[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ross visability

Ross visability

I was watching a barbra streisand special on Netflix as well as a dolly parton documentary.
    Dolly also has several christmas movies and specials..
    But no Ross.
    What's up. Is it Diana. Is it universal......licensing issue s....
    Seems same old same old

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    I was watching a barbra streisand special on Netflix as well as a dolly parton documentary.
    Dolly also has several christmas movies and specials..
    But no Ross.
    What's up. Is it Diana. Is it universal......licensing issue s....
    Seems same old same old
    Easy one. Diana has a large, extended family and prefers to experience this phase of her life with them. In fact, Ross has usually put family before career. Dolly had no children, having put [[in her own words) career over family, and continues to do so. Barbra has one son but no grandchildren, and I don't think whatever special you watched was produced recently. Other than fairly regularly released new albums there seem to be more Streisand 'maybes' than actual, completed projects [[I recently read that her announced-in-1847A.D. remake of 'Gypsy' is finally, totally dead).

Diana had a big 2020 planned, but the Trump Virus intervened. Can't blame the lady for that. Care to add, Mr. B?
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-03-2021 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Easy one. Diana has a large, extended family and prefers to experience this phase of her life with them. In fact, Ross has usually put family before career. Dolly had no children, having put [[in her own words) career over family, and continues to do so. Barbra has one son but no grandchildren, and I don't think whatever special you watched was produced recently. Other than fairly regularly released new albums there seem to be more Streisand 'maybes' than actual, completed projects [[I recently read that her announced-in-1847A.D. remake of 'Gypsy' is finally, totally dead).

Diana had a big 2020 planned, but the Trump Virus intervened. Can't blame the lady for that. Care to add, Mr. B?
    You have pretty much summed it up well. She feels she has pretty much achieved most of her career goals. Her main priorities continue to be her family and her own well being. She has had offers from Netflix but is seemingly not interested. The new album will eventually see the light of day along with the UK tour if and when it is ever deemed to be safe, but it will all be low key in comparison to previous decades. She will not do anything to compromise her health. That's the way it is.
    Dolly continues to be prolific because her career is her life. Ms Ross has no interest in constantly being in the spotlight. Those days are gone. Just be grateful she is still with us.

There's no way Glastonbury or the UK tour can take place this year.

Surely they would be better to cancel it now?

Don't want to give up the tickets until it's confirmed cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    You have pretty much summed it up well. She feels she has pretty much achieved most of her career goals. Her main priorities continue to be her family and her own well being. She has had offers from Netflix but is seemingly not interested. The new album will eventually see the light of day along with the UK tour if and when it is ever deemed to be safe, but it will all be low key in comparison to previous decades. She will not do anything to compromise her health. That's the way it is.
    Dolly continues to be prolific because her career is her life. Ms Ross has no interest in constantly being in the spotlight. Those days are gone. Just be grateful she is still with us.
    ... and I certainly am glad Ms. Ross is still with us, and luxuriating among the fruits of her labors. As much as I would [[have) loved another concert experience and/or album, I must say it makes me even happier to think of the lady living in comfort and surrounded by a loving family. In the end, that's what life is really about.

And that makes me real happy. Family and health are the best blessings we can receive from our heavenly father. Im glad Miss Ross rejoices in both.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    There's no way Glastonbury or the UK tour can take place this year.

Surely they would be better to cancel it now?

Don't want to give up the tickets until it's confirmed cancelled.
    You are corrrect Florence, but the promoters stand to lose a lot of money if they cancel earlier than they need to. They are still licking their wounds from last years cancellation.
    It's a disgraceful state of affairs. I cannot say too much on a public forum without the risk of consequences.
    Suffice to say i took a private insurance policy last year more as a precaution than anything else. This was prior to covid 19, and i am so glad i did it. I took out another policy late last year to cover this years proposed events. It was way more costly than the previous policy, but it provides full protection which means my charges are fully covered again.
    It's not very ethical , but it is very sensible and practical.

Breaking news.

Only rumours but they've been broadcast on National Radio 5 Live this afternoon that Glastonbury is cancelled.

What year was it, Blue that Diana almost completed the contarct?

