UDiscover and cant remember how i found how to contact them..ive looked through my emails and cant find my original email to them regarding my order of UR 1966..I have a job that pays minimum wage and i have to save hard to buy these releases and im so pissed off that my money has been taken yet ive heard nothing...thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by mowsville View Post
    can somebody please help me..could somebody tell me how to contact universal directly as im not computer literate and i want to ask for a refund...ive looked on UDiscover and cant remember how i found how to contact them..ive looked through my emails and cant find my original email to them regarding my order of UR 1966..I have a job that pays minimum wage and i have to save hard to buy these releases and im so pissed off that my money has been taken yet ive heard nothing...thanks in advance.
    1. I found this on their webpage.... contact.ume@umusic.com

2. Keith, I know your out of it at this point, but coukd you give this unlucky guy any leads?

Good luck, mowsville.

Thank you so much Longtimefan...your help is very much apprediated..i will try sending an email..i just hope im still able to get a copy.

Has anyone here in the U.K had an email or the item delivered yet? I haven't. I've tried emailing but got no response.
    On the back of this, I certainly won't be bothering with MU1967.

UDiscover emailed me 27 Dec to say my order had shipped, and I live in the UK. I think the postage I paid was $5.50, so I shouldn't be surprised if it was travelling by sea: their email just said "Shipping Method: Standard Mail - Fixed". Not "Air Mail".

My order said it's not released in the UK until 19th January 2018.