[REMOVE ADS]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Diana Ross, looks sensational in fabulous red gown at free World AIDS Dallas Concert

By RACHEL MCGRATH
    She may be 75 but she can still get people to their feet with her powerful stage act.

And on Friday night in Dallas, Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Day.

TSuperstar: She may be 75 but she still gets people to their feet with her powerful stage act. And Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Dayhe Motown superstar entertained the adoring crowd wearing a fabulous red gown with a matching frilly duster.

Superstar: She may be 75 but she still gets people to their feet with her powerful stage act. And Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Day

Icon: The Motown superstar entertained the adoring crowd in Dallas on Friday night wearing a fabulous red gown with a matching frilly duster

Hitmaker: Ross wore her hair in her signature mass of curls and was made up with plenty of rouge and red lip color
    https://www.amazon.com/?tag=amazusna...SAAEgJbPPD_BwE

Crowd pleaser: She accessorized with stunning sparkly silver pendant earrings that matched the silver collar on her dress

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rt-Dallas.html

Quote Originally Posted by milven View Post
    By RACHEL MCGRATH
    She may be 75 but she can still get people to their feet with her powerful stage act.

And on Friday night in Dallas, Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Day.

TSuperstar: She may be 75 but she still gets people to their feet with her powerful stage act. And Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Dayhe Motown superstar entertained the adoring crowd wearing a fabulous red gown with a matching frilly duster.

Superstar: She may be 75 but she still gets people to their feet with her powerful stage act. And Diana Ross did not disappoint as she headlined a free concert marking World AIDS Day

Icon: The Motown superstar entertained the adoring crowd in Dallas on Friday night wearing a fabulous red gown with a matching frilly duster

Hitmaker: Ross wore her hair in her signature mass of curls and was made up with plenty of rouge and red lip color
    https://www.amazon.com/?tag=amazusna...SAAEgJbPPD_BwE

Crowd pleaser: She accessorized with stunning sparkly silver pendant earrings that matched the silver collar on her dress

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rt-Dallas.html
    She looked fantastic! What a charismatic lady she is.

Miss Ross sure loves that red!

I've always loved Diana in red. She's become a beyond-legend and deserves it!

The red dress is lovely, but the makeup is far to heavy. She looks great for 75 so really doesn't need so much.

She looks great.wow. you would never know she is 75....
    But I do like her hair shorter

Quote Originally Posted by Ollie9 View Post
    The red dress is lovely, but the makeup is far to heavy. She looks great for 75 so really doesn't need so much.
    I shall tell her next week that our resident make up expert Ollie is not too impressed with her assistants efforts!!

Is she back to making her own clothes? LOL!!!

Terrific that Diana Ross performed this FREE event for this cause. Very proud of her.
    Dallas is not exactly the most convenient locale to pop into for a show , I wonder how in the heck it came to be. Very little fanfare around it, yet its a magnificent gesture.

[[Diana Ross got robbed of a #1 song with THE BOSS. There just wasn't room for yet another disco song atop the pop charts during that period's surge of disco music. Still performing it though , still well received )

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebrock View Post
    I shall tell her next week that our resident make up expert Ollie is not too impressed with her assistants efforts!!
    Not an expert my love, just offering my opinion. Having said, should the opportunity to pass on my comment arise it can only be for the good. Diana imo always looks far better with a more natural look.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogiedown View Post
    Terrific that Diana Ross performed this FREE event for this cause. Very proud of her.
    Dallas is not exactly the most convenient locale to pop into for a show , I wonder how in the heck it came to be. Very little fanfare around it, yet its a magnificent gesture.

Diana's voice sounds rejuvenated here. Bodes well for the new album.

Ask her what mortician is working with her?
    Last edited by marv2; 12-01-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marv2 View Post
    Is she back to making her own clothes? LOL!!!
    Originally Posted by marv2 October 2016
    I don't even go into most Diana Ross threads on here."

Ask her what the mortician is working with her?
    Your an obsessed and deranged troll.

Not an expert my love, just offering my opinion. Having said, should the opportunity to pass on my comment arise it can only be for the good. Diana imo always looks far better with a more natural look.
    She has form when it comes to taking on UK based make up artists. I recall back in the 90's she was most impressed with the work of a make up artist who worked on the Des O'Connor show. The girl in question ended up working for Diana for several years, so if you would like to forward your cv you could maybe have a whole new career to look forward to!

