[REMOVE ADS]

Page 115 of 134 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 125 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,750 of 6657

Thread: Yo... Moe

That first men's basketball game yesterday was a good one. Florida Atlantic was up almost 10 points & San Diego State comes roaring back & hits the game winner with 0.7 seconds left in the game. WOW! The second game not so much drama, except that the player from Miami broke his shoe. So it's San Diego State vs. UConn in the final.

I love the NCAA tournament. I love it more when North Carolina is winning it, but as long as dook, Kentucky, and Kansas are eliminated, it's my jam. I'm a big San Diego State fan for the next 48 hours.

Gotta say so am I! How does someone break a shoe playing basketball at that level & not have a replacement?

Beats me. Do you remember when Zion Williamson blew out his shoe in a game against North Carolina? He was so big and so powerful, it simply blew up under him.
    [00:34 on the video if it doesn't start there]

Congrats to LSU!!! Popping in for a shameless name drop: I just found out that one of my nieces grew up with Flaujae’s mom and has known her from babyhood!😁

And you're right, Sans......congrats to LSU on winning the NCAA Women's bball title!
    And you have an extra added bonus!!

Jerry, I forgot about that!!

Is it possible the Ravens may sign Teddy Bridgewater as insurance for Lamar Jackson?
    Speaking of Lamar....could he still be traded? Colts, maybe?

I don't think he's going to be traded at this point. Teams have already spent their offseason money in free agency and bringing in one player who will command a quarter of the salary cap would mean a whole lot of players would be cut or traded from the rosters. I think the Colts might be interested in him if they don't like Will Levis or Anthony Richardson in the draft. They're stuck in a rut at quarterback ever since Andrew Luck quit.

And Luck is healthier for doing so.

I still haven't found anything about the status of Bud Dupree.

And, did you see Jill Biden wants to invite BOTH LSU & Iowa to the White House? Really?
    I'm sorry but let LSU have their day in the sun....they earned it.

My wife seethed after hearing about Dr. Biden's concern for the Iowa women. I told her it will never happen. Consider how it would fly if LSU decided to stay home and Iowa accepted the invite. I think folks have explained to the first lady the importance of thinking before you wade into the troubled waters of sport. Especially after the racial issues that arose in the backdrop of the women's tournament.

No way. No how.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    My wife seethed after hearing about Dr. Biden's concern for the Iowa women. I told her it will never happen. Consider how it would fly if LSU decided to stay home and Iowa accepted the invite. I think folks have explained to the first lady the importance of thinking before you wade into the troubled waters of sport. Especially after the racial issues that arose in the backdrop of the women's tournament.

No way. No how.
    Angel has tweeted something to the effect of "we ain't going." I've never heard of such mess from this White House. Stinks to high heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Angel has tweeted something to the effect of "we ain't going." I've never heard of such mess from this White House. Stinks to high heaven.
    Caitlin Clark said Iowa would reject an invitation. When asked about it, she said:

"That's for LSU," Clark told "SportsCenter" on Tuesday. "... They should enjoy every single second of being the champion. I think that's theirs to do.

And when asked about the BS over Angel Reese's actions following the game, she replied:

"I don't think Angel should be criticized at all," said Clark, who had made the same gesture in the regional final. "I'm just one that competes, and she competed. I think everybody knew there was going to be a little trash talk in the entire tournament. It's not just me and Angel.
    "We're all competitive. We all show our emotions in a different way. You know, Angel is a tremendous, tremendous player. I have nothing but respect for her. I love her game -- the way she rebounds the ball, scores the ball, is absolutely incredible. I'm a big fan of her and even the entire LSU team. They played an amazing game."

In other words, the people complaining about her being "classless" [dog whistle] and "poor sportsmanship" [dog whistle] are moping about other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Caitlin Clark said Iowa would reject an invitation. When asked about it, she said:

"That's for LSU," Clark told "SportsCenter" on Tuesday. "... They should enjoy every single second of being the champion. I think that's theirs to do.

