[REMOVE ADS]

Chaka - 'Like A Lady' - NOW We're Talkin' !

Hot, great, killer, new one -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDDTOoG8bJU

Yes indeed PNH!!! Great one. "Hello Happiness" is my favourite track from the new album, but this is some great disco-funk!

I love how it sounds both old school and contemporary at the same

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Yes indeed PNH!!! Great one. "Hello Happiness" is my favourite track from the new album, but this is some great disco-funk!

You've stated it perfectly, friend T-Tom! I wasn't impressed by the early single[[s) but as an entire [[though, brief) lp the 'thang is hot! Love it. WTF time is it in the soon-to-expire UK?

Currently early hours of Monday morning can't get to sleep

Following her Fatback Band rip-off, this latest release is a pleasant surprise. If it too leans heavily on someone else's work , at least this time I don't recognize it [[lol!).
    There's a familiarity to it... likely all the touches of classic dance elements. And I love stabbing strings which this one richly provides.
    But most importantly, vocally, the tune is identifiably CHAKA!
    I will likely revisit this one !!

TomTom , with your prompting , I also listened to :

Yes ! I see why you like it. Could it go on our CHIC list ? Close. ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST.

If I were a DJ today, I would be excited by this project.
    Last edited by Boogiedown; 02-18-2019 at 12:33 AM.

Its a pity that the best recent Chaka track: Keep Reachin, is not on this album.
    I listened to the album once: the first few tracks sound great. Will have to listen again to hear if I like the whole album.

Quote Originally Posted by jack020 View Post
    Its a pity that the best recent Chaka track: Keep Reachin, is not on this album.
    I listened to the album once: the first few tracks sound great. Will have to listen again to hear if I like the whole album.
    Odd, because it's a short album ... could have used the extra cut.

It is part of the soundtrack Quincy: A Life Beyond Measure [[Music From The Netflix Original Documentary)

I listened to the entire album [[EP?) on Qobuz and there's too much technology in the way. Good to hear Chaka with some fire in her music again, but, damn! The technology! It's too much!

The album is a little tech-y for my musical liking, but it definitely could have been even more so, as it was produced by electronic/house producer Switch. So I'm grateful it isn't unbearably over-techy.

The album is a little tech-y for my musical liking, but it definitely could have been even more so, as it was produced by electronic/house producer Switch. So I'm grateful it isn't unbearably over-techy.
    I have to agree but for me the funk overwhelms the tech and it's a fun one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_1cf9RgApM

Like Sugar live at Graham Norton

Down to £5 on Amazon UK yesterday. Much better than I'd anticipated tbh. I even enjoyed the Fatback "homage". Great to hear that voice again

Does anyone know what her tour schedule is like? I would like to see her in concert this year.

Thank you Jack020.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    Odd, because it's a short album ... could have used the extra cut.
    I have been told there is a small possibility of an expanded version with an additional 3 or 4 tracks coming out towards the end of the year. They were kind of testing the water with the original 7 track album. I am not sure if interest has been sufficient to warrant this expanded edition. Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I have been told there is a small possibility of an expanded version with an additional 3 or 4 tracks coming out towards the end of the year. They were kind of testing the water with the original 7 track album. I am not sure if interest has been sufficient to warrant this expanded edition. Time will tell.
    An odd decision in this case, simply because I don't think Chaka has much of a base. Perhaps the tour with Michael McDonald will help. Do we know if the album charted? And at which rustic/posh eatery shall lunch be today?

Ooh I'd like to see both of them!

Ooh I'd like to see both of them!
    It should be a great show; I'm hoping it draws but numbers for them!