Breaking news.

Only rumours but they've been broadcast on National Radio 5 Live this afternoon that Glastonbury is cancelled.

What year was it, Blue that Diana almost completed the contarct?
    Sorry Florence but i don't understand your question?

Speaking of Ross visibility. I thought of SDF today when I was bombarded with Ross “mistakes”. While running errands, I heard Reach out and touch on the radio. Then when I got home and turned on the TV [[airing now on showtime) the Wiz was on.

Agree with everyone thoughts but....I was also thinking...
    TCB.
    Diana
    Stolen moments
    Diana 80
    An evening with
    The now cancelled dvd from 1973
    The big event
    Red hot n blue etc
    Couldn't these be pulled out

Agree with everyone thoughts but....I was also thinking...
    TCB.
    Diana
    Stolen moments
    Diana 80
    An evening with
    The now cancelled dvd from 1973
    The big event
    Red hot n blue etc
    Couldn't these be pulled out
    I don't think she own the rights to any of these except for possibly "diana" [[1981), "Red Hot Rhythm and Blues," and "Stolen Moments." The latter has already been released on vhs and dvd. The first two might be problematic because of the guest stars, with quite a few being deceased.

It would be nice if Diana put out a dvd set of her specials, as Streisand did. But I think Babs owns most of hers and aside from two of them, she was the only performer.

I guess it's possible that she's in "retirement" mode, outside of her love of performing, but personally I think she has that lazy gene that Aretha had. There was always so much more for them to do but they never did it. I look at Diana, the epitome of beauty, femininity, glamour. I mean she was a star's star. No clothing line? No makeup line? Hell, no wig or weave line? Movie career started with a bang and quickly fizzled out. Always "talk" of a movie project but no real action. [[Except maybe the Josephine Baker project, which apparently came with obstacles, probably because she was an actual person.) She did do the perfume, but I read where some [[if not a lot) of people thought it smelled like "old lady", whatever that is.

Of course this is me as a fan. While her clothing and makeup lines would not be anything I would purchase unless as a gift for someone [[but I don't typically give clothes and makeup as gifts, too much personal tastes involved in that kind of purchase so I prefer to leave that to an individual), I would love to see Diana more visible and adding to her success. Understanding her as a human being, I can definitely see where her focus might be family and just smelling the roses at this point in her life. Anything she undertakes now might be for fun vs dollars and cents.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    I guess it's possible that she's in "retirement" mode, outside of her love of performing, but personally I think she has that lazy gene that Aretha had. There was always so much more for them to do but they never did it. I look at Diana, the epitome of beauty, femininity, glamour. I mean she was a star's star. No clothing line? No makeup line? Hell, no wig or weave line? Movie career started with a bang and quickly fizzled out. Always "talk" of a movie project but no real action. [[Except maybe the Josephine Baker project, which apparently came with obstacles, probably because she was an actual person.) She did do the perfume, but I read where some [[if not a lot) of people thought it smelled like "old lady", whatever that is.

Of course this is me as a fan. While her clothing and makeup lines would not be anything I would purchase unless as a gift for someone [[but I don't typically give clothes and makeup as gifts, too much personal tastes involved in that kind of purchase so I prefer to leave that to an individual), I would love to see Diana more visible and adding to her success. Understanding her as a human being, I can definitely see where her focus might be family and just smelling the roses at this point in her life. Anything she undertakes now might be for fun vs dollars and cents.
    Interesting comparison with Aretha. Aretha was always announcing projects that never happened: a guest spot on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, a clothing line, tv specials, a Bessie Smith movie, a Jesse Jackson bio, a musical about her life [[even holding auditions), etc.

By comparison, Diana did do some of the things you mentioned. She had a Simplicity clothing pattern line, a panty hose line, and the deal with MAC cosmetics. I don't know how successful they were, how long they lasted, or why they ended. Like you, they wouldn't be something that I was personally interested in although I did buy the perfume.

IMO, Diana is probably at the point where she can look back and say "I did it. Now I'm with the grandkids." I do think it is criminal that besides Central Park and STOLEN MOMENTS, none of her tv specials are on dvd. Of course, most can be watched on YouTube but it is not the same.

