[REMOVE ADS]

Carolyn Crawford- "Let's Start the Dance"! [[Bohannon)

One the greatest dance records ever!

and of course, the original with Carolyn wailing and Detroit dancers in action! From 1978!

Last edited by marv2; 11-01-2019 at 08:15 PM.

Great stuff Marv2 ….

And there was also the enhanced/remixed version from 1981 …

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Great stuff Marv2 ….

And there was also the enhanced/remixed version from 1981 …

Roger

I remember that one too. The original came out when I was a senior in high school and we partied to it. Then a few years later, I was in college and heard it again at some club and thought it was the same one from H.S. The sequel was pretty good too.

Carolyn is just a powerful, soulful vocalist! Saw her perform the intermission for Stevie Wonder at the Fox and she absolutely tore it up!
    Last edited by marv2; 11-01-2019 at 05:22 PM.

I bought the 12" of "Let's Start The Dance" when it gained a UK release back in '78 Marv2. It was one of the first [[if not THE first) 12" releases to come out on the Mercury label in the UK.

There was also a Carolyn Crawford 12" released on UK Mercury about the same time called "Coming On Strong",similar in style to "Let's Start The Dance", which I also bought, though I soon found that I preferred the "B" side which was called "A Nice Feeling".

At the time I seemed to be a lone voice in the wilderness going for "A Nice Feeling" but then some 25 years later it suddenly became a hugely in-demand rare oldie among UK Soul fans. I read some "expert" a few years back claiming that that it had never been released in The UK at the time, but it had … and I still have my 12" copy.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    I bought the 12" of "Let's Start The Dance" when it gained a UK release back in '78 Marv2. It was one of the first [[if not THE first) 12" releases to come out on the Mercury label in the UK.

There was also a Carolyn Crawford 12" released on UK Mercury about the same time called "Coming On Strong",similar in style to "Let's Start The Dance", which I also bought, though I soon found that I preferred the "B" side which was called "A Nice Feeling".

At the time I seemed to be a lone voice in the wilderness going for "A Nice Feeling" but then some 25 years later it suddenly became a hugely in-demand rare oldie among UK Soul fans. I read some "expert" a few years back claiming that that it had never been released in The UK at the time, but it had … and I still have my 12" copy.

Roger

Roger yes I remember this cut! Carolyn could have been, should have been a major music star. She had the goods. She also is of great character as she never complained [[at least not publicly) and she continued to sing for us in Detroit and elsewhere. She even spent a short time backing Martha Reeves up as a "Vandella" when needed.