And when asked about the BS over Angel Reese's actions following the game, she replied:

"I don't think Angel should be criticized at all," said Clark, who had made the same gesture in the regional final. "I'm just one that competes, and she competed. I think everybody knew there was going to be a little trash talk in the entire tournament. It's not just me and Angel.
    "We're all competitive. We all show our emotions in a different way. You know, Angel is a tremendous, tremendous player. I have nothing but respect for her. I love her game -- the way she rebounds the ball, scores the ball, is absolutely incredible. I'm a big fan of her and even the entire LSU team. They played an amazing game."

In other words, the people complaining about her being "classless" [dog whistle] and "poor sportsmanship" [dog whistle] are moping about other stuff.
    That's good to hear. Hopefully, it'll shut up all the nasty bigots hurling crap Angel's way. As for that White House fiasco, as my daddy said when my sister rightfully won Student Council President at her recently desegregated high school and they tried to sell her some bull about having "co-presidents" that year, "You tell your teacher that your daddy said that anything with two heads is a FREAK."

This whole thing stinks for the White House [[Jill Biden). What the hell......is this participation trophy take 2? James Harrison was right years ago when he blasted his son's school for doing it.

It's very simple to me: LSU won, Iowa didn't...LSU are the champions. Let them enjoy their victory!

Now Dr. Jill's backtracking and moonwalking better than MJ. I thought so.

https://newsone.com/4552533/jill-bid...wa-invitation/

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Now Dr. Jill's backtracking and moonwalking better than MJ. I thought so.

https://newsone.com/4552533/jill-bid...wa-invitation/
    No surprise Sans. It was a matter of time.

Tell us if "Bud DuPree Signs With The Atlanta Falcons" was in your off-season bingo card.

Not on my bingo card!!!!!
    And Washington may have a new owner!

And I'm out of town & I see this thread hit a million views...WOW!!!

Huh?! That's quite shocking since there have only been about 5-8 people posting on it. Mostly, you, Jai, ms_m, and me.

Steelers are getting Allen Robinson, who's coming off a down year after signing with the Rams. Only had 33 catches last season, but he's been much better than that. Miami signed Chosen Anderson, who had a rotten year in Arizona after essentially being fired by Carolina. Between the two, I'd much rather we'd picked up Robinson.

When I heard this I went "who?" I'm assuming this is a "veteran" pick that we need.
    OK. But it has shown Omar Khan [[our new GM) isn't sitting on his hands, which is a contrast from Kevin Colbert.

NFL Draft in a week. Any chance there will be a trade involving Lamar Jackson then?

I had Allen Robinson on my fantasy team a couple of years ago. He performed much better before I picked him up and then, he played really well again after I dropped him. And it seemed like when he was in Chicago, he'd carve the Falcons up when they played. He was good enough for the Rams to sign for $15 million per year. And your GM is sharp enough to get LA to pay $10 million to send him to Pittsburgh. He might be a good pickup for you.

OK. Time will only tell.

Hey gang, can this be true?????? Not only are the commanders getting a new owner, but uncle ted[leonsis] actually fired his gm and is getting more involed in the day to day running of them darn gizzards, can d.c. Sport actually be trying to get something right??? Scary ain't it? What's next...grady putting healthy food in his menu???...nah that' ll never happen....nah, nope ain't gonna happen??????

I saw where one of the Commanders players was suspended for gambling on the NFL. Five Lions players also were suspended. This is going to get worse with gambling being legal almost everywhere.

My Twitter feed is always flooded with it!

I stopped logging into Twitter after Elon Musk bought it. Twitter was my digital playground for years and I used to log in every day and get 90% of my news and sports information there. I don't fault others from using it, but if half of the horror stories I'm hearing are true, I'm glad I stopped.

Let's just say it's not exactly what it was. I'm lucky if I see 1 Twitter friend a day on my feed. Sometimes I wonder where did the stuff come from.

You see a story about OBJ?

Other than his signing with the Crows a couple of weeks ago, I haven't heard anything about him. Looks like I'll find out soon.

I think an assault allegation? Maybe?

I just read an article about Colorado U & Deion Sanders. That team last year was 1-11.
    Now with Sanders as the coach there are a large number of transfers from that school that leave him with 20 players? I truly wish him well!