I wish she would participate in the expanded editions, although I wouldn't be surprised if her memory isn't the greatest on those. Many years ago, she said how Europe to her was a stage door in Paris, a theater in London, etc. because she didn't have time to soak it all in. She was always in work mode. I still think she has a good book in her but she isn't going to go down that road.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post
    Interesting comparison with Aretha. Aretha was always announcing projects that never happened: a guest spot on THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS, a clothing line, tv specials, a Bessie Smith movie, a Jesse Jackson bio, a musical about her life [[even holding auditions), etc.

By comparison, Diana did do some of the things you mentioned. She had a Simplicity clothing pattern line, a panty hose line, and the deal with MAC cosmetics. I don't know how successful they were, how long they lasted, or why they ended. Like you, they wouldn't be something that I was personally interested in although I did buy the perfume.

IMO, Diana is probably at the point where she can look back and say "I did it. Now I'm with the grandkids." I do think it is criminal that besides Central Park and STOLEN MOMENTS, none of her tv specials are on dvd. Of course, most can be watched on YouTube but it is not the same.

I wish she would participate in the expanded editions, although I wouldn't be surprised if her memory isn't the greatest on those. Many years ago, she said how Europe to her was a stage door in Paris, a theater in London, etc. because she didn't have time to soak it all in. She was always in work mode. I still think she has a good book in her but she isn't going to go down that road.
    She worked very hard to sustain a very successful career, but once she became a mother her career was no longer her major focus. She continued to work hard to keep her career on track by releasing regular albums throughout the 80's, but by the time of her 2nd marriage she was determined to be a hands on mother again. I canṇt fault her for that. To see her with her children was a joy to behold. All her children totally adored her, and she was so loving and patient with them. For her that was a far greater reward than looking to pursue an additional career in fashion or any other genre. It was certainly not a case of being in any way lazy. She was continuing her career whilst judging the very demanding role of a devoted mother and grandmother. By the 90's she began to fully embrace and appreciate her life rather than living out of a suitcase and barely seeing anything other than Hotel walls and Concert venues. Sure she had regrets, but nothing could compare with the blessings she had and continues to enjoy in her personal life. All that is way more important than any outside ventures.
    She was a very very hard working lady, but i am delighted she always prioritised her home life as her main focus.

anyone that completes 35+ years in a career more than deserves the luxury to live their remaining life as they please. Also singing isn't typically something that is easy to maintain with age. voices change. so i just hope that she occasionally makes some sort of public appearance or activity

Quote Originally Posted by sup_fan View Post
    anyone that completes 35+ years in a career more than deserves the luxury to live their remaining life as they please. Also singing isn't typically something that is easy to maintain with age. voices change. so i just hope that she occasionally makes some sort of public appearance or activity
    I'm sure she will when she feels the time is right, but she has given us decades of entertainment. No fans should feel shortchanged by something they wish she had done. She has accomplished way more than she could ever have envisaged. We should be eternally grateful for enriching our lives rather than nip picking for not doing more than she has.

I'm sure she will when she feels the time is right, but she has given us decades of entertainment. No fans should feel shortchanged by something they wish she had done. She has accomplished way more than she could ever have envisaged. We should be eternally grateful for enriching our lives rather than nip picking for not doing more than she has.
    Bravo. The "lazy" comment is just plain stupxxx ... irrational.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Bravo. The "lazy" comment is just plain stupxxx ... irrational.
    Some people seem to underestimate her achievements. She only had 24 hours in a day. I was in awe of her. She would sometimes rehearse for up to 8 hours before taping a tv performance, and then she would rush off to spend time with the children before putting them to bed. I honestly don't think she had time to give much thought to venturing into other avenues. Her energy levels were astounding, but she was not superwoman. She was human and needed her rest just as we all do.

Quote Originally Posted by reese View Post

Aretha's lazy gene worked a little different than Diana's. I think Diana's was more so her focusing on the music aspect of her career and little else in terms of adding to her wealth and legacy. Aretha on the other hand was just plain lazy, a term I think her brother Vaughn used to describe her fairly accurately. As you outlined, Ree had all those "supposed" projects but nothing materialized. If nothing else, the cookbook and food line should've been out two decades ago. Shame.