She has form when it comes to taking on UK based make up artists. I recall back in the 90's she was most impressed with the work of a make up artist who worked on the Des O'Connor show. The girl in question ended up working for Diana for several years, so if you would like to forward your cv you could maybe have a whole new career to look forward to!
    So! It is the Desi O'Connor Mortuary that is working with her. You should tell them that they are not doing a first-rate job. They have been neglecting her hands. Her hands look like she's been changing tires or something.

Funnily enough, many moons ago i did once consider becoming a makeup artist. At the end of the day my heart wasn't really in it so i chose antiques instead.....slightly different lol.
    I prefer the more natural look Diana sported around the time of The Boss and also the Take Me Higher years.

So! It is the Desi O'Connor Mortuary that is working with her. You should tell them that they are not doing a first-rate job. They have been neglecting her hands. Her hands look like she's been changing tires or something.
    Marv, considering the lady is now 75 she looks amazing. Stop being naughty.

Marv, considering the lady is now 75 she looks amazing. Stop being naughty.
    Oh, like it's my fault that she looks like a reanimated corpse? LOL!

Funnily enough, many moons ago i did once consider becoming a makeup artist. At the end of the day my heart wasn't really in it so i chose antiques instead.....slightly different lol.
    I prefer the more natural look Diana sported around the time of The Boss and also the Take Me Higher years.
    I suspect antiques are more lucrative, and i would imagine far more interesting. My son in law has made a fortune out of his antiques business. I have been to a few auctions with him. Fascinating stuff.

Whatever she is doing [[makeup or whatever), it’s working. I’ve noticed in recent years from the way she speaks to how good she looks, she he has maintained the “IT” factor she has carried from the early 1960’s. In any group picture, she stands out [[and I mean in a good way). Thanks for the wonderful photos.
    Last edited by jobucats; 12-03-2019 at 06:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jobucats View Post
    Whatever she is doing [[makeup or whatever), it’s working. I’ve noticed in recent years that the way she speaks to how good looks. She has maintained the “IT” factor she has carried from the early 1960’s. In any group picture, she stands out [[and I mean in a good way). Thanks for the wonderful photos.
    Great post. She looks wonderful. She is happy and contented on the inside which gives her a beautiful aurra on the outside. What an amazing and unique icon she is.

I think Diana is doing just great. It was only that i thought the makeup looked a little heavy on this occasion. It really was just an observation, not an attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Roberta75 View Post
    Your an obsessed and deranged troll.

I think we all hoped that at least one of Wilson's endeavours this year would lead to some degree of success to keep the troll[[s) at bay. Unfortunately that didn't happen so we're back to #laughingstock.

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceNHarmony View Post
    I think we all hoped that at least one of Wilson's endeavours this year would lead to some degree of success to keep the troll[[s) at bay. Unfortunately that didn't happen so we're back to #laughingstock.
    marv's D.R posts are mostly left as a wind-up for fanatics like you. Why would he stop when it appears to work every time The difference between the two of you is that your posts tend to be 95% ugly while marv comes out as a 50/50.
    Go figure......
    Last edited by Ollie9; 12-03-2019 at 06:29 AM.

marv's D.R posts are mostly left as a wind-up for fanatics like you. Why would he stop when it appears to work every time The difference between the two of you is that your posts tend to be 95% ugly while marv comes out as a 50/50.
    Go figure......
    Go back and read what Marv posted about Diana earlier in this thread Ollie and then tell me again which of the posts you would describe as the more "ugly". I'll wait.

Go back and read what Marv posted about Diana earlier in this thread Ollie and then tell me again which of the posts you would describe as the more "ugly". I'll wait.
    Glad you waited. As i have previously posted, i believe marv delivers these posts to get a particular reaction This he achieves 98% of the time. His posts on this particular thread were unnecessary and cruel but again, mission accomplished.
    Having said that not all his posts are Diana related and i enjoy reading many of them.
    As regards the other poster hmmm. There are fans and then there are fanatics who try and shut anyone down who so much as dislikes a Diana song, album or performance. They spew vitriol and claim they only do it in defence of their chosen idol. IMO one is almost as bad as the other.

Go figure......
    Guess along with makeup you failed at math as well. Best to you.

Go figure......
    100% blind or worse
    Last edited by Albator; 12-03-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Glad you waited. As i have previously posted, i believe marv delivers these posts to get a particular reaction This he achieves 98% of the time. His posts on this particular thread were unnecessary and cruel but again, mission accomplished.
    Having said that not all his posts are Diana related and i enjoy reading many of them.
    As regards the other poster hmmm. There are fans and then there are fanatics who try and shut anyone down who so much as dislikes a Diana song, album or performance. They spew vitriol and claim they only do it in defence of their chosen idol. IMO one is almost as bad as the other.
    I agree that he does post some great stuff on this forum, but his blind hatred of a woman whom he has never met is very disturbing and creepy. I shudder to think what evil thoughts most go through his mind that make him capable of posting such nasty and unpleasant comments.