Looks like he's bringing a lot of his former players at Jackson State to Colorado. If he can win immediately with a roster that is half-filled with HBCU players, he'll not only prove himself a great coach, he'll send NFL [and college] scouts to flood HBCU campuses to evaluate talent that D-1 schools ignorantly passed on when they came out of high school. Hopefully, that proves to be good for the HBCUs.

If it wasn't for Steelers great scout Bill Nunn we wouldn't have had several HBCU players......among those would be John Stallworth.

I'd like to see a list of all-time great players from HBCUs. I'd bet Everson Walls [Grambling State] and Brent Grimes [Savannah State] would each make it. Of course, Doug Williams would be at the top of the list, coming out of Grambling State. I'd love it if more of these guys got their opportunities.

I forgot about Michael Strahan, who went to Texas Southern. He'd rank right there with Doug Williams.

I forgot about Strahan & Williams! Of course I'm so tilted in the Steelers corner. I just remember what Bill Nunn did.
    I would like to see Coach Sanders make a success of that team!

Today is draft day. A lot of dreams are going to come true tonight. Dolphins lost their first round pick, but the Falcons are picking eighth. Personally, I would like them to trade back ~3-5 picks and grab another pick in this year's draft or next year's.

Are you picking up a QB? Did I read that CJ Stroud value is decreasing?

I'm glad it's draft day. I am SICK of all the mock drafts!

I seriously doubt the Falcons are taking a QB. If Stroud falls to us at #8, I think we'll likely try to trade the pick to a team that wants him more. With that being said, if he's higher on the draft board, I have no doubt they'll grab him.

Atlanta's had a remarkable offseason. They had $70 million to spend and filled most of the holes on the roster. Tonight should be about finding quality depth for some positions but also hopefully for upgrading our defensive line and cornerbacks.

With that being said, the player most often predicted for us at #8 is Bijan Robinson, runningback out of Texas. No matter who we pick in the first three rounds, we're a much better team than we are entering the draft.

And you were right.........Bijan Robinson

And we took Broderick Jones OT from Georgia

So far........

And like I said, we're better now than we were an hour ago. I didn't see the run on offensive tackles coming this early in the draft. Four in the top 14? Wow.

That's probably why the Steelers traded up with the Patriots [Jones was the best one left].
    My neighbor across the street is a Georgia alumna [& Georgia native] & she is VERY happy that Jones went to the Steelers ["to join Georgia boy George Pickens"].

I've seen Robinson play. I think you got a good one!

Philly has now grabbed four Georgia defensive players in the last two drafts. A lot of Falcons fans are UGA die hards and they're not happy we passed on Jalen Carter. When asked about it, Coach Arthur Smith replied "There were a lot of good players left. You can't coach everybody."

And that's the wisdom needed to understand the draft.

I fell asleep as the Steelers traded down with Carolina. Imagine my surprise when I woke up this morning & hear the Steelers took Darnell Washington from Georgia! I can't believe he slid to the third round! I watched him earlier in the broadcast playing with a baby. He could be a beast!!

A lot of fans were upset that their teams didn't get him. Dolphins fans included. And since I last posted, Philly selected another Georgia defender. Half their starting defense will have played together in college.

Jerry, is this schedule REALLY coming out tomorrow? There were some questions.

I thought it was being released tonight. Falcons and Dolphins both have games in Europe. Hopefully, they'll count as road games.

I had heard at first there would be a delay. Now the Steelers site is having their "schedule show" starting now. Why such a delay is anybody's guess.

Yeah, Rich Eisen is hosting the release show on NFL Network as I'm typing this.

Falcons have no prime time games and I'm actually cool with that. Team won't have any weeks with odd schedules to worry about. No more than two road games in a row and even then, it's only twice that it occurs. For a relatively easy schedule, they set us up to succeed.

Dolphins have an interesting schedule. It's the second most difficult one in the league, so if we get to the playoffs, we'll be well tested.

Last edited by Jerry Oz; 05-11-2023 at 09:42 PM.

Three preseason games [the third one the Falcons] but open AT HOME against the 49'ers. It's been a while since we opened at home. Guess the schedulers threw us a bone..haha.