[REMOVE ADS]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    My Pops is responsible for my fixation on jokes. Dad told me so many inappropriate jokes when I was a boy. I could write a five volume book with the jokes I've learned since then.

Here's something my mom use to say when I was a kid whenever my Dad was leaving the house when he was off work. "Go with him so he'll come back........." LOL!

My mother would say this even in front of other people. "With you kids all I do all day is say Stop, quit, behave until I'm ready to pass out!"

My father use to say this "Oh you say that now, wait until you get to be my age!".

Did anybody post the infamous "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about"? For some reason, that line worked remarkably well with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Did anybody post the infamous "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about"? For some reason, that line worked remarkably well with me.
    My dad would bellow, "DRYITUP!!!"

That must be universal!

Oh yeah because my father would say it with his hand on the belt LOL! He could whip his belt off faster than Zorro! hehehehehehehehe!

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    My father use to say this "Oh you say that now, wait until you get to be my age!".
    The other end of that was "When I was your age, I [[ fill in any preposterous tale )"!

oh yeah because my father would say it with his hand on the belt lol! He could whip his belt off faster than zorro! Hehehehehehehehe!
    the fastest belt in the house,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    the fastest belt in the house,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
    It would make that flapping sound. My sister would get so scared she'd wet herself LOL!

I'm wetting mine just reading this...oh i just spilled some hooch,hehe!!

I'm wetting mine just reading this...oh i just spilled some hooch,hehe!!
    It could get scary because he had this talent or habit of changing his face to the Tasmanian Devil when you were about to get a whipping! LOL!!!

You guys had compassionate folks. We just got hit with whatever was in reach. Like Eddie Murphy said, "...throw a shoe like Clint Eastwood [[he made that familiar whistle)... ok let's go"! [[to his father)

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    You guys had compassionate folks. We just got hit with whatever was in reach. Like Eddie Murphy said, "...throw a shoe like Clint Eastwood [[he made that familiar whistle)... ok let's go"! [[to his father)
    How about the big wooden kitchen spoon?

How about the big wooden kitchen spoon?
    Yup! And in school, the Ping Pong paddle or the ruler cross the knuckes.

Yup! And in school, the Ping Pong paddle or the ruler cross the knuckes.
    I got my first paddling in school, in the Kindergarten with one of these:

Attachment 16045

I got my first paddling in school, in the Kindergarten with one of these:

Attachment 16045
    Ouchee!!! That smarts!

Mom[to me]do you think that trash is gonna take itself out?

Mom[to me]do you think that trash is gonna take itself out?
    Exactly! They knew what to say to get you to do what they wanted! Oh so you think those dishes will wash themselves? I guess those cans are going to walk themselves to the curb huh? LOL!

Haaaaaa,hey marv,mom only had to say it once...fast forward to today's kids,i said that to my kids and they looked at me like-maybe the trash will take itself out..[what the!!!##$@@#!!@@@]of course at that point i blew my top and the wife had to keep me from catching a charge..what happened???

Haaaaaa,hey marv,mom only had to say it once...fast forward to today's kids,i said that to my kids and they looked at me like-maybe the trash will take itself out..[what the!!!##$@@#!!@@@]of course at that point i blew my top and the wife had to keep me from catching a charge..what happened???
    Although my Mother knew how to whip us and make it count, she also used my father as a weapon. She would threaten us with,"ok y'all are showing out while I am trying to watch my "Stories" [[aka Soap Operas), I'm telling your Dad when gets off work and then you'll be sorry........ LOL!

Whenever my parents asked us to do something that we did not want to do, we were prohibited from saying "shoot!", "dang!" or the rolling of eyes...........LOL!

You got that right,as a matter of fact,if we breathed wrong we might get popped,hehe..if my dear mother were alive today and saw the disrespect given,there would be an explosion that would make[mt. Saint helen's]look like a sparkler.

You got that right,as a matter of fact,if we breathed wrong we might get popped,hehe..if my dear mother were alive today and saw the disrespect given,there would be an explosion that would make[mt. Saint helen's]look like a sparkler.
    Ain't that the TRUTH!

You could not call anyone stupid or dumb. Boy! This generation's language made ours seem quaint, prissy. Remember the word sissy? If you liked to read, cook or bake. Even if you didn't always want to go outside to play, that label stuck. The horror!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i'm on the floor,nativeny63 you got that right,cooking and baking????..reading[well maybe a comic book]hehe,guys with glasses were-four eyes,hehehehehe!!!

You could not call anyone stupid or dumb. Boy! This generation's language made ours seem quaint, prissy. Remember the word sissy? If you liked to read, cook or bake. Even if you didn't always want to go outside to play, that label stuck. The horror!
    PC was unheard of then. You could easily call someone a "sissy-punk" and get away with it. That's just how it was.......LOL!

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...i'm on the floor,nativeny63 you got that right,cooking and baking????..reading[well maybe a comic book]hehe,guys with glasses were-four eyes,hehehehehe!!!
    Don't forget the mean words black folks had for other black folks. High yella, nappy head, blurple and more.