Singing doesn't appear to be her problem, although there are definitely times over the years that her voice didn't seem to hold up as well as many of us would've liked. But she still has some ability left. I'm still floored by that performance she gave on the Motown special a couple years ago. Anyway, her still continuing to perform onstage pre-Covid probably has everything to do with the stage being a hard thing to walk away from. She still loves to sing. Of course new music would be welcomed.

Someone mentioned Barbra and Dolly's greater visibility versus Diana's. Two things to consider is that Diana is much more choosy with her projects and rightfully so. I cringe at the thought of Barbra's magnificent movie career ending with the last movie she did, "The Guilt Trip", which contained that awful hot dog eating contest scene. Also, Barbra and Dolly both had very hands-on managers for many years. Barbra has had Jay Landers and Marty Erlichman in her corner for decades. There was an article in a recent Billboard mag about Dolly's incredible manager that she's been with for the last 15 years and how he strategically turned her career around from a slump. Berry was that for Diana...and she has been self managing herself for years. She's set the pace of her own career, so that must be what she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Someone mentioned Barbra and Dolly's greater visibility versus Diana's. Two things to consider is that Diana is much more choosy with her projects and rightfully so. I cringe at the thought of Barbra's magnificent movie career ending with the last movie she did, "The Guilt Trip", which contained that awful hot dog eating contest scene. Also, Barbra and Dolly both had very hands-on managers for many years. Barbra has had Jay Landers and Marty Erlichman in her corner for decades. There was an article in a recent Billboard mag about Dolly's incredible manager that she's been with for the last 15 years and how he strategically turned her career around from a slump. Berry was that for Diana...and she has been self managing herself for years. She's set the pace of her own career, so that must be what she wants.
    I largely agree, Carlo. Though instinct tells me the thread was started as a troll, it's an interesting topic - but each is their own woman and as has been noted previously each has their own life-agenda.

Dolly is [[mostly) deservedly revered, but a lot of her lps are 'whatever'; never bad, just ... whatever. AND ... can we talk about the lip-synching? Or extreme live processing of her vocals for years now? Mr. B can perhaps give us an insider tip on the Glastonbury performance. Dolly's recent, taped performance for Macy's Thanksgiving Parade [[transparency: I was a balloon schlepper in the parade this year) was sooo obviously not an unfiltered, live voice. And, it always must be said: the lady herself has stated for 50 years that career comes first.

Good point about Erlichman and Barbra. Streisand is actually quite picky about her projects, but as she herself frequently states she will deign to take a job when she feels the desire to outbid the Louvre for a small bauble for her modest cottage[[s). And again, not a large family to cook for And ... the most recent release Barbra has on Netflix is 2017's The Music ... The Mem'ries ... The Magic! Not exactly up-to-the-minute material.

Diana, like B and D, is sui generis in terms of her talent and how she handles her career. Her professionalism has been legendary since her teens and her dedication to her family is as well. The lady has earned, and chosen her time to be with family.

We don't consider Stevie, Smokey, Al, etc as 'lazy', now, do we?
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-06-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Singing doesn't appear to be her problem, although there are definitely times over the years that her voice didn't seem to hold up as well as many of us would've liked. But she still has some ability left. I'm still floored by that performance she gave on the Motown special a couple years ago. Anyway, her still continuing to perform onstage pre-Covid probably has everything to do with the stage being a hard thing to walk away from. She still loves to sing. Of course new music would be welcomed.
    true - i wasn't siting a specific situation with Diana. more just in general. all people but especially women undergo vocal changes in their later years. given how iconic Diana's material is, it would be quite sad if she was touring and really not vocally able to handle her songs.

