[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross & Tame Impala Album Seemingly Confirmed

We know they have a recorded a song together, but a whole album!!!.

It would be wonderful if it would be a full album, though it seems more likely that it will include their one song collaboration "Turn Up The Sunshine" -- but we'll find out soon. It is definitely creating a buzz online.

It seems now to have been confirmed that it is just the one song which will be featured on the soundtrack of the new Minions movie.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/diana-ross-tame-impalas-collaboration-minions-soundtrack-1350593/

Quote Originally Posted by Jaap View Post
    It seems now to have been confirmed that it is just the one song which will be featured on the soundtrack of the new Minions movie.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/diana-ross-tame-impalas-collaboration-minions-soundtrack-1350593/
    Thanks for this; very exciting, if true! Great potential to expose millions of kids to the magic of Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    Thanks for this; very exciting, if true! Great potential to expose millions of kids to the magic of Diana.
    Great news! I was thinking the same. My husband also mentioned that perhaps the song could also be eligible later on for an Oscar nomination [I know I'm getting ahead of myself here, but it's a nice thought]! The movie is due to premiere at a film festival in June, ahead of its theatrical release, so I'm sure we will be hearing the new song anytime in the next few weeks

This has not been confirmed but I did notice that there is a second Record Store Day drop on Sat June 18th, for any releases that were originally scheduled for the first drop in April but were delayed. I remember that Diana's collab with Tame Impala was originally due for release as a 45 rpm vinyl single for Record Store Day in April...so perhaps that vinyl release will still be coming in June?
    Last edited by carlo; 05-09-2022 at 04:36 PM.

Let’s just hope it’s a really good song.

Disco icon Ross’ joint track with Tame Impala – aka Kevin Parker – is described as a “joyous, dance-inducing” number that will serve as the first taste of the project. It’s due for release next Friday [May 20].

More info on the Minions 2: The Rise of Gru soundtrack, at the link below. The full soundtrack is being released July 1st in a number of formats, including coloured vinyls and picture discs.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/tame-...nshine-3222086

Quote Originally Posted by carlo View Post
    Disco icon Ross’ joint track with Tame Impala – aka Kevin Parker – is described as a “joyous, dance-inducing” number that will serve as the first taste of the project. It’s due for release next Friday [May 20].

More info on the Minions 2: The Rise of Gru soundtrack, at the link below. The full soundtrack is being released July 1st in a number of formats, including coloured vinyls and picture discs.

Hopefully if it takes off she might add it to her concert setlist.

Produced by Jack Antonoff, the star-studded 19-song album also features the likes of St. Vincent, Phoebe Bridgers, Brockhampton and Antonoff’s band Bleachers. The record is set to arrive on July 1 via Decca to coincide with the movie’s global theatrical release [[pre-order/pre-save here). Gonna be huge,

Disco icon Ross’ joint track with Tame Impala – aka Kevin Parker – is described as a “joyous,dance-inducing” number that will serve as the first taste of the project. It’s due for release next Friday [[May 20).
    Last edited by after you; 05-10-2022 at 09:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    I wonder if that's for the UK only...

Quote Originally Posted by copley View Post
    All this time this seemed like an internet rumor to me. With this latest link, it seems legit now. Diana teaming up with Jack was a great career move. Now for some fun….. can you imagine if she gets a song writing credit on this, then it gets nominated for an academy award and she gets an “Oscar”?

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    All this time this seemed like an internet rumor to me. With this latest link, it seems legit now. Diana teaming up with Jack was a great career move. Now for some fun….. can you imagine if she gets a song writing credit on this, then it gets nominated for an academy award and she gets an “Oscar”?
    One step at a time now.

Turn Up the Sunshine is written by Jack Antonoff, Sam Dew, Patrik Berger, and Kevin Parker. Jack Antonoff posted about the new track and the forthcoming soundtrack on his Instagram today. You can find the post at the link below, which includes a photo of Diana during the sessions, along with a video teaser of the sessions [swipe to view], in which you can hear a preview of the track. Diana sounds awesome! It sounds like a fun and funky song. It looks like Verdine White of Earth, Wind and Fire also played on this track.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdYQe1KO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    Last edited by carlo; 05-10-2022 at 03:19 PM.

