[REMOVE ADS]

Diana Ross confirms cancellation of U.K. Tour and New Music

THis is on her Facebook page today.

Life is about change, and
    this time has, in many ways, been a gift of Reflection and Gratefulness.

My Love and Gratitude has never been stronger.

It seems it will be another year before I am able to tour again.

I will always continue singing. Songs of Love and Appreciation.

I just completed singing 14 new songs! “Thank You " for your Love and Friendship. Coming soon ❤️

Apologies to Jobucats who posted this Facebook message previously.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Apologies to Jobucats who posted this Facebook message previously.
    masterblaster, no apologies needed. I don't know how many times I have posted a thread which has already been covered. I am known to my friends as "Mr. Day Old News". Ha Ha

The promoters need to do the right thing here and officially cancel the tour.
    Everyman and his dog knows it will not be taking place. It is morally wrong to hold on to people's money. They should hang their heads in shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    The promoters need to do the right thing here and officially cancel the tour.
    Everyman and his dog knows it will not be taking place. It is morally wrong to hold on to people's money. They should hang their heads in shame.
    I just got the following e-mail:

Hello,

We're contacting you to let you know that the Diana Ross shows at The O2 have been postponed.

Statement: "We are rescheduling the Diana Ross UK tour. The dates have been moved to next summer, June and early July 2022 due to the UK government guidelines and notifications. All tickets will remain valid for the new shows, with the exact dates being announced soon. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to seeing you next year"

We know you will disappointed with this news and looking for the latest information - once we have an update on the new show date, we will be in touch again.

For now, keep safe, keep healthy and look after each other.

Your friends at AXS

Nowhere in this announcement do I see an offer to get a refund. Do they offer that option? Keeping the money for two years without the option to get the refund is not fair, especially in this time when so many people are affected economically by the shutdown.

Quote Originally Posted by djessie View Post
    I just got the following e-mail:

Hello,

We're contacting you to let you know that the Diana Ross shows at The O2 have been postponed.

Statement: "We are rescheduling the Diana Ross UK tour. The dates have been moved to next summer, June and early July 2022 due to the UK government guidelines and notifications. All tickets will remain valid for the new shows, with the exact dates being announced soon. We appreciate your patience, and we look forward to seeing you next year"

We know you will disappointed with this news and looking for the latest information - once we have an update on the new show date, we will be in touch again.

For now, keep safe, keep healthy and look after each other.

Your friends at AXS
    Who in the name of God would keep a concert ticket 16 months before the unscheduled date is officially announced?? Ross and her fans are old and may not be breathing in mid 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Nowhere in this announcement do I see an offer to get a refund. Do they offer that option? Keeping the money for two years without the option to get the refund is not fair, especially in this time when so many people are affected economically by the shutdown.
    I noticed that, too. Maybe they will offer a refund once they have confirmed the new dates and people can determine whether or not they still want to go. That has happened with some of the shows I've had cancelled or postponed because of the pandemic. But this does seem to be dragging.
    Last edited by reese; 03-17-2021 at 10:33 AM.

This seems selfish on Diana's part. Why not cancel it and start over? I just don't get the need to postpone if they use COVID as an excuse? Did she get her vaccine yet???

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    This seems selfish on Diana's part. Why not cancel it and start over? I just don't get the need to postpone if they use COVID as an excuse? Did she get her vaccine yet???
    Itīs been the same with pretty much every other artist - the dates are postponed, not cancelled.

Itīs been the same with pretty much every other artist - the dates are postponed, not cancelled.
    And no refunds? That's strange.

I know the general consensus is that things won't fully be back to normal until 2022 but Diana ain't getting any younger. She'll be 78 in 2022 when presumably the concerts will be back on and she'll release her new album. I just hope that there won't be no more postponements down the road. Younger artists like Lady Gaga can postpone but someone like Diana, it's kinda tough.

I've had tickets in advance for Broadway Shows, regional theatre, and dinner theatre. All tickets were refunded on request. The dinner theatre wound up closing permanently, but even they offered different options for refunds before their site was taken down.

The point is , the ticket holder should have options and be the final decider if he wants to hold the ticket, get a refund or donate the proceeds to the venue.

[[My decision with the Regional Ticket was to donate it to the theatre with the hope that they will still be around when things get "normal". but I received all other refunds)
    Last edited by milven; 03-17-2021 at 12:05 PM.

I've had tickets in advance for Broadway Shows, regional theatre, and dinner theatre. All tickets were refunded on request. The dinner theatre wound up closing permanently, but even they offered different options for refunds before their site was taken down.

