[REMOVE ADS]

Page 12 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Yo... Moe

Quote Originally Posted by ms_m View Post
    ...and you guys thought I was nuts.....hahahahahahahahaha

I love my Boyz but this is a bit much even for me!

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/cowbo...-rap/380758872
    Oh, the tears that kid will be crying in just a couple of short weeks. Life lessons are sometimes harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Oz View Post
    Oh, the tears that kid will be crying in just a couple of short weeks. Life lessons are sometimes harsh.
    and the winning lottery numbers are........????????

Let me check... I may already be a winner!

Let me check... I may already be a winner!
    If your ability to know what will happen in the future was genuine, you wouldn't have to check, you would already know. hmmmmm

Okay, I'll now admit that my prediction about the clearly deranged kid was much more an educated guess than established fact. There is a chance that he won't cry when Dallas gets beat.

Don't mind me, ms_m. I'm just taking my shots...

Okay, I'll now admit that my prediction about the clearly deranged kid was much more an educated guess than established fact. There is a chance that he won't cry when Dallas gets beat.
    IF they get beat I'm guessing he will poor kid. I'll just curse err thang and err body in sight. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though, we all want our teams to be the best, #1, that's what [[part) of being a fan is all about but as I've gotten older, I tend to enjoy the process. Does that mean I enjoy seeing my team lose....heck to the no but I enjoy rooting for them, yelling at 'em, cheering for 'em and then letting it go until the next game and it starts all over again.

I don't mind the digs but because I'm a Cowboys fan they do tend to get old. For whatever reason, people really hate or love the Cowboys. There rarely seems to be anything in between and I don't get that. I mean, I don't like the Brady Bunch but I don't go around needling folks that do.

The other thing, especially with this years team, it's almost like people want to see the rookies fail simply because it's never been done before or because Romo isn't the one leading the way and THAT, I really don't get. This is a team sport. shrugs

But carry on, I've been dealing with the slings and arrows and will continue to do so. I'm more focused on tomorrow's game. After that the next game and then the next and the next and so forth and so on. [[take note of all the next and so forth....LOL)

Whatever happens in the end I'll either be happy or pissed but above all, I will still be a loud and proud Dallas Cowboys fan!!!!!!

Don't mind me, ms_m. I'm just taking my shots...
    I'm going to Watch Night Service later so I'll say my HAPPY NEW year to you and SDF now.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! Let's get ready to kick 2016 to the curb!!!!!!!!!

God bless you tonight and forever. As to the Cowboy hate, let me put things in perspective for you. The national outlets love the Boys because they bring ratings thanks as much to people who dislike them as to the many fans who seem to creep out of the woodwork only when they do well. Not most of y'all, mind you, but many. I've been watching ESPN's "NFL Live" all week since my team has a pretty important contest tomorrow. All I've heard was a little about Matt Ryan as MVP and clarification of various playoff scenarios, maybe five minutes total.

Every day, they managed to talk about Dallas for at least ten minutes, even though they're playoff seeding is set. I turned the show off after 20 minutes yesterday when they spent most of two segments talking about [[guess who?) Dallas. They don't even discuss New England in that detail. One reason fans of other teams dislike the Cowboys is because they aren't the only team in the league but you'd barely notice it. No seeding implications? Let's talk about Tony Romo's snap counts and why Zeke should be MVP. Oh, and let's throw another Dak Prescott interview on the show. There's nothing else going on one week before the playoffs begin.

If my doesn't win, it really doesn't matter who does. The only reason I would root against your guys is so that reporters will cover somebody else.

We can discuss it next year.

Ok, I've got a minute.

It's marketing and we know it. That "America's Team" shtick was brilliant [[from a biz point of view) but why blame that on the team or the fans and I'm talking the loyal crew not the bandwagon folk. The irony, hating us only makes the media want to talk about us even more.

A lot of the stuff about Dallas is annoying to us as well and I will be the first to say, Atlanta has been underappreciated. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see us duke it out with you guys.

I guarantee if we end up against each other, your team will get it's moment in the spotlight and if they happen to win...lawdy Ms. Claudy.

We live in corporate America, when do people finally understand that? However, if you love football, hate the corporate game, not the team and learn to give props when props are do. That would go a long way in the way the media does it's job.!!!!!!
    Last edited by ms_m; 12-31-2016 at 08:24 PM.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!! Let's get ready to kick 2016 to the curb!!!!!!!!!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR everybody!!!

Of course part of the reason that i hate the boyz is because before george allen came to town,ya;ll owned our sorry butts, more talent better ownership,i mean sonny jurgenson would get us a victory once in awhile but for the most part ya'll would come in our yard kick our dog and take our candy and give us a black eye for fighting back[sigh]but of course those days are long gone,now as for that america's team tag that put a bullseye on ya'll's back,as one of the old raiders once said...if they are america's team what are the rest of us?...but i'm glad that you all are still in the east because no team in any sport that i watch fires me up as much as the boyz...the team i love to hate.

Ok, I've got a minute.

It's marketing and we know it. That "America's Team" shtick was brilliant [[from a biz point of view) but why blame that on the team or the fans and I'm talking the loyal crew not the bandwagon folk. The irony, hating us only makes the media want to talk about us even more.

A lot of the stuff about Dallas is annoying to us as well and I will be the first to say, Atlanta has been underappreciated. It's one of the reasons I'd like to see us duke it out with you guys.

I guarantee if we end up against each other, your team will get it's moment in the spotlight and if they happen to win...lawdy Ms. Claudy.

