[REMOVE ADS]

Page 24 of 134 FirstFirst ... 14 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 34 74 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,200 of 6654

Thread: Yo... Moe

[[AP)- One conversation stands out in Arthur Blank's sports year to remember.Blank, the Atlanta Falcons owner, said Thursday he sent a congratulatory text message to coach Dan Quinn in May, when Atlanta was awarded the 2019 Super Bowl.
    Blank said he told Quinn "I look forward to us playing then."
    Quinn's response proved prophetic.
    "He texted me back and said 'I plan on playing in it sooner,'" Blank said at a news conference. "I don't know if I still have that text, but I'm going to dig and try to find it because he was obviously more of a foreteller than I was on where our team would be sooner than 2019."

In only his second year as coach, Quinn has taken the Falcons to the Feb. 5 Super Bowl in Houston, where they will play New England.
    For Blank, who acquired the Falcons in 2002, the end of a 15-year wait to see his team play in the Super Bowl is the biggest highlight of what he says has been "a wonderful year."
    He has seen the new Mercedes Benz Stadium, being built beside the Georgia Dome, move closer to completion as the home of the Falcons and his Atlanta United FC MLS expansion team. Blank attended the soccer team's first practice in Bradenton, Florida, on Tuesday.
    And now he's making plans for his long-awaited Super Bowl. Blank, 74, celebrated Atlanta's NFC championship game win over Green Bay on Sunday by dancing with his players on the field.

He won't be traveling to the Super Bowl alone.
    Blank said he is bringing more than 500 employees, from the Falcons and his other businesses, to the game.
    It's an expensive gesture, considering he's providing Super Bowl tickets, flights and lodging.
    "The question of sharing with our associates to me was never a question," he said. "It wasn't like 'Let me think about it overnight. Give me an hour, give me 15 minutes.' Anybody in our leadership teams that works with me knows what my response is going to be to that opportunity."
    Blank earned his fortune as the co-founder of Home Depot. That business background made him a billionaire, but included few highlights to compare with having his team earn a spot in the Super Bowl.
    He said the day Home Depot's stock went public was a high point "but even that didn't have this kind of emotion connected to it."

Blank said he reached out to Patriots owner Robert Kraft "for counsel" on enjoying the experience. He said has had a "special relationship" with Kraft since becoming an owner. Blank said he's hoping the Falcons can follow the Patriots' model of sustained success.
    "The Patriots have an incredible track record, incredible owner, incredible coach, incredible quarterback, incredible players who have gone through a lot of transitions over the years and to their leadership's credit they've continued to be competitive and they've continued to put a winning football team on the field," Blank said.
    The Falcons started four rookies and four second-year players on defense in their NFC championship game win over Green Bay, giving Blank reason to believe Quinn and general manager Thomas Dimitroff have built a team designed for sustained success.
    Blank, 74, noted that 41-year-old kicker Matt Bryant is an exception on the mostly youthful roster.
    "Other than Matt Bryant, who is probably my age or even older, this is a young team," Blank said. "So I think we're very well-positioned to be competitive for a long time going forward."

The Super Bowl gave Blank a chance to defend Atlanta in light of recent comments from President Trump that part of the city is "falling apart" and "crime infested." Trump's comments came after Democratic Rep. John Lewis said he doesn't consider Trump a "legitimate president."
    "The comments that were made by President Trump, I would say it's early in his time in office and he's probably not as informed about Atlanta as he should be or will become," Blank said. "I don't mean that in a disparaging way. I mean I know Atlanta is not that."
    ___
    https://wsbtv.relaymedia.com/amp/new...-RelayMediaAMP

Quote Originally Posted by destruction View Post
    My ALL TIME FAVE. Black Magic. The GOAT and the only throwback jersey I own.

When I finally played rec ball, I wanted that number so bad. Unfortunately for me, my best friend wore it the previous year. He scored 47 touchdowns in 10 games, and was nominated for National Optimist League player of the year. They retired the number for all levels.

I then wanted 22 because I was the Bullet Bob Hayes of the hood and made my name running track the past 3 years. Unfortunately for me, a player with more seniority already had 22.

So I chose 24.....Mel Farr. I think he passed away about a year and a half ago.

About 5 years ago I took over for the project manager of my D.C. group because he was struggling as he was pitching a concept to our consortium. When I was done, the first comment I heard was,
    "You sound like a used car salesperson."
    Fortunately for me, the next commenter said:
    "Maybe, but I'm buying that car."

