[REMOVE ADS]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Or the half naked sister posing with the white tiger.
    Or the dogs playing poker.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    "The Stand" was excellent! I watched the TV version of "IT" when it came on in the early 90s, taped it too. I went to see the new version for my birthday last September and it was pretty good. But "Salem Lot" was the ONE that got me. It scared me good when was 19, home alone and kept hearing things I thought downstairs in the house. I watched half of it this afternoon at the link I posted. It still does it. Excellent writing and acting in this one.
    I read all things Stephen King then! Scared the "gooney-goo goo" out of me!! Too much of a scaried-y cat to sit in a dark theater and watch!!��

If you get a chance, NY63, watch NOS4A2. It's based on a book written by Stephen King's son and it's got some genuine creeps in it. Regarding Stephen King, I gave up watching movies based on his books because the movies all fail to understand what keeps me jumping in the printed word. His books are great. Have you read the Dark Tower books? One of the greatest writing projects in history IMO.

I hope his [dark tower]book is better than that lame movie.

That movie was awful. Like most of them. The new It was scary like the book though.

The first books in the "Dark Tower" series were excellent but the final one was disappointing. Stephen King confessed to not finding them easy to write.

Quote Originally Posted by 144man View Post
    The first books in the "Dark Tower" series were excellent but the final one was disappointing. Stephen King confessed to not finding them easy to write.
    I enjoyed them all because he put every one of his other books in the same universe. How could you easily write eight books that were full of Easter eggs from literally every novel you wrote in a long and prolific career? I know a guy who has read every one of his books and he probably ran back and reread them after the Dark Tower. And if I didn't make my opinion clear, that trash movie was a trashy trash dumpster fire of movie trash. But I expected it to be, so I'm only upset that they blew the chance to do something good.

Does anyone remember the great 60s Horror Films produced by Hammer Films from the UK? Peter Cushing starred in a number of them.

Yeah, those Christopher Lee/Peter Cushing Dracula and Frankenstein movies were great. A local low-powered TV station recently started airing old episodes of Hammer House of Horror.

Speaking of which, one of the best double features I saw with my big brother was an old Christopher Lee movie [[Island of the Burning Damned) alongside Dinosaurus. A pretty solid horror flick and a dinosaur movie was little boy heaven. I was probably about 10 at the time. This is the first one:

And this was the second one. Still love this movie.

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...those old dinosaur flicks were the best,and my man christopher lee was one scary dracula.

Not sure if the original The Invasion of the Body Snatchers was mentioned/posted. I apologise if so.

I never could watch it til the end! Took me years to get over it!!

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    Not sure if the original The Invasion of the Body Snatchers was mentioned/posted. I apologise if so.

I never could watch it til the end! Took me years to get over it!!
    Classic horror film. Used to keep me up at night. I think that one and Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds are the two movies that stuck with me the most as a boy. And curiously, neither of them had a traditional "monster".

Oh, and also Night of the Hunter. Not a traditional monster movie but I submit it was a horror film of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Classic horror film. Used to keep me up at night. I think that one and Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds are the two movies that stuck with me the most as a boy. And curiously, neither of them had a traditional "monster".

Oh, and also Night of the Hunter. Not a traditional monster movie but I submit it was a horror film of the highest order.
    The Day The Earth Stood Still. [[the original, not that lame-o Keanu Reeves remake)

Quote Originally Posted by nativeNY63 View Post
    The Day The Earth Stood Still. [[the original, not that lame-o Keanu Reeves remake)
    Watched it again about a year ago and it's still great. This one was too:

I think It Came From Outer Space was ahead of its time for many reasons. The use of the theremin along with the creepy alien's perspective holds up to this day. They used a theremin in Day The Earth Stood Still, too.

Haaaaaaaaaa,i just saw-the thing from another world,with kenneth tobey and james arness as[the thing]a campy classic..haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

Here's a pretty good one from 1970

This one was really good. I watched it last Saturday:

Hey marv,it almost makes you wanna go back to the old movie house,buy some popcorn and crank up the old flicks one more time,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!