I can't see Diana or hear anything!

Thanks Carlo. Seems as if Diana is not one of the songwriters…so no Academy award for her lol. But back to the song, as I said earlier, her collaborating with Jack was a great decision.

Turn Up the Sunshine is written by Jack Antonoff, Sam Dew, Patrik Berger, and Kevin Parker. Jack Antonoff posted about the new track and the forthcoming soundtrack on his Instagram today. You can find the post at the link below, which includes a photo of Diana during the sessions, along with a video teaser of the sessions [swipe to view], in which you can hear a preview of the track. Diana sounds awesome! It sounds like a fun and funky song. It looks like Verdine White of Earth, Wind and Fire also played on this track.

Sounds great!!!! Thanks carlo

She seems to be getting more media interest from this one song collaboration then when she released the “Thank You” album.

hi Carlo, thanks for the info.! [[but I also saw no Diana pic or clip of the song, really disappointed, but his post is great!)

For those that can’t see the picture or hear the song. All you have to do is swipe the screen. There are a few slides.

Edit to add: sorry, that’s what I do on my phone. Not sure how that works on a computer.
    Last edited by khansperac; 05-10-2022 at 07:01 PM.

Great news. Looking forward to this new song.

Quote Originally Posted by khansperac View Post
    For those that can’t see the picture or hear the song. All you have to do is swipe the screen. There are a few slides.

Edit to add: sorry, that’s what I do on my phone. Not sure how that works on a computer.
    Thanks the short clip sounds different and fresh and fun!

Diana has posted the snippet on her Twitter feed and confirmed the May 20th release date. The snippet sounds great. Hope it is added to an expanded release of Thank You to coincide with the UK your.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepdishus2001 View Post
    Diana has posted the snippet on her Twitter feed and confirmed the May 20th release date. The snippet sounds great. Hope it is added to an expanded release of Thank You to coincide with the UK your.
    This sounds like a hit to me in the UK.

I hadn't picked up on the expanded release of Thank You. Is there any information about it please?

This is the business!!! Yes, that is Verdine! Many thanks!!!

I'm cautiously optimistic. Although a hit would be great, I’ll settle for actually liking it without rationalizing.

Diana’s on fire in that short audio clip. Did she finally connect with the right people to make quality music? It has been many decades……

This snippet sounds better than anything on "Thank You."

Quote Originally Posted by sansradio View Post
    This is the business!!! Yes, that is Verdine! Many thanks!!!
    Right! Oh man, I can't wait for this. It's just a snippet, but if it's any indication of how the rest of the song sounds, this is going to be fire!

Quote Originally Posted by Circa 1824 View Post
    Diana’s on fire in that short audio clip. Did she finally connect with the right people to make quality music? It has been many decades……
    If Circa 1824 likes it, it must be good!!!!

Hopefully if the song takes off, it might ignite renewed interest in the “Thank You” album.
    I wonder if she has any UK tv show appearances lined up this summer?.

Quote Originally Posted by RanRan79 View Post
    Right! Oh man, I can't wait for this. It's just a snippet, but if it's any indication of how the rest of the song sounds, this is going to be fire!
    I really hope she makes every effort to perform this live on Glastonbury!

I might even settle for lip syncing….

Not too much in the snippet on her Twitter but the TikTok one shows really potential

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post
    Lol. Hopefully this isn't a sign of an impending apocalypse!

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    Not too much in the snippet on her Twitter but the TikTok one shows really potential
    Thanks for the heads up on the clip posted to TikTok. I didn't realize that there's a different, much longer snippet on there. I don't have TikTok but managed to find it via a Google search. Here is the link for anyone interested in hearing a longer audio clip. Sounds awesome! Press or click the play button on the cover art for the track...

https://www.tiktok.com/music/Turn-Up...&is_copy_url=0

I am far from being all tech savvy but I think if you have Facebook, you can sign in TikTok. When your on the login screen for TikTok, you select sign in using Facebook [[if that makes sense). I searched for Diana Ross and then clicked on “sounds”. If you scroll down you will see the new song. It’s a full minute clip.