For those of you into "Alternative Sports", the Cavs just lost at home to Boogie and the Sac Kings. After Lebron's last outburst, he going to have to go to Area 21 to use the "Cuss Button" for his next interview.

Long Live League Pass.......
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anywhere there is a large Black population THAT MAN thinks is nothing but crime and ghetto. I lived in ATL for years. Great place. A little on the clique -ish/bourgie side in some areas but I enjoyed my time there!

He's clearly mentally ill. Combine that with racism, general stupidity, and no filter and you understand why Jesus said that it's not what goes into the mouth that defiles the body, it's what comes out. Sadly, in this case "body" is analogous to the country.

Oh well since it's a slow week,did i mention that the[no account wizards]are hot having won 9 of 11-14 in a row at home and are in fifth place in the east...oh i ain't braggin cause we all know who rules the east,just thought i'd mention it since it's a slow week...go wiz,hehhehehehhe!!!!

Keep hope alive. Had the Rednecks made the playoffs, it means that all four of your professional teams would have gone to the post-season, so all's not awful. They just need to cough up $24 million to keep Cousins in the fold to be competitive again next year.

They'll pay him!!

But is he worth it? I thought he played better against the Panties than everybody else but they still lost. A lot of the cable TV talking heads say he's not a difference maker but they'll likely be set back for two or three years if they let him go.

Longer than that,the skinnies have a habit of doing dumb things with players at times,there is no body coming here who will take us to where we want to be and i say that part of his problem is coaching i mean gruden is supposed to be such a quarterback guru so coach him up,he's only in his second year as a starter he'll get better in the big games,heck the kid played at michigan!!

State. He played at Michigan State. You'll lose friends in Detroit by getting that one wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by arr&bee View Post
    Longer than that,the skinnies have a habit of doing dumb things with players at times,there is no body coming here who will take us to where we want to be and i say that part of his problem is coaching i mean gruden is supposed to be such a quarterback guru so coach him up,he's only in his second year as a starter he'll get better in the big games,heck the kid played at michigan!!
    Cousins started out super humble and now it seems someone is getting in his head. I think he's a decent QB but 24mil? Don't think so.

...and your poor coach will forever and always live in the shadow of his brother. That has to mess with his head.

Are you guys watching the game tonight? Yeah I know, everyone keeps saying it's not a real game but I'm going through serious football withdrawal so I'll tune in. Not to mention some of my Boyz will be on the field and Tony G is one of the coaches for the NFC. It should be fun. [[I hope) LOL

I don't do all star games in any sport. The NFL needs to do away with theirs after Tyler Eifort got injured last year. With that said, I barely remember when the Super Bowl champs played the college all-stars. That was a fantastic concept, although it would never fly today.

A lot of the guys opted out. I can understand Falcons and BradyBunch but I guess the others don't need the money. If I don't fall asleep on it, I'll give you guys the highlights.

Interesting that the NFL and NHL both had their all-star games on the same day. The NBA is next week. I heard that one of my guys [[Jay Ajayi) got hurt but I'm hoping it's not too serious. He was also injured in the same shoulder during the regular season and probably should have sat it out. But the recognition is good to have and I'm sure he was honored to play in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    are you guys watching the game tonight? Yeah i know, everyone keeps saying it's not a real game but i'm going through serious football withdrawal so i'll tune in. Not to mention some of my boyz will be on the field and tony g is one of the coaches for the nfc. It should be fun. [[i hope) lol
    hi beautiful,no one watches the pro bowl,hehehehehe!!!

hi beautiful,no one watches the pro bowl,hehehehehe!!!
    I must admit, the uniforms that looked like pajama's were a turn off. LOL

Hey remember the[runner up bowl]which lombardi had cancelled because nobody cared about the second place teams,and of course he was right.

Hey remember the[runner up bowl]which lombardi had cancelled because nobody cared about the second place teams,and of course he was right.
    Afraid I don't remember the runner up bowl...now talk about a lame idea. No offense to the great Lombardi.

Yep,back in the mid-sixties,played after the regular season,yep lame and lombardi wasn't having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post

Nice video, especially, the Boyz clip. In all seriousness, it's been a long time that I've looked forward to a SB where Dallas wasn't playing and I plan to have my dirty martini [[with extra olives) ready, to toast your Dirty Black Birds Butt Victory!!!!!!!

