[REMOVE ADS]

Dionne warwick talks about her friendship and legacy of mary wilson

This may be a local NY TV show, but on Sunday's Here and Now show, there will be a segment called the Legacy of Mary Wilson. I set my DVR to record it. If it is only local and not nationwide, it may be posted by someone and show up on YouTube later this week.

Here and Now
    7 ABCHDCCTVPG
    12:00PM-1:00PM
    The latest news stories that are impacting the black community. Leaders and experts voice their opinions on a variety of topics including politics, the economy, education and health issues. Hosted by Sandra Bookman.
    Last edited by milven; 02-22-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Thanks for the heads-up. DVR is set.

The segment was wonderful. The special guest was none other than one Miss Dionne Warwick, who had a host of lovely things to say about Mary. I hope that the clip surfaces on YouTube soon.

Vey nice. Dionne talked about her over fifty year friendship since the beginning of their careers, touring with the Supremes, hanging out as girlfriends do, sharing the ups and downs and mentioned that the last thing that Mary and Dionne did was in England with Roberta Flack and they had the best time. They laughed aplenty. Dionne said that is the kind of girl that Mary was – full of laughter.

Seems that Mary was the favorite Supreme of Dionne. Dionne said it was a pleasure to hang out with the Supremes, especially Mary. She described Mary as the one who laughed all the time. She described Diana as another type of lady who kept to herself most of the time. It was not said in a negative way, just that it was mostly Mary and Dionne who hung out together most of the time with lunches and such.

Dionne described Mary as a strong person, who even as things were changing always found a way to land on her feet.
    When Dionne was asked how Mary would like to be remembered, she said first of all, as a Supreme, one who loved life, one who considered herself a part of life, a fun gal who just loves to have fun

Nice interview. They seemed to be true friends

Hopefully, it will be posted on YouTube, since I think this was a local show.

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    Nice interview. ...
    Hopefully, it will be posted on YouTube, since I think this was a local show.
    Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    The segment was wonderful. The special guest was none other than one Miss Dionne Warwick, who had a host of lovely things to say about Mary. I hope that the clip surfaces on YouTube soon.
    Well, it didn't take long. Just checked YouTube, and Dionne's interview about Mary is posted.

NEW YORK [[WABC) -- On this episode of Here and Now, remembering Mary Wilson, who was the founding member of the singing group The Supremes. Her friend Dionne Warwick spoke about Wilson's legacy.

entire episode of Here and Now is at this link.

https://abc7ny.com/community-events/...emes/10356911/

Not sensing a lot of love for Diana here. It’s interesting how she mentions about Mary acting adult if things didn’t go quite to plan on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Not sensing a lot of love for Diana here. It’s interesting how she mentions about Mary acting adult if things didn’t go quite to plan on stage.
    There was no love lost between Diana and Dionne. Diana is well known for her Diva behaviour, but Dionne herself is no slouch in the Diva stakes. A colleague of mine worked with her for a while, and some of the stories he told me made me grateful i was not in her company too often.
    Don't get me wrong, i love Dionne. She is one of my absolute favourite female performers, but her behaviour does not interest the press to the same extent Diana's does. A Dionne Diva strop does not generate the same publicity that a Diana Diva strop does.
    Is that unfair? I'm really not sure, but that's the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    There was no love lost between Diana and Dionne. Diana is well known for her Diva behaviour, but Dionne herself is no slouch in the Diva stakes. A colleague of mine worked with her for a while, and some of the stories he told me made me grateful i was not in her company too often.
    Don't get me wrong, i love Dionne. She is one of my absolute favourite female performers, but her behaviour does not interest the press to the same extent Diana's does. A Dionne Diva strop does not generate the same publicity that a Diana Diva strop does.
    Is that unfair? I'm really not sure, but that's the way it is.
    In a way I’m not that surprised B.. The tension was palpable in 87 at the American Music Awards when they got together to sing “That’s What Friends” Those cocktail hugs and kisses gave a lot away. The look Gladys Knight exchanged with Dionne upon joining the two women on stage also spoke volumes.