The point is , the ticket holder should have options and be the final decider if he wants to hold the ticket, get a refund or donate the proceeds to the venue.
    Exactly. I understand the events of 2020 messed up everyone but it's not too late to cancel and try again. I think Janet Jackson had people refund their tickets to her shows that year [[Janet is also planning a new album, which could be released in 2022, which would mark the 40th anniversary of her first album - which is actually nuts! Like Janet Jackson has been a major pop star for 40 years! Time is a mother, ain't it?).

Diana could do the same, she knows how the industry goes. She's been a professional act for 60 years now.

Much as I'm loathe to critisize Miss Ross I really think it's time for her to step to the front on this.

I'd love to know what Bluebrock thinks of this latest development.

Are her hands tied maybe?

It would not surprise me that in many instances like this, the artist cannot legally call the shots.

I believe that it's down to the promoter,AXS, I am going to ask my credit card company to request a refund, as I can't see Diana Ross doing a tour of this scale at 78years of age . Hate myself saying this mind .

Quote Originally Posted by dickiemint View Post
    I believe that it's down to the promoter,AXS, I am going to ask my credit card company to request a refund, as I can't see Diana Ross doing a tour of this scale at 78years of age . Hate myself saying this mind .
    I am a participant in this situation as I am not going to the UK to see her ever, but there are two things to think about.

If you paid for your concert ticket via credit card, I would imagine that the cc company would help you if you dispute the charge.

A second point to consider is unclaimed property. Every state in the USA has an unclaimed property department that entities are mandated to turn over unclaimed property - an example would be unredeemed gift certificates, uncashed payroll checks, perhaps unused tickets would be eligible. Check it out with your state unclaimed property division.

Quote Originally Posted by midnightman View Post
    And no refunds? That's strange.

I know the general consensus is that things won't fully be back to normal until 2022 but Diana ain't getting any younger. She'll be 78 in 2022 when presumably the concerts will be back on and she'll release her new album. I just hope that there won't be no more postponements down the road. Younger artists like Lady Gaga can postpone but someone like Diana, it's kinda tough.
    Iīm pretty sure you can get a refund, I have heard of people that got refunds via Ticketmaster for the Diana shows. I havenīt tried to get a refund myself via AXS where I bought my tickets but I might look into it in the next few days.

My daughter has just had another message saying its postponed till June next year...I just want my money back..im tired of waiting now.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Much as I'm loathe to critisize Miss Ross I really think it's time for her to step to the front on this.

I'd love to know what Bluebrock thinks of this latest development.

Are her hands tied maybe?
    I have nothing positive to add to this topic. I expressed my dismay at the way this unsatisfactory situation was unfolding prior to Christmas. I was told of the latest postponement of the tour back in November. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The book stops at the door of the promoter. Ms Ross has no involvement in announcing new dates for the tour, and i am not even sure she is even aware of the disgruntlement of the long suffering fans. I have sent another e-mail this morning, but have yet to receive an acknowledgement of the previous two. It is considerably easier to get an audience with the Pope than it is to make direct contact with Ms Ross. I am told she has agreed to honour the dates in 2022, but i have grave misgivings as regards her physical well being to undertake such a strenous tour. Thankfully there will be no dates in other European Countries, but even so it remains a daunting proposition for a 77 year old lady.
    I am told she is hoping to undertake a few North American dates towards the end of 2021. I am at ease with that. She should be okay to perform a few shows close to home, but anything more than that is just too risky.
    Sorry to be so negative, but i remain very angry about the whole situation which has been handled so badly from the start of the pandemic. There is not enough money in this world to tempt me to work in unison with this set of promoters. I want no part of it. I am actually ashamed that i got involved in the first place. Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post
    I am a participant in this situation as I am not going to the UK to see her ever, but there are two things to think about.

If you paid for your concert ticket via credit card, I would imagine that the cc company would help you if you dispute the charge.

A second point to consider is unclaimed property. Every state in the USA has an unclaimed property department that entities are mandated to turn over unclaimed property - an example would be unredeemed gift certificates, uncashed payroll checks, perhaps unused tickets would be eligible. Check it out with your state unclaimed property division.
    Escheatment for unclaimed property begins after 5 years.

Diana Ross Postpones Top Of The World UK Tour Until Summer 2022
    That is the headline at this link

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/231161/9

But when you read it, it is the promoters that are postponing it.

And if I am reading it correctly [[I don't think I am). there is one event that is not cancelled:
    Diana Ross Upcoming Tour Dates are as follows

Wed June 30 2021 - LANCASHIRE Proms Arena

I cannot make sense of that.

As for getting refunds on tickets, the best way is through the credit card company.

Tell them the situation and they will work with you and may even give you the credit immediately.

That's how I got my refunds.