FIRED UP AND READY TO GO!

This just in...wizards in first place in southeast division,investigation under way to see if russians are involved..film at eleven!!

Good googly moogly... It's STILL not Sunday?! What is going on??????

Haaaaaaaaaaa...jerry you're like a kid in the candy store.

Yeah, like one of those kids being pulled along by his grandma, hoping that she's going to slow down and he'll get some of that candy. But until Sunday night, I won't know if I'm getting candy or a big ol' plate of Brussels sprouts.

Hey jerry,have fun with this run..heck things are so slow on this end that i'm actually looking forward to the next[wizards]game,they're on a mini-run and in this sports starved town...we'll take what we can get...yes we do have a hockey team[the caps]only two things wrong with that...no,1-i don't like hockey..no.2-they always choke in the playoffs and this year ain't gonna be any different...go wiz..sigh!!!

Good things come to those who wait....so I've been told.

Wow, the post actually went through without an error message.

Here’s How — And Why — The Falcons Could Win The Super Bowl
    The underdogs from the NFC are in a good position to finally earn the franchise’s first NFL championship.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...h519m29um1jor&

Seeing BradyBunch getting sacked, numerous tmes on Sunday would be a BIG highlight for me.

He may get sacked,but he ain't gonna lose.

He may get sacked,but he ain't gonna lose.
    Thanks, partner! You predicted against us in the Green Bay game, so I was hoping you'd pick the Patsies and you came through. Love ya, Bruh! PS: Don't make me wait so long next time.

Y'all know who I'm rooting for tomorrow!!
    Good luck Jerry.........and everyone in Atlanta!

Let's see what they do with Julio.........

Hey jerry-it's getting close to that time,i was gonna get[goosebumps]but all the geese are in atlanta rooting for the falcons[i guess birds stick together]and since they had to fly south for the winter anyhow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Y'all know who I'm rooting for tomorrow!!
    Good luck Jerry.........and everyone in Atlanta!

Let's see what they do with Julio.........
    We actually had a better record in the games that teams were able to limit him. He opens up the field for everybody else.

Agree with Jerry Oz. Ryan has several receivers he 's been successful with so Julio or not, I'm sure he will be okay. I'm more concerned with cheating than anything else but my hope is the BradyBunch will realize they will be under more scrutiny this time around.

Good luck Jerry Oz, I'm with Moe, I'm all about the Dirty Birds Black butts tomorrow.

RISE UP!!!!!!

So, North Carolina's game with Notre Dame has been moved to tomorrow afternoon. I have to speed away from church and watch it with the folks over their place. Then, I'm heading straight home for seven hours of media silence. It's a good thing I don't have a cat or lap dog to kick if things get tense...

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    So, North Carolina's game with Notre Dame has been moved to tomorrow afternoon. I have to speed away from church and watch it with the folks over their place. Then, I'm heading straight home for seven hours of media silence. It's a good thing I don't have a cat or lap dog to kick if things get tense...
    Yea I saw that. Something about a water pipe broke and a state of emergency was declared. Wow, talk about a serious leak...geesh

Received an email this morning from my friend in Boston, "thanking" me for supporting his boy Brady...............not in a million years!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moe View Post
    Received an email this morning from my friend in Boston, "thanking" me for supporting his boy Brady...............not in a million years!!!!!!!
    LOL

I feel ya Moe. From day one there was something about him and Bilichick that rubbed me the wrong way. Over the years that hasn't changed. I'll give them props for talent but other than that...meh!

Time to find the Carolina game. I shall return!

I'm taking controlled breaths to keep things okay. Lord, it's only 2:52 pm?!

OK so I only saw the last 33 secs of that game but hey...Carolina won. The South is on the move Jerry Oz.

B-R-E-A-T-H-E....hahahahahahaha

Because I'm bored I may as well ask a question that has been on my mind. Detroit is in the Eastern Time Zone. So why do our post clock in a hour ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    Because I'm bored I may as well ask a question that has been on my mind. Detroit is in the Eastern Time Zone. So why do our post clock in a hour ahead?
    Of course this one posted at the right time. LOL

60 mins and counting

T -30

Young, fast and hungry!!!!! Give it up FOR the ATL....[[AND THE CROWD GOES WILD)

Here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Never knew Strahan went to a HBCU Texas Southern...well awriiighty then