I saw her recent tribute to Berry doing My Man. was gorgeous but i was a little nervous that she might have some issues. but it was wonderful and so emotional

I started this as a ..in my mind ..a legit question.
    I am not a troll.
    Love motown.ross.supremes.
    Just curious as to why no Ross related shows.
    At one point there was going to be a movie about Ross but then it didn't happen. Thought she may want to do a docu like many artists I see on Netflix or show some of her old tv specials

I am not a troll.
    At one point there was going to be a movie about Ross but then it didn't happen. Thought she may want to do a docu like many artists I see on Netflix or show some of her old tv specials
    You did nothing wrong David. We know you are not a troll, and never let it be said you do not learn new things on Soulful Detroit. I have recently learned that Miss Ross is lazy. That is something i never previously knew. You live and learn.

I am not a troll.
    Hi David! The thread seemed troll-y for 2 reasons. Firstly, pretty much anyone who follows this forum would be aware of the big year Diana had scheduled for 2020, before a worldwide pandemic brought those plans to a dead halt. With the way showbiz operates, from mid-March to the end of the year would not have allowed sufficient time for most major performers to have conceived, scheduled, filmed/recorded and publicized new projects. Taylor Swift was able to do so [[twice!) but she has the added advantage of being a songwriter as well as at the peak of her career; Paul McCartney ditto[[ish), though in Paul's case I believe the III lp was already in the planning. Plus, Taylor and Paul's lps were quite under-orchestrated affairs [[and in fact, in Paul's case, completely self-performed). AND ... these are the exceptions.

Secondly, the use of the word 'lazy', which is certainly one adjective that is not really indicative of Ross. If you were wondering why her concert specials were not readily available there would be a much more 'non-troll-y' way to ask the question. Which, in fact, comes up quite frequently here.

Best for 2021!
    Last edited by PeaceNHarmony; 01-06-2021 at 07:52 PM.

I saw her recent tribute to Berry doing My Man. was gorgeous but i was a little nervous that she might have some issues. but it was wonderful and so emotional
    That was my fear. Back in the day she used to kill "My Man". No way was she going to be able to pull it off at this point in her vocal abilities. Boy was I wrong. She shocked the hell out of me. So glad she had such a wonderful vocal performance on national TV and on a high profile show. She showed the world that she still has it.

I am not a troll.
    Oh David, David, David. Good buddy it's time you learned the truth around here. Any time your post is remotely "critical" of Diana Ross...remotely...there are some who will take exception. You are not allowed to suggest anything regarding Diana Ross unless it is along the lines of "smartest", "she's great", "one of the best", "queen among queens". She is a deity for some and so that "criticism" often elicits a response that appears "irrational" to the sane folks. If you continue to question anything about the great and powerful Diana Ross- no matter how many posts you have on this forum stating your love and admiration for her as I know you have- you have to be prepared for name calling and erroneous accusations. A good study is the cult of Donald Trump. To his followers he cannot be criticized or even stood up to, lest they storm the capital. If you don't want the Diana Ross fan version of this showing up on your doorstep, I suggest you create more posts about that psychotic Florence and coke whore Mary. You will not be called names for that. Hope this helps!

Diana Ross Was Lazy.

I am not a troll.
    No sweat david...I for one fully understood the point you were trying to make.
    I have reached the conclusion that a certain poster likes to label other members trolls to cover their own troll like intent. I have previously been labelled a troll and a polluter by this person for simply not liking a particular Ross album track or performance. It’s known as fanaticism dear.
    Its quite sad really as during this persons absence the forum began to settle down and members again felt free to discuss what ever they wanted without fear of being cast as an evil entity from the back of beyond lol.
    Sadly it would seem normal service is resumed.

Yeah, daviddh, don't pay it no mind. When I once posted about passing on buying a certain album, the same person went off and castigated me for a "travesty of a post." Keep it pushing. Those who mind don't matter.
    Last edited by sansradio; 01-07-2021 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Its quite sad really as during this persons absence the forum began to settle down and members again felt free to discuss what ever they wanted without fear of being cast as an evil entity from the back of beyond lol.
    Sadly it would seem normal service is resumed.
    Aint that the truth.

And just to be clear, in case I really didn't do a good job of explaining my point to the sane among you, my reference to La Ross as lazy is along the lines of her having it in her to do more in terms of successes [[or potential successes) outside of "just" making music. In this forum there exists countless posts by one RanRan79 extolling Miss Ross' work ethic, including back and forths with one of our dearly departed who often suggested that she didn't work any harder than anyone else. So I know the lady wasn't in essence "lazy". I believe most of you know that I know that too.

