[REMOVE ADS]

ross 78 universal

with all Diana's tv appearances recently , the Christmas in new York, new years eve, the grammys, her recent birthday celebration, you would think universal would be on point to also celebrate Diana's big 75, …...but so far, they seem to be the only one NOT celebrating.
    the long over due Ross 78 seems to be held for ransom.maybe with the Motown 60 this weekend, maybe, but I am willing to bet we wont get any news , once again. maybe for Motown 65?
    sorry I needed to vent

I agree. I thought for sure this would finally be released for her birthday. This would be the perfect time.

I loved that LP...that version of Lovin Livin' & Givin' is the only one I like...and I like it a lot...she just bounces all over the break with that wonderful scat ad lib..."Together" is the only song I don't love on the LP

I would be surprised if we get any more CDs at this point. Seems they can't even outsource these projects. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by daviddh View Post
    with all Diana's tv appearances recently , the Christmas in new York, new years eve, the grammys, her recent birthday celebration, you would think universal would be on point to also celebrate Diana's big 75, …...but so far, they seem to be the only one NOT celebrating.
    the long over due Ross 78 seems to be held for ransom.maybe with the Motown 60 this weekend, maybe, but I am willing to bet we wont get any news , once again. maybe for Motown 65?
    sorry I needed to vent
    While I agree Universal should have struck while the iron was hot in terms of getting releases out there during her major TV appearances, it seems Diana is focused on her dance remixes and the expanded edition direction is on finishing the 60s Supremes catalog. That's not to say Ross 78 shouldn't be done, but I think most fans are eagerly waiting for the DRATS albums to get some focus since they haven't been touched upon yet.

I wish the expanded edition of the Where Did Our Love Go album is released again

The lack of activity from Universal is worrying. If they cannot be bothered to release such in demand product they should sub let it to other labels. David Nathan has tried to re-release certain albums, but has been met with a wall of resistence. It is little wonder that some people are drawn towards those dreaded bootleg thieves.

Quote Originally Posted by bradsupremes View Post
    While I agree Universal should have struck while the iron was hot in terms of getting releases out there during her major TV appearances, it seems Diana is focused on her dance remixes and the expanded edition direction is on finishing the 60s Supremes catalog. That's not to say Ross 78 shouldn't be done, but I think most fans are eagerly waiting for the DRATS albums to get some focus since they haven't been touched upon yet.
    I kind of agree but for a while we were getting a Ross solo and then a Supremes edition would follow 6 months later. if memory serves me correctly, we would get a Christmas release then a spring release.
    things have slowed down even more so and no word from anyone at universal. that comment is not directed towards Andy, George , Kevin or Harry.
    I was under the impression that Ross 78 was completed and awaiting a release date. as also Reflections.
    also while Diana is focused on her dance mixes, she is not directly involved with her back catalogue

Yeah I thought Ross 78 was done and waiting release.