We live in corporate America, when do people finally understand that? However, if you love football, hate the corporate game, not the team and learn to give props when props are do. That would go a long way in the way the media does it's job.!!!!!!
    Do you think I hate you?! Me? You?! Nope. Never. I don't even hate Dallas fans or the Cowboys. I hate the saturation of coverage and I dislike the "casual" fans who will talk trash about "their" team when they aren't very good but lay claim to the greatest legacy in sports when the cycle turns and they're good again.

Football is too much fun to take seriously and I'll never lose a friend over it. And I only just met you and I hope you don't take my jabs as anything other than message board chatter. You're too cool for me to want to offend.

But you know that.

Hate me...heck no, I don't think that at all. You GET me....not everyone around these parts do, but you get me [[paraphrasing Sally Fields). LOL

We can kick it and keep it moving but been around here long enough to know, sometimes you have to say things for the benefit of others, it probably goes over their head but still.... feel me?

Happy New Year Jerry Oz and arr& bee, looking forward to a few more weeks of football talk. YEAH!

Name:  Good Morning CBN.jpg
Views: 1792
Size:  36.2 KB

Name:  game day2.jpg
Views: 1651
Size:  31.3 KB

This is rather timely...

When Joe Flacco walked off the field after watching his team lose to the Steelers on Christmas Day, he could've given Ben Roethlisberger a fast handshake and quickly headed to the locker room.
    However, that's not what he did. When the two quarterbacks met at midfield after Pittsburgh's 31-27 win, Flacco actually had a surprising message for Roethlisberger.
    The Ravens quarterback told Big Ben that he'd be rooting for him to win the Super Bowl.
    "Hey, go get 'em, man," Flacco said to Roethlisberger. "Go win it."

The exchange between the two quarterbacks was caught by NFL films and aired this week on Showtime's Inside the NFL.
    What a wonderful thing it would be to have fans react this way....I'm just sayin'

Yes, I agree. If the Steelers are out played & lose royally I'll be the first one to call them on it. A great play courtesy of another team? Yep, I'm there appreciating the play. I just love the game.

Happy New Year to you all!!

I'm enjoying our sports page so much,pretty soon we can start to argue about basketball and i'm sure that our ms m has some strong opinions on that sport as well.

wheeeeeeeeeeeew....I made it. Give me a sec to catch my breath. LOL

Take your time.

LOL....I prefer college basketball to professional ball. More specifically, Carolina [[Tarheel) basketball but I'm down for a little b-ball talk AFTER football season is over and done. That would give me just enough time to decompose before March Madness.

Mo, did you go to the game?

OMG....hey Tony

Touchdown!!!!!!!!

Love the basketball Heels over every other team in sports. We laid an egg yesterday, but so did America on November 8. We'll bounce back, just like the country will.

Browns up by 2 td against the Steelers, are you serious?

Love the basketball Heels over every other team in sports. We laid an egg yesterday, but so did America on November 8. We'll bounce back, just like the country will.
    Not sure how I feel about that analogy.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...I was just about to say the Eagles should have challenged that. LOL

Ya think homie is from the South? LOL

Damn Sam!!!!!!!!

Well, I was watching a bootleg feed of the Dolphins v Patriots but that just depressed me.

Dear football g's can we PLEASE keep Tony next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I was watching a bootleg feed of the Dolphins v Patriots but that just depressed me.
    LOL, thought I was the only one that did that, as a matter of fact will have to do that for your game since I'm in Skins country. HAHAHA

And just when the Sun was seeming to shine in Cleveland, the Browns make a return appearance to the game. SMH. That'll be the end of their hopes for a 2-14 season.

LOL, thought I was the only one that did that, as a matter of fact will have to do that for your game since I'm in Skins country. HAHAHA
    Me too. I'll head for home from the folks' house in time to get comfortable, start dinner and get excited. They aren't televising it locally, so I have to catch it through **errrrr** "other means".

Ouch, just checked out that score.

Me too. I'll head for home from the folks' house in time to get comfortable, start dinner and get excited. They aren't televising it locally, so I have to catch it through **errrrr** "other means".
    HAHAHAHAHAHA....I feel ya...HAHAHAHAHAHA

NOW, I'm pissed. Hell I'd rather Dez take a turn at QB. s^%$t

Thank goodness the D showed up this week.

If it's meant to be for Romo to leave, we are in serious need of a backup QB!!!!!!

I actually hope the Cowboys win today. More so that Dak can get the record for wins than because I prefer them over the Iggles. I like seeing players set records when I have no dog in the fight.

If it's meant to be for Romo to leave, we are in serious need of a backup QB!!!!!!
    If he leaves, your team will have enough loot to build depth to set them up for a dynastic run. Prescott and Zeke on rookie deals means they can grab free agents to shore up every position two deep for the next three seasons. But not with Romo eating $20 million a year.

I actually hope the Cowboys win today. More so that Dak can get the record for wins than because I prefer them over the Iggles. I like seeing players set records when I have no dog in the fight.
    If they put Witten back in, he can capture a record as well.

I don't see it happening with Sanchez, next to Brandon Weeden, he is one of my all time LEAST fave Boyz QB.

If he leaves, your team will have enough loot to build depth to set them up for a dynastic run. Prescott and Zeke on rookie deals means they can grab free agents to shore up every position two deep for the next three seasons. But not with Romo eating $20 million a year.
    I know, I Know. Hope they can sneak a good backup QB in there too. LOL

If they're smart, they'll try to draft another mid-round steal this season. Nobody imagined that Prescott would be so good. There's somebody else out there that can be a great backup if not a groomed and ready starter.

As long as Jones sits down and stfu. From what I understand it was the coaches that pressed for Dak.

We shall see.

I can lose this game on principal but not because of Sanchez and his [[USUAL) BS!

Good Job D...keep it up!

34? Wow, he looks as old as me. LOL

I need a cigarette!

Not a drink? LOL.

I missed something. What?