I urge everyone to back down, take a breath, and reconsider harsh words. It has been so pleasant on almost every thread. Do we really want on-going flame wars again? I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by thanxal View Post
    I urge everyone to back down, take a breath, and reconsider harsh words. It has been so pleasant on almost every thread. Do we really want on-going flame wars again? I don't.
    Wise words. Most of us have very serious stuff going on in our lives at the moment. I know i most certainly do, and that is way more important than anything happening on this forum. Life is precious. Let us embrace it and appreciate it whilst we can.

Being labelled a troll or being told your post is troll like merely for raising a point on Diana’s visibility is not only arrogant but totally unacceptable.
    We may not always agree with each other but there’s a way of communicating your thoughts and opinions while remaining respectful to other members.
    david and Ran were merely expressing a point of view. Is it really necessary to resort to sarcasm and name calling just because one might not agree. The answers is NO.
    “Make this world a better place if you can”.

No we don't, but I told y'all in the thread about how peaceful the forum was without Marv [[prior to us finding out the sad news) that he was not the only culprit. It is no coincidence that the names I named as his opposing counterparts are the culprits this time around. I agree with Ollie on this one. We can have opposing views but respecting the differences shouldn't be too much to ask. Sup and I disagree all the time [[I'm starting to think he's being contrary just to be contrary, when he knows I'm right most of the time.). Rob and I also disagree a lot, and yet we never have to stoop to insults or passive aggressive digs at each other. Either we all stay respectful or we all act like clowns. I'd rather be respectful, but I'm down for whatever at this point.

But your peacekeeping plea is much appreciated Thanx.

It as an observation of mine and question really.
    In the 60 s the Supremes were very visable via variety shows but by the 70s.
    I rarely saw Ross on tv except the tonight show and a few tv specials.
    Recently cher. Dolly and barbra have all been visable in their own projects with a few on netflix .
    I personally thought a netflix project would be good for her.
    It was a simple question to everyone.
    I realise she is at a part of her life where she basically done it all and this is family time.
    But if anyone remembers her tv specials from UK was going to be released on dvd and then a week before cancelled over licensing issues and never to be released yet clips are on youtube.
    So my question again is why ross.why the licensing issues.all these specials...tcb and nothing other than her 1979 hbo concert and now more recently cd release of same.
    To me the question was food for thought.not an attack on Ross.
    It seems the other ladies don't have these issues.
    Anyone who states there is no market for TCB is wrong.imo.
    I remember watching vh1 behind the music and always hoped the fo a Ross related episode.it never happened.
    It's 2021.peace n love

It as an observation of mine and question really.
    In the 60 s the Supremes were very visable via variety shows but by the 70s.
    I rarely saw Ross on tv except the tonight show and a few tv specials.
    Recently cher. Dolly and barbra have all been visable in their own projects with a few on netflix .
    I personally thought a netflix project would be good for her.
    It was a simple question to everyone.
    I realise she is at a part of her life where she basically done it all and this is family time.
    But if anyone remembers her tv specials from UK was going to be released on dvd and then a week before cancelled over licensing issues and never to be released yet clips are on youtube.
    So my question again is why ross.why the licensing issues.all these specials...tcb and nothing other than her 1979 hbo concert and now more recently cd release of same.
    To me the question was food for thought.not an attack on Ross.
    It seems the other ladies don't have these issues.
    Anyone who states there is no market for TCB is wrong.imo.
    I remember watching vh1 behind the music and always hoped the fo a Ross related episode.it never happened.
    It's 2021.peace n love
    Most of us get it, brother. Diana is a wonderful actress. What she did in LSTB is often the focal point of her abilities when we fans are talking, but personally I find what she did on the RHRAB special to be an underrated acting performance of her career. Not to mention what she did in Out Of Darkness. I remember when she was supposed to do a movie with Blair Underwood. I was so excited. And I waited. And waited. And waited. And I'm still waiting. Nothing. She should have tons more acting credits under her belt.