Whoa ohh oh

you got the best of my love

Quote Originally Posted by TomatoTom123 View Post

I do I do I do

Lol. Hopefully this isn't a sign of an impending apocalypse!
    LOLOLOLolololol

Soooooo I woke up this morning and can’t find this on U.S. Apple Music at all. What’s the story?

Must be May 20 it's coming out, not today the 13th. If you go through thread and links there's conflicting info as to whether it's 13th or 20th.

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadinglove21 View Post
    Must be May 20 it's coming out, not today the 13th. If you go through thread and links there's conflicting info as to whether it's 13th or 20th.
    Gotcha. Grrr...but thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    Hopefully if the song takes off, it might ignite renewed interest in the “Thank You” album.
    I wonder if she has any UK tv show appearances lined up this summer?.
    I expect hardly any promotion, or maybe the team behind Tame Impala does something. So....in stead of complaining, I've done what I could.

I wrote all the entertainment shows in the Netherlands, with link to the tiktok clip, wrote to Dutch radiostations in that genre, wrote to Foxnews and CNN.

Maybe we can all help? A mail is simply made and is more positive than complaining that it might gets no attention at all.

To make clear, this is not to bash Ms Ross, just to help her, without her asking and permission.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 1382hitsville View Post
    I expect hardly any promotion, or maybe the team behind Tame Impala does something. So....in stead of complaining, I've done what I could.

I wrote all the entertainment shows in the Netherlands, with link to the tiktok clip, wrote to Dutch radiostations in that genre, wrote to Foxnews and CNN.

Maybe we can all help? A mail is simply made and is more positive than complaining that it might gets no attention at all.

To make clear, this is not to bash Ms Ross, just to help her, without her asking and permission.

What do you think?

It can't hurt and yes I think radio stations do absolutely listen to viewers requests- especially the smaller college stations

sounds great
    this could be a huge hit

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    sounds great
    this could be a huge hit
    Promote, Promote, let’s get loud on this! It might be her last hit and what a great way to go out [[or retire, or fade out…) with a bang!

Don’t get me wrong, I wish her a long and prosperous life.

This work with Tame Impala is a once in a life time chance to get the music of Diana to be heard by a bigger and younger audience.

[[And to cause some recalcitrance to universal, let’s show there is interest and money to be made….expanded editions anyone?)

To make it concrete and inspire:
    - send out messages to local gossip channels
    - local talk magazine like talk shows
    - asked BBC if they will broadcast the Glastonbury legends slot live
    - asked Fathom Events if they can broadcast the Glastonbury concert at cinema's like they have done with Diamond Diana

The more voices we raise, the more noise we make....

Anyway, I really like the snippet on TikTok and can't wait for the full version

As much as I love your enthusiasm Hitsville, and support the idea of actively promoting this track, I think there is a good chance that it will get a lot of exposure, with or without the promotional efforts of Diana and the fanbase. The song is on a soundtrack for one of the most popular children's movie franchises, next to Disney's Frozen. You can walk into any toy store or toy department in North America and find Minions branded merchandise of all kinds. Having this track featured as the lead single and as the first track of the soundtrack itself, may also mean it will likely be featured in the movie, or at the very least, during the credits. This will guarantee widescale exposure. Now it's just a matter of how the general public will receive it. Time will tell. I am optimistic
    Last edited by carlo; 05-17-2022 at 03:50 PM.

hoping this charts well for Diana
    and brings us more expanded editions

As much as I love your enthusiasm Hitsville, and support the idea of actively promoting this track, I think there is a good chance that it will get a lot of exposure, with or without the promotional efforts of Diana and the fanbase. The song is on a soundtrack for one of the most popular children's movie franchises, next to Disney's Frozen. You can walk into any toy store or toy department in North America and find Minions branded merchandise of all kinds. Having this track featured as the lead single and as the first track of the soundtrack itself, may also mean it will likely be featured in the movie, or at the very least, during the credits. This will guarantee widescale exposure. Now it's just a matter of how the general public will receive it. Time will tell. I am optimistic
    I agree. If there is a chance of success for an older lady, this is it.