[REMOVE ADS]

Question Favorite out of print albums?

Hey folks -- What are your favorite albums no longer in large-scale distribution? Maybe albums that weren't remastered on a newer format and were left in the past [[vinyl, cassette, etc)?

Joe Tex - I Gotcha What's up with this? Have the tapes deteriorated or gotten misplaced?

Buckingham-Nicks Perhaps the most famous album that will probably never see a legitimate release on any digital format. All copies on CD are bootlegs.

Tom Browne - Yours Truly

Cameo - Style
    Strange, an artist can have every album they ever made reissued in digital form, but there's always that one album that seems to have disappeared, and that is this 1983 album. Where is it?

B.T. Express - Do It 'Till Your Satisfied Their breakthrough album that yielded three hit singles. But, i've never seen it in digital form. I want it!

Wild Cherry - Electrified Funk - A very, very popular sophomore album on a major label. Why no reissue?

I'll think of more later.

My favorite is the SMITH CONNECTION.

It was discussed on these boards in 2011

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ith-Connection

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  37.0 KB

They just did not get enough of a push to become major recording stars and even today, it is hard to find much info on them with a google search. They did make it to Soul Train and had a fairly nice hit with "I've Been A Winner". But today it is probably not remembered by many.

The whole album was great. Another popular cut was their version of the Supremes' MY WORLD IS EMPTY WITHOUT YOU.

They finally realesed the CD a few years ago but that is also not available. However, I just saw it reasonably priced on EBAY and AMAZON

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    My favorite is the SMITH CONNECTION.

It was discussed on these boards in 2011

https://soulfuldetroit.com/showthrea...ith-Connection

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  37.0 KB

They just did not get enough of a push to become major recording stars and even today, it is hard to find much info on them with a google search. They did make it to Soul Train and had a fairly nice hit with "I've Been A Winner". But today it is probably not remembered by many.

I had their album but, unfortunately, when I was getting rid of albums that was one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by loganjlr View Post
    Hey folks -- What are your favorite albums no longer in large-scale distribution? Maybe albums that weren't remastered on a newer format and were left in the past [[vinyl, cassette, etc)?
    Jerry Butler - The Spice of Life
    Hubert Laws and Nina Simone - The Power, The Glory and the Music

Hot Butterfly....The Sweet Inspirations. It never made it to CD. Still hoping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F16lN5rOIgI

Last edited by lakeside; 06-11-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Aretha’s YOU, SWEET PASSION, ALMIGHTY FIRE and LA DIVA albums.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post
    Joe Tex - I Gotcha What's up with this? Have the tapes deteriorated or gotten misplaced?

Buckingham-Nicks Perhaps the most famous album that will probably never see a legitimate release on any digital format. All copies on CD are bootlegs.

Tom Browne - Yours Truly

Cameo - Style
    Strange, an artist can have every album they ever made reissued in digital form, but there's always that one album that seems to have disappeared, and that is this 1983 album. Where is it?

B.T. Express - Do It 'Till Your Satisfied Their breakthrough album that yielded three hit singles. But, i've never seen it in digital form. I want it!

Wild Cherry - Electrified Funk - A very, very popular sophomore album on a major label. Why no reissue?

Soulster, the BT Express album [[and their others) is available as a download, if you wanted it in that form.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Aretha’s YOU, SWEET PASSION, ALMIGHTY FIRE and LA DIVA albums.
    Yes, YES, and HELL YES! And adding 'With Everything I Feel In Me', plus Love Unlimited's 'From A Girl's Point of View'. For the latter I just received my current Japanese budget 'Disco Fever' series issue, and it's ok [[more on that thread) but it's still OOP in the USA and without the original fold-out sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by nysister View Post
    Jerry Butler - The Spice of Life
    Hubert Laws and Nina Simone - The Power, The Glory and the Music
    Jerry Butler's 'The Spice of Life' is a bucket-list item for me as well, as is Mr. B's 'The Sagitarius Movement'.

Also, Angela Bofill’s TEASER seems to be her only LP that’s never been reissued.

Quote Originally Posted by soulster View Post

Tom Browne - Yours Truly

Cameo - Style

I really dig the B.T. Express debut you mentioned, I had to pull it out of my collection to get a fresh listen. The funk has truly been missing out of my life for some time "Mental Telepathy" is a favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by lakeside View Post
    Hot Butterfly....The Sweet Inspirations. It never made it to CD. Still hoping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F16lN5rOIgI

Wow! Totally forgot about this album cover. You know, I've always been a fan of the more artsy-style of album covers moreso than the standard "full-face" or "Name-on-top/ picture of artist below" styles [[don't know if there's an official term for it), but are they giving face and sensuality.