[REMOVE ADS]

Gloria Jones: Come Go With Me LP on CD

Gloria Jones' Come Go With Me album has been issued on CD in Japan. It was released at the end of April and can be found on Ebay etc. It's in a mini LP replica package.

Here's a link to where I purchased mine. I haven't been able to find it on CD Japan but I think I did see it also listed on HMV Japan. They have added on two bonus tracks. This is its first CD issue.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371958256815

Thanks for posting the link. I'm glad they've gone with the mono mix - I hate hearing the drums tucked away in one channel as per most 1960s stereo. Let us know how it sounds.

I have Irma Thomas' "Wish Someone Would Care" album from the same label [[Oldays), also in mono. It sounds good to my ears. I wish I knew how to contact them to suggest that they put out the follow up, "Take a Look", in mono as well.

I'm also interested in Oldays' release of James Ray's one and only album. They've gone with the mono mix for that as well. If anyone has it, I'd like to know how it sounds.

Name:  Glo 1.jpg
Views: 1245
Size:  91.0 KBName:  Glo 2.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  94.9 KB

I order a copy a week ago it was shipped and is on it's way. Since the album only consisted of nine tracks I'm glad that they added the Champion single, it fits right in and should have been part of the LP. It will be nice to replace my old DVR I burned years ago. I never did buy a stereo copy of this record and always wondered it sounded like. Gloria was not aware that this album had been reissued on CD, but was really excited to hear the great news. I just really hope that the sound is good.

Name:  gloriajonesep.jpg
Views: 1203
Size:  30.2 KB
    EP Cover

Name:  gloriajones.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  23.4 KB

Got my copy it sounds pretty good! I only wish I could read Japanese.

This is indeed a great album, and if you are reluctant to pay out for the Japanese import it may be worth waiting for the UK reissue which is currently in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    This is indeed a great album, and if you are reluctant to pay out for the Japanese import it may be worth waiting for the UK reissue which is currently in the works.
    Now you tell me!

The UK reissue label will more likely go for the stereo mix, if the tapes are available. So this Oldays reissue may turn out to have a unique selling point. Also, it's reasonably priced [[depending on postage costs).

Glad to hear the Oldays reissue has decent sound.
    Last edited by smallworld; 06-11-2017 at 02:11 PM.

I'm glad to hear a UK label is doing a legitimate reissue, because "Oldays" titles are bootlegs.
    Sad to see so many bootleg Soul titles around these days.

I got the Japanese import. I'm happy with it. It's a bit short although so was the original album

Quote Originally Posted by theboyfromxtown View Post
    I got the Japanese import. I'm happy with it. It's a bit short although so was the original album
    I'm with you Boy it's not bad. Thank God for the two extra tracks to fill it in a bit. Nice to have Bad Boy on CD. Who's releasing the UK version?

That's what I want to know. Which UK label is releasing it

Quote Originally Posted by DBF View Post
    "Oldays" titles are bootlegs.
    How did you come to this conclusion?

See here https://www.discogs.com/label/1017105-Oldays-Records
    They release titles that are Public Domain in Japan [[released 50+ years ago)
    Take a look at the scans of their covers - no Licensing credits.

If the fact they're reissued Dave Clark's albums wasn't enough of a giveaway

Now you tell me!
    Sorry my friend!! It will likely be 2018 before it is actually cleared for release, but it will be the stereo mix.

Sorry my friend!! It will likely be 2018 before it is actually cleared for release, but it will be the stereo mix.
    Considering the album tops out at circa 20 minutes, they should put out both the mono and stereo mixes. Perhaps you might suggest that to TPTB, if you get the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by smallworld View Post
    Considering the album tops out at circa 20 minutes, they should put out both the mono and stereo mixes. Perhaps you might suggest that to TPTB, if you get the chance.
    Agreed. And there's no reason why bonus tracks can't also be added.

I suspect that is what will happen along with a handful of bonus tracks. These items take forever to gain clearance and i must stress that that the cd is still subject to lots of copyright issues, but it will all be worthwhile eventually.

Agreed. And there's no reason why bonus tracks can't also be added.
    Especially as Gloria's Minit sides fall under the same Capitol/EMI umbrella as her Uptown album.

I have Irma Thomas' "Wish Someone Would Care" album from the same label [[Oldays), also in mono.
    I should add that it has recently come to my attention that Oldays' reissue of the "Wish Someone Would Care" album is only in mono because they folded down the original stereo mixes [[!). I'm glad that I held off buying their James Ray reissue, not to mention their Gloria Jones CD.
    Last edited by smallworld; 01-21-2018 at 11:28 AM.

Capitol have released Come Go With Me as a digital download. Hopefully, Gloria Jones will see some royalties from this release, as opposed to the bootleg release.

Name:  41Vuyl3pWoL._SS500.jpg
Views: 699
Size:  23.0 KB

1. Come Go With Me
    2. Finders Keepers
    3. Heartbeat [[Pt.s 1 & 2)
    4. Run One Flight Of Stairs
    5. Yes, I Really Love You
    6. How Do You Tell An Angel
    7. Only You
    8. I Will Always Remember
    9. True Love

I have a question, about the album and the song "Heartbeat", it contains the two parts. I remember, that an CD excits, with Various artists which contains only the first part, maybe somebody can help me, well I think it was a totally another track, is that right ?

The album version [[4:17) of "Heartbeat" is on Rhino's Soul Shots Volume 2 CD. An edit occurs at around 2:17, which dispenses with the final lyrics just before the fade of Part 1 [[Gloria and the background singers belting out "Yeah! Yeah! YEAH!" together, followed by Jones' spoken "Alright now, chile"). I haven't compared Part 2 to the latter part of the album version.

As for other CD appearances of the track: I can't see any on Discogs, which doesn't mean there aren't any, of course.

Part 1

Album version

This is indeed a great album, and if you are reluctant to pay out for the Japanese import it may be worth waiting for the UK reissue which is currently in the works more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamilah View Post
    This is indeed a great album, and if you are reluctant to pay out for the Japanese import it may be worth waiting for the UK reissue which is currently in the works more.

Thank you Kamilah. That is a word for word copy of my earlier post in this thread!

Thank you Kamilah. That is a word for word copy of my earlier post in this thread!
    Yeah don't worry Blue, I think Kamilah is here to advertise infrared heaters or whatever. Is 'advert bot' the correct term?

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yeah don't worry Blue, I think Kamilah is here to advertise infrared heaters or whatever. Is 'advert bot' the correct term?
    Perhaps Tom! It just seemed strange to requote my post. What do you say Kamilah?

I seem to remember "Heartbeat [[Part 2)" had an endearing fade-in which was absent on the vinyl album. This would have been one of my all-time favourite LPs if the total playing time hadn't been so short.

Is the Capitol download mono or stereo?