[REMOVE ADS]

Have you heard any of their music yet? This is a new group to me.

NOTE: Not a dig on just one act, but on the new "sounds" of new "music" in general.

Nice to know Motown still holds new acts, but to me, 99% of all new music, is "not the same as it used to be".

I mean, I've last loved all of [[new) Motown around 2003, when there was Brian McKnight, Erykah Badu, India Arie, Remy Shand, and the Temptations was still making new great albums with actual hits on the Adult Contemporary R&B chart. Two years later, Kem and Stevie Wonder with new hits of awesomeness.

Even when Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Toni Braxton had that new album together, and it was Motown, I was optimistic and hopeful enough, two giants of the nineties on my favorite record company, to buy a copy, only that afterwards, after sampling a few tracks, concluded it was too "mature" for me.

But, I'm sorry. My ears cannot tolerate today's sounds of what is "hit" radio music, increasingly dependent on computers, voice modulators, and monotonous range-less voices, that oftentimes, I have difficulty differentiating today's pop and today's r&b from today's rap.
    Last edited by Ngroove; 06-21-2019 at 01:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ngroove View Post
    NOTE: Not a dig on just one act, but on the new "sounds" of new "music" in general.

Nice to know Motown still holds new acts, but to me, 99% of all new music, is "not the same as it used to be".

I mean, I've last loved all of [[new) Motown around 2003, when there was Brian McKnight, Erykah Badu, India Arie, Remy Shand, and the Temptations was still making new great albums with actual hits on the Adult Contemporary R&B chart. Two years later, Kem and Stevie Wonder with new hits of awesomeness.

Even when Kenneth "Babyface" Edmonds and Toni Braxton had that new album together, and it was Motown, I was optimistic and hopeful enough, two giants of the nineties on my favorite record company, to buy a copy, only that afterwards, after sampling a few tracks, concluded it was too "mature" for me.

But, I'm sorry. My ears cannot tolerate today's sounds of what is "hit" radio music, increasingly dependent on computers, voice modulators, and monotonous range-less voices, that oftentimes, I have difficulty differentiating today's pop and today's r&b from today's rap.
    Motown act, BJ the Chicago Kid just dropped his sophomore album, "1123". [[not gonna start on this numerical trend for titles!) Out of the two albums, I like only ONE song. ImI with you, Ngroove.

Checked out James Davis on iTunes a while back, didn't like their stuff much at all.

BJ The Chicago Kid on the other hand, I do like, his new album sounds pretty good. My fave of his is "Turnin' Me Up"

A snooze fest. Put any 'non-singer' in the studio and you could come up with the
    same monotonous, droning sound. Pass.