I agree that he does post some great stuff on this forum, but his blind hatred of a woman whom he has never met is very disturbing and creepy. I shudder to think what evil thoughts most go through his mind that make him capable of posting such nasty and unpleasant comments.
    A toxic and vicious and real unhappy person who deserves our pity and prayers more that anyone I know.

... anyway, still ...

Diana Ross, looks sensational in fabulous red gown at free World AIDS Dallas Concert

and is adding concert dates to her world tour!

... anyway, still ...

And is loved everywhere she perform.

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    100% blind or worse
    Back at you sweetie.

Guess along with makeup you failed at math as well. Best to you.
    Oh i think you get the message.

Go figure......
    Are you serious? The hateful ugly things he says about Diana Ross. And it is ok and excusable by you because he is only trying to get a reaction. All I can say is WOW!

... anyway, still ...

That's it now for the UK, but there could be a few more USA dates to be added.
    Personally i feel she has taken on as much as a 75 year old should take on. Perhaps she has taken on a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by vgalindo View Post
    Are you serious? The hateful ugly things he says about Diana Ross. And it is ok and excusable by you because he is only trying to get a reaction. All I can say is WOW!
    Of course it's not alright vgalindo. One of the points i was trying to make is that if people did not respond in kind then marv would probably get bored and give up. The reason he posts as he does is because he knows the reaction he will get.
    The other point was that it's ok for certain members to be nasty and obnoxious about Mary Wilson, but mention D.R and and their clutching at their pearls. Slight case of double standards i would say.

Of course it's not alright vgalindo. One of the points i was trying to make is that if people did not respond in kind then marv would probably get bored and give up. The reason he posts as he does is because he knows the reaction he will get.
    The other point was that it's ok for certain members to be nasty and obnoxious about Mary Wilson, but mention D.R and and their clutching at their pearls. Slight case of double standards i would say.
    I am no fan of Mary Wilson, and i have called her out in the past regarding her talent, or lack of it, but i would never stoop to the depths that he does with Diana. There is no justification for that. Criticise the music by all means, but vicious personal attacks should not be tolerated.

Mary has said as much to me about him. He totally creeps her out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMotownManiac View Post
    Mary has said as much to me about him. He totally creeps her out.
    I don't doubt you. Mary obviously has good reason to feel uneasy about him. Little wonder she had to take steps to keep him away from her.

Diana Ross singing The Boss!!! I love it!

I think most of us on here will agree that Diana looks sensational. She is in a good place, and we should be grateful that this most iconic of icons is still out there entertaining us.
    I hope this thread will begin to calm down and that a certain someone will be more respectful in the future. It is fast approaching Christmas, and it would nice if we could all embrace the true spirit of Christmas and try to spread some seasonal joy and positive vibes. It is much easier to be nice than it is to be nasty.

I'd be happy to do any physical activity for an hour or so if/when I get to age 75 without needing an ambulance or hearse. But I doubt there's any way I'd look good doing it..

Now, and over the next few years, we will see the last farewells on stage of many legends of the music world. They may not be quite the sensations they were a half-century ago, but the fact that they are still out there bringing joy to many thousands is inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by Levi Stubbs Tears View Post
    I'd be happy to do any physical activity for an hour or so if/when I get to age 75 without needing an ambulance or hearse. But I doubt there's any way I'd look good doing it..

Now, and over the next few years, we will see the last farewells on stage of many legends of the music world. They may not be quite the sensations they were a half-century ago, but the fact that they are still out there bringing joy to many thousands is inspirational.
    Amen to that!

I’m not crazy about red on stage. I’ve alway prefered her in white, black or all shades of purple

Quote Originally Posted by Albator View Post
    I’m not crazy about red on stage. I’ve alway prefered her in white, black or all shades of purple
    She loves red, and i do think it suits her, not that my opinion is valued or required by her!

She loves red, and i do think it suits her, not that my opinion is valued or required by her!
    I love her red ball gown from her 89 tour and of course the 1976/77 red sequined gown from An evening with and that's it
    Her most spectacular, iconic, whatever, was the orange jumpsuit from Central Park. Stunning

I love Diana in red!!!!

I must admit she does look good and she rocks in that red dress. If I understand everything I read she did this concert free ?