Quote Originally Posted by woodward View Post

Unfortunately with credit card companies, they include clauses that protect them from customers disputing charges. Normally you have a window of 90 days to dispute a charge. I'd assume these tickets were purchased in 2019 or 2020 so that window is closed. And I'd be curious to see what their definition of fraudulent is. The original purchase wasn't, but clearly they've not produced the product as promised.

I think the best bet is to reach out to the ticket company or the Better Business Bureau.

Diana Ross Postpones Top Of The World UK Tour Until Summer 2022
    That is the headline at this link

https://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/231161/9

But when you read it, it is the promoters that are postponing it.

And if I am reading it correctly [[I don't think I am). there is one event that is not cancelled:
    Diana Ross Upcoming Tour Dates are as follows

Wed June 30 2021 - LANCASHIRE Proms Arena

I cannot make sense of that.

As for getting refunds on tickets, the best way is through the credit card company.

Tell them the situation and they will work with you and may even give you the credit immediately.

That's how I got my refunds.
    She will not be participating in the Lytham St Anne's Prom. Not sure why it has not been officially cancelled. I live very close to this location, and her proposed appearance had created a buzz in the town, but she will not appear at this event until 2022 at the earliest.

Thanks for your input, Bluebrock.

Quote Originally Posted by florence View Post
    Thanks for your input, Bluebrock.
    You are most welcome. I just wish i could have posted something more positive.

I have nothing positive to add to this topic. I expressed my dismay at the way this unsatisfactory situation was unfolding prior to Christmas. I was told of the latest postponement of the tour back in November. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth. The book stops at the door of the promoter. Ms Ross has no involvement in announcing new dates for the tour, and i am not even sure she is even aware of the disgruntlement of the long suffering fans. I have sent another e-mail this morning, but have yet to receive an acknowledgement of the previous two. It is considerably easier to get an audience with the Pope than it is to make direct contact with Ms Ross. I am told she has agreed to honour the dates in 2022, but i have grave misgivings as regards her physical well being to undertake such a strenous tour. Thankfully there will be no dates in other European Countries, but even so it remains a daunting proposition for a 77 year old lady.
    I am told she is hoping to undertake a few North American dates towards the end of 2021. I am at ease with that. She should be okay to perform a few shows close to home, but anything more than that is just too risky.
    Sorry to be so negative, but i remain very angry about the whole situation which has been handled so badly from the start of the pandemic. There is not enough money in this world to tempt me to work in unison with this set of promoters. I want no part of it. I am actually ashamed that i got involved in the first place. Rant over.
    The promoters have indeed been awful and I fear Diana may have problems selling out now due to fans upset at the postponement. I don't blame her but it's shoddy as hell.

Thank you, Dr. Bluebrock

Gladys has re-scheduled her tour to start again next month, starting in PA. There has been a lot of progress after last year's inaction and chaos, but it may all be lost if we move too quickly. I'll wait before I go to a concert or Broadway show until more people are vaccinated - including me.

https://uinterview.com/news/gladys-k...concert-dates/

Iīm guessing there are no news on the supposed 2022 UK dates yet? I am really starting to think it might be time to get my money back, but AXS donīt seem to make it easy...

Iīm guessing there are no news on the supposed 2022 UK dates yet? I am really starting to think it might be time to get my money back, but AXS donīt seem to make it easy...
    They are currently being rescheduled if the promoters are to believed.

They are currently being rescheduled if the promoters are to believed.
    I finally gave up and contacted AXS for a refund, which I received yesterday. I am just not willing to have the promoters still holding my money for tickets I purchased in 2019, without even offering refunds or giving us new dates.

I finally gave up and contacted AXS for a refund, which I received yesterday. I am just not willing to have the promoters still holding my money for tickets I purchased in 2019, without even offering refunds or giving us new dates.
    I can fully understand your reasons. The promoters are taking the punters for fools. Enough is enough.
    There has been a hold up with the announcement of the rescheduled dates. I am not entirely sure as to what the reasons are behind the delay. I am being met with a wall of silence. A few weeks ago i was told there would be a public announcement "within days". That has not been forthcoming. Make of that what you will, but my advice to anyone who is impatiently awaiting the new dates is to press for a refund.

Thanks for that Bluebrock. I still hope to see Diana next year, if the dates will indeed go ahead. But I am absolutely not happy about how things have been handled by the promoters and I feel at this point it is a matter of principle to get the money back, even if I will end up buying tickets again.

Thanks for that Bluebrock. I still hope to see Diana next year, if the dates will indeed go ahead. But I am absolutely not happy about how things have been handled by the promoters and I feel at this point it is a matter of principle to get the money back, even if I will end up buying tickets again.
    If the dates are rescheduled you can indeed buy tickets again, but it is morally wrong for these promoters to hold on to customers money for so long. I have washed my hands of the whole debacle. I want no further part of their shady dealings.