Don't forget the mean words black folks had for other black folks. High yella, nappy head, blurple and more.
    I could list a battery of mean names people used back in the day, but I will refrain. LOL!!

Wasn't there a dance called the Sissy. How did you do that one?

...Redbone! Today? Light-skin.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    Yes! You held your arm out, limp-wristed, and alternated moving it and your legs! Think the "two snaps up" only in dance form!!😅

PC was unheard of then. You could easily call someone a "sissy-punk" and get away with it. That's just how it was.......LOL!
    Punk was also followed closely by "chump"!

Cooking and baking with your parents. Or in Home Economics - and having a knack for it!

Comic books? You had to love them secretly, undercover! If anyone knew you read them - "nerd"!!

Cooking and baking with your parents. Or in Home Economics - and having a knack for it!

Comic books? You had to love them secretly, undercover! If anyone knew you read them - "nerd"!!
    Oh, I was a nerd and still deal with a cadre of former nerds. I had some classics back in the day.

And I remember showing up for first day of 8th grade and finding out my mom had them put Typing on my schedule. I was embarrassed to no end. But that was the single most important class I took for my future success. Didn't have Home Ec but I learned to cook everything I enjoy eating since then.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    There was the "Sissy Strut" and the "Sissy Jerk".

Not with us! We'd trade them and the kid that had the biggest collection was generally admired or envied. You's get your ass kicked if you stole someone's comic book back in the day where I lived! LOL!

Oh, I was a nerd and still deal with a cadre of former nerds. I had some classics back in the day.

And I remember showing up for first day of 8th grade and finding out my mom had them put Typing on my schedule. I was embarrassed to no end. But that was the single most important class I took for my future success. Didn't have Home Ec but I learned to cook everything I enjoy eating since then.
    I took typing the last semester of my senior year in High School and it proved out to be probably the most valuable class of everything I took in high school.

I took typing the last semester of my senior year in High School and it proved out to be probably the most valuable class of everything I took in high school.
    I took every typing class my high school offered.
    Why? It was full of pretty girls!! Plus I learned to type really fast, to impress them!

Me and the bros were comic nerds too. So much so, that we went beyond collecting and created our own books and characters!!

My father said "You know what'll happen if I take this belt off?" 9 yrs old ,I responded with "yeah,your pants will fall down".He walked away laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyKen View Post
    My father said "You know what'll happen if I take this belt off?" 9 yrs old ,I responded with "yeah,your pants will fall down".He walked away laughing.
    Oh yeah, now my Dad use to say that too.

Here's one my Uncle John use to say..." You kids better pipe down down there or I'm getting you!" LOL!

Me and the bros were comic nerds too. So much so, that we went beyond collecting and created our own books and characters!!
    I'll never forget the day when my younger cousin visited while I was focused on watching a football game. He ran upstairs, dug through my box of comic books and came down with a couple that he liked.

"Can I have these?" he asked.

"Nope. Put them back when you're done reading them," I instructed him. It happened a couple more times and the second time, the books he had were the coverless books I bought in 2 and 3-packs at the convenience store. They had no value, so I gave them to him. He ran back upstairs.

"Can I have this?" he asked, presenting a first issue book that I figured would be worth money some day.

"No, put it back."

He trotted back up the steps. The next time, he had a couple of other coverless books that I quickly agreed to give him. Then, a third haul of a few coverless books before it was time for him to go home.

When the game ended, I went upstairs and discovered that the last couple of times that he came down, the books were without covers because he ripped them off after discovering that I didn't care about them. The little jerk! A couple of them were first issues of popular titles and all I had remaining was their covers lying on the floor beside my box.

Typing class? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...we only had one in the whole school and it was under lock an key in the principle's office..do you know how much you could get for one those things at the pawn shop back in the day?? Hehehehe!

I'll never forget the day when my younger cousin visited while I was focused on watching a football game. He ran upstairs, dug through my box of comic books and came down with a couple that he liked.

"Can I have these?" he asked.

"Nope. Put them back when you're done reading them," I instructed him. It happened a couple more times and the second time, the books he had were the coverless books I bought in 2 and 3-packs at the convenience store. They had no value, so I gave them to him. He ran back upstairs.

"Can I have this?" he asked, presenting a first issue book that I figured would be worth money some day.

"No, put it back."

He trotted back up the steps. The next time, he had a couple of other coverless books that I quickly agreed to give him. Then, a third haul of a few coverless books before it was time for him to go home.

When the game ended, I went upstairs and discovered that the last couple of times that he came down, the books were without covers because he ripped them off after discovering that I didn't care about them. The little jerk! A couple of them were first issues of popular titles and all I had remaining was their covers lying on the floor beside my box.
    Lurve that story, Jer!!

Who remembers shop class? Metal shop? Wood shop?

Yep those guys were tough as nails.

Yep those guys were tough as nails.
    They really knew how to knock on wood!