Like I said before, a clothing line, beauty products, etc, would seem right up her alley, although I recognize there probably wasn't a blueprint for her in the clothing line lane in the 80s, into the 90s, unlike today when someone can have one hit and the following week announce a clothing line deal. Why Diana wasn't the spokesperson for clothes or beauty stuff boggles my mind.

The television specials should all be on dvd by now. TCB would probably be the best selling as it combines two popular legends in what was really a historical telecast. There's a market out there for that. We should've had additional specials like "Christmas With Diana" or something where she celebrates women, or Black folks, or everyday heroes who embody the sentiments of songs like "Reach Out and Touch".

True, there probably is a number of reasons why these things never happened. None of this should be seen as criticism for criticism's sake. As fans why wouldn't we want a ton of Diana stuff? Why wouldn't we want to see her on TV and in movies and all over the internet all the time? Will we survive with what we have now? Of course. Would we survive better with all the extras? Yup.

Sorry Florence but i don't understand your question?
    Maybe I've got mixed up but I thought that at one stage you said that Diana had come close to signing a contract for Glastonbury a few years back but it collapsed at the last minute?

Forum 81. How on earth the full version of this brilliant concert has never seen the light of day is a complete mystery. Diana at her best. Perhaps the MJ scandal has kept it in mothballs.
    I really can’t imagine it’s because Diana has five children.

Maybe I've got mixed up but I thought that at one stage you said that Diana had come close to signing a contract for Glastonbury a few years back but it collapsed at the last minute?
    No you did not get mixed up. I merely misunderstood your question.
    She did indeed come very close to signing up for Glastonbury. At the time she failed to realise what a big deal Glastonbury is. Dolly Parton was more in tune with it's history and she readily agreed to step into Diana's shoes.

Forum 81. How on earth the full version of this brilliant concert has never seen the light of day is a complete mystery. Diana at her best. Perhaps the MJ scandal has kept it in mothballs.
    Very complex legal reasons so i have been reliably told. You are not too way off the mark regarding a deceased superstar.

To be honest, the special was a bit lackluster IMO because of all the interspersed clips as opposed to the entire concert. Yes, this is one that should've been released in full. I don't think we've even gotten so much as a bootleg of the entire concert [[not the entire special).

Very complex legal reasons so i have been reliably told. You are not too way off the mark regarding a deceased superstar.
    Allowing for MJ, have you any idea what some of those legal reasons might be Bluebrock?.

To be honest, the special was a bit lackluster IMO because of all the interspersed clips as opposed to the entire concert. Yes, this is one that should've been released in full. I don't think we've even gotten so much as a bootleg of the entire concert [[not the entire special).
    Like you, i would rather have seen the complete concert without the added clips. You can feel the energy generated by the audience and Diana is at the top of her game. Did she even sing “It’s My Turn” at the concert?.
    Where were mobile phones when we needed them.

Allowing for MJ, have you any idea what some of those legal reasons might be Bluebrock?.
    It's not something i feel able to talk about publicly. These situations can sometimes turn very unpleasant, and i would rather not comment on it further.

It would seem questionable for me that MJ and his scandals would be an issue for a DVD release of the '81 special. The Motown 25 release from 2014 made it without an issue and is probably still selling on the strength of MJ's performance alone. I'm not seeing widespread industry backlash to the allegations. Isn't MJ still as popular as he's always been, give or take X amount of fans?

Like you, i would rather have seen the complete concert without the added clips. You can feel the energy generated by the audience and Diana is at the top of her game. Did she even sing “It’s My Turn” at the concert?.
    Where were mobile phones when we needed them.
    Yeah, I'd like to know what all were the songs performed at the Forum. I also would love to see the unedited "Reach Out and Touch". She could've kept the other filmed segments for another special. She and Michael doing "Rock With You" was magic, and would've been a great partnership for another television special.

Re diana 1981, every guest aside from Quincy Jones and the Joffrey Ballet are deceased, and even some of the Ballet members might very well have left us. Not to mention Muhammed Ali is shown during the REACH OUT AND TOUCH segment. Maybe their estates are part of the problem.